"We really wanted to bring a draenei in."

General Discussion
devs words when asked why yrel.
Followed by "unique silhouette"

At least they are honest that this is a booty release, they didn't pretend that she would deserve it otherwise. Gem skin is Yrel in a Lolita costume...

Quite sad, and the prime example how quotas in games suck. And probably everywhere else.
Developers are millenials they don't know anything about Warcrat Lore because otherwise they should have brought Akama, Maraad, Velen, Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden but no we have this pathetic fake paladin Yrel
They could’ve brought in Rafaam (the engineer, I believe that’s his name) Kil’Jaeden, Archimonde, Tal’daram,

And most of all, Velen.

I think she’s fine but there are much cooler Draenei with many more years of lore presence and much more notoriety.
06/04/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Cenobite
millenials

What the hell does this word even mean?
Supposedly, Yrel is supposed to have a role in BfA, though I don't know how involved she will actually be in the story.
Guarantee you that 95% of the people complaining about her are going to First-Day buy.
06/04/2018 11:34 AMPosted by LittleFella
millenials

there you go ignorant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
06/04/2018 11:34 AMPosted by LittleFella
millenials

Nothing. It's just the latest label for "set of people whose opinions/aesthetics/ideas I find inferior to my own."

I mean, if we're going to complain about a nobody with little lore being added to the Nexus, pretty much all Draenei fit that bill. Compared to a lot of older heroes (say, Doomhammer, or Deathwing, or Cairne), Velen might as well be Qui-gon Jinn. Cool character, but not really top tier lore-wise, y'know?

06/04/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Cenobite
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

From the article you quoted:

There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

This means that Millennials are anywhere between 18 and 38 years old. Not really the age range I would use to imply a group of people unfamiliar with Warcraft lore, since the biggest titles in the franchise (WC3/WoW/BC) came out when most Millennials were at least in junior high/ high school (and therefore highly likely to have played these games).
I absolutely dispise any WOW AU character. That expansion is a bomb on most wow fans. Any char from it will only reopen the old scar. The Yrel character doesn't make sense from very start. Your legendary garrison commander fought countless wars and climbed to their place rightfully. A naive girl who is related to prophet went from one lowly acolyte right become the faction leader and exarch. Her stimpack level storyline didn't even impress me a single bit.
Developers are millenials they don't know anything about Warcrat Lore because otherwise they should have brought Akama, Maraad, Velen, Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden but no we have this pathetic fake paladin Yrel

Agree 100%
Velen is the complete opposite of a "Cool" Draenei hero. The only thing he's done since BC is be literally wrong about everything and then go "Maybe the Light ain't pure good after all. Dang..."

You 30 year old Horde Boomers need to get over your edgy Eredar phase and accept Yrel as your lord and saviour.

Light embrace you.
06/04/2018 11:38 AMPosted by LouELastic
Supposedly, Yrel is supposed to have a role in BfA, though I don't know how involved she will actually be in the story.
she turned into a space !@#$ to represent the bad side of the light (i would say dark side, but... the light... you know) and she's doing forced conversions on the orcs of draenor (which is why i don't really like her as a character anymore)

06/04/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Signum
Velen is the complete opposite of a "Cool" Draenei hero. The only thing he's done since BC is be literally wrong about everything and then go "Maybe the Light ain't pure good after all. Dang..."

You 30 year old Horde Boomers need to get over your edgy Eredar phase and accept Yrel as your lord and saviour.

Light embrace you.
see? she's already got to this guy.
Shoulda been my boy, T'paartos.
06/04/2018 12:22 PMPosted by HiBoredImDad
Shoulda been my boy, T'paartos.

T'PAARTOS! :D
Lore junkies would be disatisfied, but we all know T'paartos is the real hero of the storm.
Would've much rather be getting Maraad, but I wouldn't want this kit for him anyway.
06/04/2018 11:38 AMPosted by LouELastic

Yrel is part of the Mag'har orc allied race quest. Basically she want to kill anyone who refuses to convert to the light so shes basically Space Goat Hitler
06/04/2018 10:11 AMPosted by TheWalrus
devs words when asked why yrel.

I fail to see the problem. We got Yrel...
06/04/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Signum

Light embrace you.

Light embrace you?

How ironic coming from a character that murders all those who don't accept the light and throws orcs into concentration camps. Such a paladin way of living :)