Is Diablo rework gonna delay next hero release?

General Discussion
Can I ask for clarification on this?
Is diablo re work going to delay raynor re work?
Probably, based on how the Medivh and Sonya reworks went. I'm still hoping against hope for a surprise Hero announcement, but that seems pretty unlikely at this point.
05/10/2018 11:19 AMPosted by MurlocAggroB
Probably, based on how the Medivh and Sonya reworks went. I'm still hoping against hope for a surprise Hero announcement, but that seems pretty unlikely at this point.

I hope it’s not gonna happen again. Never ever.
They've already said hero releases will be less frequent allowing reworks to get more attention, so yes, it will 'dleay' the next hero frmo what people were used to. And in case you can't read between the lines: HotS is getting fewer resources from Blizzard due to decreasing player base, therefore an obvious place to make cost-saving cuts is the pace of hero releases.
05/10/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Zafu

Your ask for clarification has been noted please note all representatives are busy at this time. Please stay on the line

but we are getting cool mexican wrestler skins:D
05/10/2018 12:22 PMPosted by iway

but we are getting cool mexican wrestler skins:D

This. This is the question that really matters.
I believe I read somewhere that the hero design team and the live balance team are two separate gorups of people, so reworks are done by a different team and shouldn't have much impact on hero releases (still might have a little effect though, since the testing team has to do both new hero and rework testing, and stuff like that).

However, I can't remember where I read that, or if it was an official statement or a player stating this as fact despite not really knowing, so take it with a grain of salt.

05/10/2018 11:56 AMPosted by uGeeGee
They've already said hero releases will be less frequent allowing reworks to get more attention, so yes, it will 'dleay' the next hero frmo what people were used to. And in case you can't read between the lines: HotS is getting fewer resources from Blizzard due to decreasing player base, therefore an obvious place to make cost-saving cuts is the pace of hero releases.
I interpreted it to mean "so that reworks get more spotlight and don't go unnoticed [by many players]", not "so that we hav dev time to do more reworks".

So by "reading between the lines" it could also be interpreted as HotS getting more resources ('cause now they have enough devs to actually have two teams: one for design and one for reworks/balance, instead of the same people doing both things, like they might or might not have done before).

Either way, it's all just speculation (including the "decreasing playerbase" part), 'cause we really don't have any way to know.
However, I can't remember where I read that, or if it was an official statement or a player stating this as fact despite not really knowing, so take it with a grain of salt.
You forgot to also mention "common sense" or "logic".
Diablo needed a rework to be ready for the release of one of his brothers after all these years!
05/10/2018 01:59 PMPosted by ForeverSalty
Diablo needed a rework to be ready for the release of one of his brothers after all these years!

Ye and because of said rework You have to wait for his brothers longer (there are other reworks coming so God knows how long it’s gonna take).
I personally hate this change as new heroes releases is the thing it keeps me here. I do not find old hero rework and new hero release equal. I love this game and have been supporting it since alpha but now I do not find the reason to do so. Not with my money.
Man let them slow down on the releases....rework the old school characters like Raynor and Illidan first.

Instead of worrying about adding more characters that'll put these veterans out of commission.
I think it's good they reduce hero output and focus on balancing. In HGC some heroes are just never used that shouldnt be.
Personally, I’m fine with less frequent hero releases. It gives me a chance to catch up on the current hero roster. I’m like 6 away from owning everyone through gold purchases alone.

05/10/2018 11:14 AMPosted by DvaIsMyWaifu
Is diablo re work going to delay raynor re work?

Yes and Yes.

05/10/2018 11:56 AMPosted by uGeeGee

And why downvote. "" Blizz already said hero releases will be less frequent allowing reworks to get more attention. ""
Have you seen Diablo's new stomp<3? I was a diablo semi-main before, but Imma go right back to him, he looks super fun, even with just one ability changed, (and some talent changes and tweaks but damn that stomp)...

I also get the feeling, if it were to EVER happen, Raynor and Chen's rework, will most likely be happening during this time, when the teams are going back and reworking older heroes, we got Tyrael, we got Medivh and Sonya, and we got...... two others I forgot._. sorry, mid-thought I had a brainfartXD... I also enjoy the skin events as we're getting alot of new, and rather interesting skins as things go on, perhaps we'll get the fabled Lost Viking Skin that people have been clamoring for... if Blizz can find them of course(yes I know bad joke)

(on a side note; I also like how the gem only skins are mostly trashy, and the event skins actually come out looking way better in almost all instances, though I guess that's personal opinion showing its mug around here again:D)
05/10/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Zafu
05/10/2018 01:59 PMPosted by ForeverSalty

Ye and because of said rework You have to wait for his brothers longer (there are other reworks coming so God knows how long it’s gonna take).
I personally hate this change as new heroes releases is the thing it keeps me here. I do not find old hero rework and new hero release equal. I love this game and have been supporting it since alpha but now I do not find the reason to do so. Not with my money.

Let's not forget that almost all of the most recent heroes have had a negative effect on HotS overall:

Fenix
Maiev
Hanzo
Blaze

4 of the last 5 heroes were un-fun to play against and heavily over-tuned. Maybe a few reworks sprinkled in with heroes we know are not hyper mobile poke mega-gods is fine from time to time.
05/11/2018 02:05 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
05/10/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Zafu

Let's not forget that almost all of the most recent heroes have had a negative effect on HotS overall:

Fenix
Maiev
Hanzo
Blaze

4 of the last 5 heroes were un-fun to play against and heavily over-tuned. Maybe a few reworks sprinkled in with heroes we know are not hyper mobile poke mega-gods is fine from time to time.

The hell was wrong with Blaze? Like, I can see Hanzo, Maiev, and Fenix being overtuned (because they were), but Blaze was mostly fine on release.
05/11/2018 02:05 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
4 of the last 5 heroes were un-fun to play against and heavily over-tuned.
Did you forget that Hanzo was considered weak at release and they needed to buff him? Also Blaze is fine.