Silver solo ranked = pr(o)ison

General Discussion
The excuses...
1) I made bronze climb challenge as Auriel when she had 2nd worst win rate in the entire hero pool. I dealt more damage than the assassins, usually topped siege and xp and 2-5x overhealed the enemy support without battery. I was busy to play not to look for excuses or blame bad teammates.

2) I have never played a single silver game with level disadvantage. I soaked 2 lanes, started camps and destroyed forts on empty lanes because the empty lane is a big funny thing at silver. Nay! I didn't even lose any silver game as non-support hero (and maybe 2 total between s5-g5 as Auriel). Ok, I one tricked Jaina. It's pretty easy to do this as her since she has one button wave clear and she is able to solo bruiser camps at level 7. Once my team jumped into an unnecessary 4v5 and they all died. Then I went there and 1v5 the enemy team because silver is like playing vs adept AI and the RoF caught all of them.

I'm pretty sure you all think that you are better than you actually are.
06/06/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Amei

I'm pretty sure you all think that you are better than you actually are.

Not you, though. You are better than you even know.
06/06/2018 02:34 AMPosted by Amei
06/05/2018 08:38 AMPosted by XerxesTM
This is a stupid argument. of course a Diamond or GM can climb.
To be diamond you have to know very basic things.

- Don't feed
- Don't leave any lane unsoaked
- Start camps before objectives
- Participate in teamfights/objectives
- Hit skillshots
- End the game when you can (don't do camp when 3/5 enemy is dead at level 20)

I've got those down for the most part except for hitting skillshots. The biggest difference between good and bad isn't the macro stuff. It's the reflexes and skillshots. The twitch. I see all the great combos about 2 seconds after it's too late.

Edit: thought some more. Sometimes I do feed, and I don't always clear camps before objectives. On the feeding, my intentions are good. Sometimes I try to initiate as a tank and blow the timing or execution. That's feeding, I guess. Sometimes, I think my team is going to engage with me, but they don't think so. As an assassin, there's a line on how aggressive to be. I can not feed by being completely ineffective. So, the "don't feed" criteria is more complicated than just not dying.
06/06/2018 04:11 AMPosted by HElSENBERG

Butcher: excels on 3 lane maps with objectives that encourage enemies to split (also good on tomb of the spider queen where minion waves are close to each other for convenient meat collection). Rotate around the lanes and gank anyone who overextends alone in lane. In the early game when you are weak you will need a buddy to help you. Try to sneak up to the enemy on mount through a side bush whenever possible so you still have your E to pursue them to secure the kill.

Dude, please don't talk even more of my silver and bronze brothers into playing butcher!
To be diamond you have to know very basic things.

- Don't feed
- Hit skillshots

If you can do this: BAM! You are diamond. Btw diamond is same mess as silver, gold or platinum. I don't say that any player who stuck at silver would deserve diamond but maybe mid/high gold and there are lot of players at high plat who could perform very well at low master. Diamond rank has its own silver potatoes. Imagine if a bronzie can ruin a silver game, what does a silver do at diamond?

There is no other excuse to stuck at silver than being a silver.

You simply don't understand. let me simplify...silver players are being stuck in bronze. gold players stuck in silver... plat stuck in gold... why? When you go on a win streak. you get less points for every win and lose more points for every loss. So wining 50% of your games is a net loss in points ... winning 54% still a net loss.. you have to win close to 60% to level.. but if this happens then you win less points and lose more for each loss. In addition, it seems to me that they match winners with losers... to a point where is it basically unplayable. Until they implement PBMM there is NO reason to play Hero league.
06/07/2018 01:09 PMPosted by XerxesTM
You simply don't understand.
No, you don't understand. There is no difference between platinum and diamond players and there is very slight difference between high gold and platinum. From bronze to mid gold everyone is BAD and I mean really really bad. If you can do the aforementioned things you wont stuck at silver, gold or platinum simply because most of the platinums also lack these skills. No, you keep posting bs instead of learning the very basics.
06/05/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Discane
Just watched streamer who rank up Silver 3-Diamond 5 in 5 days.
And Gold to Master in 5 days before that.

