Went 20-x-0 with Tracer on Garden of Terror

General Discussion
05/23/2018 12:56 AMPosted by engine
I pretty much single-handedly won us the match and no one voted afterwards. I was like, wow...sour grapes? Why the heck would they not vote for me? I can understand the other team being miffed, but my team?

I'm baffled.

funny the other day i had tracer on this map, was 10 and 2,had highest hero damage on my team, and didn't even make it to the MVP board.
Pretty much what the others above said:

1- Tracer is one of the most loathed heroes of the roster. She's the postergirl of mobility creep;

2- If a team gets stomped, it's not as if one or another player made the stomp. More likely, the whole comp was superior in regards to enemy/map randomfest which is QM, not considering skill and trolling factors;

Tracer revels in snowball games, where the enemy is forced to split to soak even harder than before, to try grab some XP... then 2-3 forts are down, wave pushed towards the winning team... peeps are forced to soak away from a fort with level difference... Auto-attackers, Tracer's supposed counter, are pretty low in today's meta, so she can mostly duel and chase to death anyone in these conditions with ease... with no chance for counter play or involving any real skill.
05/23/2018 03:17 AMPosted by azxcvbnm321
Look, if you had no counters as Tracer, it's what you are SUPPOSED to do at a bare minimum. Now if you wavecleared, got top siege, got merc camps solo while doing your job, then you deserve the vote because of an extraordinary game.

But a DPS like Tracer with little waveclear, no siege damage, no mercing ability, no CC or setup ability, doing the only thing Tracer is good for does not merit an automatic vote. You did what you were expected to do at a minimum. Congrats.

i did all that too. i farmed maybe 12 mercs that game, and killed enemy mercs coming down our lanes, and their garden terror when it was up. tracer is really goodat farming mercs. as long as the mercs have targeted attks she can dodge.
upset over no votes... its only cosmetic not even a real thing
I pretty much single-handedly won us the match and no one voted afterwards. I was like, wow...sour grapes? Why the heck would they not vote for me? I can understand the other team being miffed, but my team?

I'm baffled.

1. People don't vote when someone plays a char they don,t like. Reguardless of how good you are.

2. people don't vote if they had a bot on their team the entire game.

3. If you alone had 20 kills. I think it's safe to say you would have won no matter which char you picked. Because your opponents were either really bad, or the Qm comp was horrible on their end.
Just cuz u got MVP or u got in the board for most kills/most siege/silencer etc doesn't mean people NEED to vote for you. Besides votes here do nothing and give nothing except feeling happy about urself or feeling accomplished, is all.
Sounds like a steamroll. Maybe your team didn't think you were actually good, just that the other team was really bad.

I don't tend to vote for anyone when the game is so one sided. It just doesn't seem fair.
05/23/2018 01:03 AMPosted by engine
Actually this was a rare, almost unique occurrence. I play in QM, and people always vote for someone.

Tracer going 20-0 in QM is not a unique occurrence.
05/23/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Lightning
05/23/2018 01:03 AMPosted by engine
Actually this was a rare, almost unique occurrence. I play in QM, and people always vote for someone.

Tracer going 20-0 in QM is not a unique occurrence.

you misunderstand, i said no votes is a very rare almost unique occurrence in QM. i didnt say 20 kills was...and i am an authority on it, because i have played QM exclusively for many hours a day, for a year straight
Like the other said. Alot of us do not care about voting and Blizzard put the nails in the coffin by removing self take away peoples options, people get rebellious. Alot of us don't believe in ego stroking and we simply leave. Still think its funny that people are offended that there are players that refuse to vote the enemy team for that matter.

Like the other guy said. Its nothing personal, we just find voting pointless and some of us don't appreciate Blizzard forcibly limiting our options of choice. Soon they will remove the ability to Exit at the end of the match unless you vote

I'm baffled.

Why do you need them to vote? Did you bet money on this?
The QM Tracer. One of HOTS unsung heroes.