Is Hanzo a fair hero?

General Discussion
He can shred boss really quick with scattered arrows, is this appropriate?
I just always wondered why he was the only ranged to have an escape.

Chromie doesn't, Hammer's is a lot more limited on a longer cooldown, and Raynor....
05/02/2018 01:48 PMPosted by NicePants
05/01/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Crescent
Pick Valeera/Genji. Problem solved.
For Genji, Hanzo would be really out of position or Genji would be in Dragon Blade mode to make this true. If Hanzo is well positioned behind his team (as he can easily reach his targets from afar), Genji's only way to reach a Hanzo that has Natura Agility up is by using some form of gap close. Once Hanzo Jumps, Genji need's his escape or he's quickly executed. If we're talking about teammates help to get to Hanzo, then it's not just simply "pick Genji; problem solved".

In theory, Valeera can shut down Hanzo, But that's from her 2 openers that are dependent on her being in stealth. Hanzo is actually one of the best Scouting/Revealing Heroes out there and counters Valeera's stealth. Valeera can start fights out of stealth, but a decent Hanzo would just keep his eye on her, as she won't benefit from her Ranged Opener (and only Melee Opener).

Personally, I'd feel a better fitting counter to Hanzo is Anub'arak.

If Hanzo jumps, you've removed him from the fight as genji and can simply deflect out.

As Valeera, you'll set up your stealth all ins when the teamfight is engaged. Scouting shot has a cd and is easily negated by a simple Q>stealth>Garrote opener. You take thistle tea and you're at full energy for your full opener on him despite using sinister strike to close distance.

If he stuns you with ult to peel himself, your team didn't get ulted, in which case they just need to peel you until you get off smoke bomb and get another stealth opener on Hanzo.

Hanzo has counters. The problem is nobody wants to deviate from their double warrior mage backline heroes and bring in a countercomp.

I find Fenix far more oppressive as a hero than Hanzo.
05/02/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Crescent

If Hanzo jumps, you've removed him from the fight as genji and can simply deflect out.

Ok, I want to address this and only this, but before I do I want to make it clear that I am not arguing that Hanzo is oppressive or doesn't have counters.

Having said that, the quoted statement is categorically wrong. Just because he has used his jump to escape from you does not mean that you have removed him from the fight.

Unless you've chunked him down and he's too afraid to rengage the fight, you haven't removed him from the fight, you've only forced him to use a cool down.
One additional thing I don't understand with Sonic Arrow is that it completely dwarfs other heroes' vision abilities. The two exceptions are Medivh's Raven Form, which requires him to actively disable himself, and Tassadar, whom requires his Oracle quest to be completed to even come close. That's one of Tassadar's main selling points, too.

Sonic Arrow is huge range to cast, huge area coverage that lingers for a LONG time, and can deal damage if it hits someone. It has so much uptime that already-weak stealth is made weaker, and it makes his entire team's movements that much safer.

Why is it so overwhelmingly strong?
05/02/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Eninya
One additional thing I don't understand with Sonic Arrow is that it completely dwarfs other heroes' vision abilities. The two exceptions are Medivh's Raven Form, which requires him to actively disable himself, and Tassadar, whom requires his Oracle quest to be completed to even come close. That's one of Tassadar's main selling points, too.

Sonic Arrow is huge range to cast, huge area coverage that lingers for a LONG time, and can deal damage if it hits someone. It has so much uptime that already-weak stealth is made weaker, and it makes his entire team's movements that much safer.

Why is it so overwhelmingly strong?

Since characters are designed several months in advance, I think Hanzo's kit was designed before the stealth update, and he was supposed to quell player's complaints of stealth at the time.
04/30/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Eninya
No. lol

Compared to every other ADC he's insanely OP in his kit. Imagine if Raynor's Scouting Drone *TALENT* was even remotely close to how ridiculous Sonic Arrow is at baseline.

Hanzo is power creep personified.

Need more even be said?
dev team tweaked garrosh q cause its "unfun" well here we are tracer genji maive chromie there all completely unfun to play against absolutely disgusting annoying removes all fun from the game = to that of a toxic 12/yo

nerf nerf nerf doesn't change the fact that the design of the hero is TOXIC

chromie sitting in base deleting a back line we all know its great

hanzo basically a chromie with a better escape both toxic with little to 0 counters good mechanics

retreating for a entire team to get deleted by a genji

retreating or starting into a maiev R

everyone of these heros need the action taken like on garrosh removal of how spell works completely redesigned

why take so long to say garrosh is toxic to play against when there is a list of even more toxic casters/AA revert garrosh q and stop pretending like this game isn't designed and revolving around FOTM

:edit: don't forget about stukov silence another toxic one that should be removed from the game