So no one is mad that Zeratul sucks now?

General Discussion
05/31/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Ayeziza
Same can be applied to Genji as well but after he vaults and ss's away. He's also got the added bonus of having dmg to delete squishies while having multiple escape options with his own blink and VP.

Zeratul chasing Genji is a lot different to Genji chasing Zeratul.
Zeratul basically dies if caught out of position to a Genji without walls etc. to dart around. Genji survives thanks to protected btw. Not really hard to tell when a Zeratul is going to use burst, and since every part of the burst is key to killing Genji, mitigating just one of the abilities tips the favour deeply into Genji's favour who can continue to kite around Zeratul once all the rest of the mobility has been taken away. Versing Tracer is a skillbased matchup also. And when you dip out of the teamfight, you end up in these 1v1 scenarios a lot. Zeratul is a punisher but it's a lot easier for Tracer and Genji to punish him in a much worse way.

I've watched a lot of Zeratul streamers fail because they pick into Genji and Valeera counters to Zeratul. I have almost 600 Zeratul games and choose not to pick him in Masters even if the slightest counter is chosen.

BUT Zeratul is one of those heroes who's meta changes cross continental.
He's much easier to play on the NA ladder than on the EU ladder.
Why these threads keep coming up, someone will complain about some hero.
Guess what, there are 60+ heroes, does blizzard want to see 60+ recurring forums? They should delete these forums.
His issues have been talked in depth in an older post... don't feel like going over it again.
06/01/2018 08:14 AMPosted by SatanSweeps
Zeratul is just high skill cap. He's been this way forever. It's not a bad place to be since he can be powerful in skilled hands. The recent changes made him a bit easier\more accessible too.

Now compare him to Valeera or Nova. Two heroes who basically should never be played outside of QM. And who probably got weaker after stealth changes.

Honestly I think Zera continues to be fine all this time because he doesn't even need stealth. You could remove it from his kit entirely and he would only be minimally impacted. The limited ways in which Nova or Samuro can succeed backs that up when you compare them to Valeera who has a integral, heavy reliance on stealth and is the worst by far of the bunch.

Have to agree with this post, zera doesn't even really need the stealth. But the stealth change is still asinine, and samuro got effected way worse than zera on all fronts. They like to take away the fun things
The new Zeratul sucks a lot more in comparison to the old one. I miss my double blink for extra chase or extra escape. Now you can only blink from your last location or gain a second charge of vorpal blade to only chase. He’s not as flexible as he used to be making him much more boring and predictable.
09/26/2018 06:54 PMPosted by SpiritSoul
The new Zeratul sucks a lot more in comparison to the old one. I miss my double blink for extra chase or extra escape. Now you can only blink from your last location or gain a second charge of vorpal blade to only chase. He’s not as flexible as he used to be making him much more boring and predictable.

He can still double blink.

Take the ult: "might of nerazim".
Gonna be honest, I wasn't the biggest Zeratul player, but I'd honestly prefer Shadow Assault over 'Use a basic ability again but worse'. How fortunate that creating it didn't require any kind of art or visual assets to be created at all.

It's just a single-ability rewind that's less good for damage. I actually liked Shadow Assault, it was really good for sticking to people, but do they retain ANY part of it in his rework? Nah. Into the trash, because people only ever took heckin' Void Prison because they wanna get those epic plays.
09/27/2018 03:25 AMPosted by DeltaPangaea
It's just a single-ability rewind that's less good for damage.
Except at level 20... Where it not only casts the ability again but less good, but also resets the cooldown on all abilities allowing them all to be recast again, with a 20 second cooldown itself. This means he can spike twice, cleave 3 times, teleport twice all in the space of 2-3 seconds. Infinitly better than Void Prision unless your team can reliably make a play from it.

Let us not forget its passive effect either. 30% extra auto attack damage after every cast. That is kind of like a free OitC thrown in.

Only reason it is not completely over powered is because Shadow Mending at 20 is so good. You have to make the choice between being able to double cast all abilities, effectively doubling his damage, or having permanent 75% spell damage life steal.
09/26/2018 06:54 PMPosted by SpiritSoul

How to play new Zeratul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLCkEi416Mc
This forum really needs to archive 3+ month old threads to prevent necroing posts that were originally created 6 months+ ago.
I'm not really good with Zeratul, so my games with him aren't great, but I've seen some Zeratuls, that are truly to be feared. So I don't really think he's weak.
And I've found that basic attack build Zeratuls are a lot stronger than Cleave build ones. Although both have their merits.
Lol at the people saying he is easier to play than he used to be. You have to weave your spells with AA attacks for max damage due to his trait, on top of that you also have a LONG combo that is easy to mess up with the nerazim ult and you have to do it all fast enough to use wormhole as an escape and his cloaking is less useful than it used to be, he IS NOT EASIER! He is fun as hell once you master him though, LVL 60 Zeratul.