Why even sustain this game? Pretty hopeless imo.

General Discussion
Idk, this game seems pretty ded to me. Few devs working on it anyway. From casual standpoint they still want this game to succeed but when you look at HL or overall balancing, it's just too late to save this game.
Extra points for HGC by the way. Glad that this still exists, somehow. But pros also complain and nothing is done.
Blizz either starts putting more resources into this game or we could just accept that HotS fate is dust.
I've seen plenty of dead games in my time, and I can assure you that this game is not one of them.

The real questions here are, why do you want this game to be dead? And what are you doing on this game's forums if you think the game is dead?
Basically if your game isn't the new PUBG it is dead these days - that is the mentality of a lot of players.
there is a big difference with an unpopular game to a dead game.
Pretty much all of the most recent heroes just have more utility/damage/mobility than anything before them. It's caused me to hate playing QM since I am likely to see one or more of them every game. Yes. Quickmatch. The mode that nearly half of the HOTS playerbase used to exclusively queue prior to HOTS 2.0, according to Blizzard at the time.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20762267993#post-1

This post pretty much sums up why people think this game is a joke now and sadly. I am starting to agree with them.
That is pretty sad. Especially since complaint threads about older heroes (Sgt. Hammer, Chromie, Diablo, Illidan) seem to be popping up with regularity, while complaint threads about new heroes seem to be about average for new heroes, a tradition that's old as Lunara.

@OP: Just how few devs are working on it? What's the team size for this game? Who's got what job assignments? How many resources is Blizzard putting into this game? How does that compare to the resources the game is bringing in?
Real question, if all you post is how dead and bad this game is, why do you even come here, you obviously don't enjoy the game, why don't you just leave and go somewhere else and have fun?
Simple: for current and future players.

But what kind of message would Bliz be sending to its fans and costumers if they just gave up and shut down games that are not SUPER popular? This might be news to you but not every game can be massive hits and just because you do not enjoy it or view it as popular does not mean it should cease to exist.
05/04/2018 03:55 PMPosted by l33tk1ng
Idk, this game seems pretty ded to me. Few devs working on it anyway. From casual standpoint they still want this game to succeed but when you look at HL or overall balancing, it's just too late to save this game.
Extra points for HGC by the way. Glad that this still exists, somehow. But pros also complain and nothing is done.
Blizz either starts putting more resources into this game or we could just accept that HotS fate is dust.

Same OP who, just 4 days ago, said he was taking a break from the game. Clearly they couldn't go through with it.

People say the game is dying on the forum to make themselves feel better about losing.
These threads should be an instant ban, the game isn't dead, it's not dying, stop it.

Seriously, just stop, these threads are crap.
Unless Blizzard closes its doors or up and shuts down the HotS servers, HotS is not dead. Also I have played games where, ten years later, I go and look a think to myself "How the hell are you still around?" and most of them still have a reasonable number of players to keep them alive.

The one thing that I notice about games that do go belly up is that they often meet certain thresholds before disappearing: developers are way too ambitious, developers do not know what they are doing, players disappear as quickly as they appear, lack of funds, and a few others that I cannot remember off the top of my head, though Blizzard does not meet any of those.

At the worst Heroes of the Storm may wind up in a similar situation as Diablo 3 where updates slow down and the game more or less sits in purgatory.
05/04/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Monlyth
I've seen plenty of dead games in my time, and I can assure you that this game is not one of them.

[/quote]

They said the same thing about Paragon.
It is definitely dying though.. you cant tell me that with the current state of the game the way it is its bringing in new players,keeping them and current ones around.
05/04/2018 09:17 PMPosted by DaveVoyles
05/04/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Monlyth

They said the same thing about Paragon.

Different studio and they also wanted to focus more on their cash cow (Fortnite).
the ones most prone to calling it 'ded' are the ones that are the least observant: they aren't aware in game, and chances are solid they aren't out of the game. Most of the concern expressed is by 'feeling' it out and little by way of worthwhile information.

There's not much to offset the craze either as people don't need to go out of their way and be all "man, i had the fastest queues ran into a bajillion unique heroes, etc etc etc" every single time and day someone comes on here to demonstrate how little they pay attention and how much they want to just follow someone elses magic trend.

Part of the current appeal of the game is its constant content updates, so even if things slump one week, people may pop back in another week just to see what changes.

Similarly, some people only pop on once every 3 or so days to clear a few dailies: the game doesn't take a massive slew of mandatory investment or commitment to play it every so often, so its not going to pronounce massive populance numbers at all times.

Its pretty much the same as what I see at work: at one of my part times, we can have a massive surge for customers pile in one hour, then just after that rush clears out, some shmuck comes in, sees the place isn't packed and assumes he's god's gift to the business in keeping the place alive and that he needs to be magically worshiped for gracing us with his presence and demand special treatment during the momentary slump. and then he'll be out before the next rush point hits, and carry on his magic little way assuming he's making the world a better place by frolicking around like that to whatever place he flutters off to next.
05/04/2018 09:49 PMPosted by CornChip
It is definitely dying though.. you cant tell me that with the current state of the game the way it is its bringing in new players,keeping them and current ones around.

I absolutely can. They may not be playing your preferred game mode at your preferred times at your preferred rank, but new people are playing the game and old ones are staying.
05/04/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Werbs713
Real question, if all you post is how dead and bad this game is, why do you even come here, you obviously don't enjoy the game, why don't you just leave and go somewhere else and have fun?

Because in hearth, we love this game, so we complain and want this game to succeed.