Intentional dying detection

General Discussion
After having someone who (presumably) using a program just walked towards the enemy side of the way, nothing else. Coming here to ask about why this isn't stopped I saw this in the stickies:

"Going AFK, refusing to participate, and intentionally dying are behaviors that ruin the experience for everyone else in a match and undermine the spirit of competition that’s essential to Heroes of the Storm. Taking part in these actions will not be tolerated, and we will continue to suspend and ban players who do."

It is trivial to detect this sort of behaviour, and if you can do it over 10 games in a row without been stopped then the above is just a lie. I know the programmers they have on hand aren't idiots so why is this behaviour tolerated so much?
they do ban waves but someone might get away with it for 2 weeks before actually getting banned unfortunately.
Reports for afk or feeding are not handled automatically like silences because they lead to a suspension which means the player can't temporarily play the game.

But the good news is, since humans review every report, even 2-3 reports can be enough to trigger a suspension on a feeding account because a person will analyze that persons statistics, and if they average 25 deaths per game with no hero damage or other contribution their account will be locked for a period of time.

So report them as usual and keep an eye on the suspension thread at the top of this forum (updates every 2 weeks now, like Phoenixfire said).
04/27/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Ben
After having someone who (presumably) using a program just walked towards the enemy side of the way, nothing else. Coming here to ask about why this isn't stopped I saw this in the stickies:

"Going AFK, refusing to participate, and intentionally dying are behaviors that ruin the experience for everyone else in a match and undermine the spirit of competition that’s essential to Heroes of the Storm. Taking part in these actions will not be tolerated, and we will continue to suspend and ban players who do."

It is trivial to detect this sort of behaviour, and if you can do it over 10 games in a row without been stopped then the above is just a lie. I know the programmers they have on hand aren't idiots so why is this behaviour tolerated so much?

may be you are the idiot tilting him with your stupid decisions and ignoring signals?

so he decided palying with you is a waste of time?

don't get me wrong, i am only talking about possibilities.
Your time trying to understand why Buzztard does nothing would be better spent reading the dictionary. Suiciding is a part of every game.
04/27/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Koko!@#$o
04/27/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Ben

may be you are the idiot tilting him with your stupid decisions and ignoring signals?

so he decided palying with you is a waste of time?

don't get me wrong, i am only talking about possibilities.

Feel free to re-read what you quoted and try again.
None of this is about the point, which is that it is automatically detectable behaviour.
04/27/2018 10:24 AMPosted by MetalDtector
if they average 25 deaths per game with no hero damage or other contribution their account will be locked for a period of time.

Is it seriously that high?
04/27/2018 06:02 PMPosted by drkbef
04/27/2018 10:24 AMPosted by MetalDtector
if they average 25 deaths per game with no hero damage or other contribution their account will be locked for a period of time.

Is it seriously that high?

In the game I saw him in it was 20 deaths. My game with him was his 11th lose in a row, I'm assuming it wasn't a coincidence. I understand posting a link to profiles is not allowed and I agree with that but I don't think it is outside the rules to mention some anonymous details.

Does one of two things, moves to stand by the first fort in top lane, or moves down middle lane going around the first gate if its up and tries to walk through the last gate of middle lane.

Top lane death - towers: 1 to 4, 6 to 8, 10. total of 8.
Mid lane death - towers: 5, 9, 11 to 16, 18 to 20, total of 11.
Death to enemy heroes while on route: 17, total of 1.

Kills, assists both zero, deaths: 20. Damage to enemies: 442, damage to structures: 2,410, exp gain: 1,140

I think he died once out of twenty to enemy heroes, they learned quickly to not bother chasing and all five of them together didn't even bother to nuke him as past through them.

There is zero chance that this isn't trivially easy to detect, there wasn't even a pretence of interaction. This is what I'd like to bring up.

If they are really only looking for an average of 25 deaths with zero hero or structure damage then why even bother doing? His auto attacks provided damage when standing by forts and he didn't hang around, he died as quickly as possible each time, going right for a fort, he couldn't have died 25 times if he wanted to.