Over priced cosmetics

General Discussion
Bli$$ard has it ingrained in their coin-operated brains that they can do whatever they want and customers will buy it.

Unfortunately, that's true in some cases.
A f2p game where you can get almost everything for free with barely any effort- and of course one of the few things that you need to pay for gets whining.

Really, it's cosmetic stuff in a f2p, it's literally the best possible pay model you can get away with for a game other than everything being straight up free. I know people here like to think that anyone trying to make any money off any of the work they do equals all the greed in the world- but really? These complaints are just sad.
I wouldn't mind that overpriced content, if Blizzard would also pay attention to this game's quality and they would fix any issues this game has, but they don't do that. That disconnecting and reconnecting issue is there since the day I started to play this game, which was more than a year ago.
05/25/2018 12:39 AMPosted by doctordeath
A f2p game where you can get almost everything for free with barely any effort- and of course one of the few things that you need to pay for gets whining.

Really, it's cosmetic stuff in a f2p, it's literally the best possible pay model you can get away with for a game other than everything being straight up free. I know people here like to think that anyone trying to make any money off any of the work they do equals all the greed in the world- but really? These complaints are just sad.

Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that.
we just want a fair price so we can keep supporting the game, with the right price, we get good cosmetics, that look fun, especially in new maps, or new heroes, but as I say, the right price.
05/25/2018 12:39 AMPosted by doctordeath

As more content gets released at the current prices (Gold/Gems/Shards) newer players will be farther and farther away from being able to amass a decent collection.

Gold - Too many heroes are sitting at the 10k mark. A new player starting today would need a small fortune to unlock 70-80% of the heroes and it would be suicide to reroll chests often if that was your goal. Although slowing down new hero releases will make this not as uphill as it used to be.

Shards - Without a way to manually shard items you are pushed into luck of the draw on getting duplicates. Also even if I open a duplicate legendary I am not excited and say "Ooh what all am I gonna make with this!?!" One animated carbot spray is what I get for the small chance of getting a legendary on top of the small chance its a duplicate. Also they started off with 1600 being the top end and now we see 2400 shard skins... Thats a crap ton man.

Gems - The bundles have been getting bigger and bigger with cost going up and up and up. Back in the day the bundle was new hero plus paid skins. No more no less, just what you wanted at a cost that wasn't nearly the price of a new game. Also there is no consistency on the featured skins - right now on the featured skins there is gem/shard prices of 100:100 330:400 400:1600 and 500:1600. Can we just get one standard on those?

Lastly and the most depressing for me personally, the gem bundles.

5$ = .01$ per gem 10$= .0096$ per gem 16$ = .0096$ per gem 20$ = .0095$ per gem 35$ =.0093 per gem 50$=.009 per gem and 100$=.0086 per gem

Thanks blizzard for giving me not even 2 tenths of a cent off per gem if I drop 100$ on your F2P game. Right now your digital in game currency is doing better than the currency of many countries compared to the dollar....

I just don't understand how they are going down this path when for years I have been seeing people say they would spend money more often if things were cheaper and it felt like you were getting your money worth. Right now it just seems like they are turning those who will pay upside down and shaking out every last coin and turning a shoulder to those who would spend a dollar or two every so often if it got them anything.
All game companies have become greedier in recent years
I would buy skins if they were cheap. It would be a better deal to buy stim packs and level.
05/25/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Wizbot76
I would buy skins if they were cheap. It would be a better deal to buy stim packs and level.

I would probably spend a few bucks a week or so on skins if it was an option rather than spending 20-30 bucks once a drunken blue moon. Also I think stimpacks would sell like hot cakes if there was a 1-3 day option. Right now either you are taking a chance that on friday if you buy a 1 week stim pack you will use well or saying screw it and double down for 1 month. Chances are that a weekend binge player would spend more per month on short term stims than current one month price, simply because they will feel like they are in control of the stim rather than it constantly ticking away when not playing.

Also does anyone else think that brawl reward should be a 1 day stim as opposed to a single chest? When they first introduced brawls the reward was 1k gold per week which felt nice because Quests were the predominate way of gaining gold. Now that every 5 levels on a hero is 500 gold and a loot chest every level, I feel like for progression's sake you gain more from leveling specific heroes than to do the brawls
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Corporate greed is a special kind of greed.

It's not Corporate greed, it's just crappy micro-transaction strategy from Blizzard. Buying loot boxes is exactly like dropping money into a slot machine hoping to win the jackpot or in this case the skin that you want. whoever the hell came up with this loot boxes ought to be fired because almost EVERY GAME has fking loot boxes.
Battlerite, Star Wars battlefront, League of Legends, Fortnite, PUBG..

This is wrong, because all of us have played games that had decent drop rates in loot boxes. It used to be that you could open 10 HotS loot boxes and pick up 2-4 skins you actually liked, or maybe a cool mount or something. Now the good drops are so rare and the terrible filler drops are so numerous that dozens of loot boxes into Nexxomania has seen ONE Nexxomania skin drop for me. An epic Kharazim skin. I don't even like or play him. I hate his boxer skin. I want literally any other Nexxomania skin 100x more than I wanted a Kharazim skin but I have not seen a single Diablo, Garrosh, Sonya, or Lunara drop.

But I DID get two of the same legendary junkrat skin in a row! Yeah! My "legendary" Nexxomania drops were irrelevent to Nexxomania and duplicates that ended up converting to 400 shards, which is 1/4th or 1/6th what an actual legendary skin costs. That's right. You need to shard 4-6 legendary duplicates to buy one single legendary skin with shards. How's THAT for exploitative design?

But again, the frustrating part is most of us who have been playing for a while remember a time when you were more or less guaranteed some decent skins if you opened a few boxes. Now they've ruined the drop rates and overfilled them with padding so new event skins are <1% drops.

Probably because these crooks are trying to force us into buying the $30-$35 bundles everybody hates.
"Oh, you want ONE Diablo skin and ONE Lunara skin? TOO BAD. They're broken into two overpriced bundles with a lot of other garbage you don't want, so shell out $70 if you want those TWO skins!"

Whoever devised this needs to be fired. After being made to explain to the community what they were thinking.
Don't bother: I pointed this out a year ago when I actually tried to grind up 2400 shards, as you can see: legions of morons come out of the woodwork to say "it's just good business" like the bad guy from Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3: as if that were a justification for an utterly unfair and exploitative system.
Nah, it is kind of crazy how long it takes to build up shards.
Too bad there isn't a way to convert gold into shards.
Closest thing is rerolling chests but you only get 3 chances and price keeps going up.
05/25/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Fawxkitteh
Nah, it is kind of crazy how long it takes to build up shards.
Too bad there isn't a way to convert gold into shards.
Closest thing is rerolling chests but you only get 3 chances and price keeps going up.

Yeah: even IF we say that "oh just spend money" is an alternative: you CAN'T buy most of the stuff directly: you have to convert money into gems, gems into boxes, and THEN have a percent chance of getting any shards at all. The simple fact is: there is no way to actually get a flow of these things outside of exhausting the loot pool... and you'll never do that: because Blizzard can always make more of it, and most of it is functionally useless like icons, emotes, sprays and such: which cost NOTHING to make. Seriously: a spray is basically just a PNG file, I can throw that together for free in an afternoon.