You just need to be good at assassins and kill that solo roam opponents.

Silver HL is simply not playable until PBMM and rank decay is implemented for the average player.

Too bad rank decay does not affect anything platinum and below.......
Every league bleeds into the leagues above and below it. That being said, you probably belong in Silver despite how that may hit your pride. And there are probably some Silver players you run into that belong in Bronze, and some that belong in Gold.

Most likely the problem you are having is that you see all the errors your team mates are making, and attribute losing to that. If all other things are equal in a game and you have a major potato that the enemy doesn't -- you will often lose. But assuming you are playing at least 50-60 games a season (minimum), this is barely a drop in the bucket.

I would put money on that you play 1-2 ranked games, don't win, and then stop playing. There is no way in the world playing with random allies/enemies that you will ever stat out appropriately with such a small sample size. Play more games, and play heroes that can heavily influence the outcome of all of your games (do not fill!).

This season I've switched to high-damage tanks and I'm currently at ~70% win rate climbing from Gold 3 to Plat 1 so far. I just play every game to win and try to encourage my team mates to do the same. I've won quite a few games along the way even with AI team mates due to a disconnect.

Post a few replays if you want some positive criticism on how to get better. Because with additional data, we assume you are exactly where you belong: Silver League.
06/05/2018 12:27 PMPosted by sancho
Silver and bronze should have hot keys for the texts that are typed most frequently:

Where da heals?
Where da peels?
Where damage?
Don't focus _______________
Focus _________________
Sorry, had to use the bathroom
Sorry, lag
You are the worst ______________ I've ever seen
id like a hot key for "quit leaving the lane empty and missing soak"
I have gone from Bronze to Gold and should push into Platinum next season and here is my advice:

1) Learn the Battlegrounds, Objectives and key Timings.

2) Identify what heroes you win most with and never pick anyone else (for now).

3) Assassins and Warriors have the biggest influence on the outcome. Assassins because you choose where to put the damage and Warriors because you decide when to initiate and have the ability to peel. This works both ways, if you pick them and are not good you will lose more games.

4) When you join a game with High ranked players, if they want to play an Assassin, do everything you can to make that happen.

5) Join Voice Chat, even if you do not plan on saying anything

6) Do homework, when you are just not having a great day (losing streak) stop playing! Spend some time watching Twitch, YouTube and Reading guides. It lets you cool down and refresh the right way to play heroes and battlefields.

7) Accept you will lose around 47-50% of your games and try and learn something from each loss (even if it wasn't your fault).

8) When you hit a wall make a change. For me I don't have enough heroes that I feel confident enough to win with. So I now have to drop some ranked points to build up my roster.

Doing that has got me from Silver 3 to Gold 1 in 1.5 seasons. My challenge now is that I need to further increase my playable hero roster to have more flexibilty and push for Platinum next season. In doing so I am taking a hit in rank but will be ready for next season and am confident I can get into Platinum and stay there.
06/06/2018 04:43 AMPosted by Throrgrim
... To be diamond you have to know very basic things.

- Don't feed
- Hit skillshots

If you can do this: BAM! You are diamond. Btw diamond is same mess as silver, gold or platinum. I don't say that any player who stuck at silver would deserve diamond but maybe mid/high gold and there are lot of players at high plat who could perform very well at low master. Diamond rank has its own silver potatoes. Imagine if a bronzie can ruin a silver game, what does a silver do at diamond?

There is no other excuse to stuck at silver than being a silver.

Except you can do everything you listed and 1 team member can keep trying to initiate and win 3v1 fights until they amass 7 deaths in the first 6 mins, or you get the perma solo sylvanas who never shows to objectives and goes around slowly taking camps while never actually achieving anything of note, or maybe the tank that goes way to deep and chases into towers to be ganked and stunned only to blame everyone else (esp the healer) I can go high kills 0 deaths xp etc get mvp and still lose the match my performance doesn't change the performance of the other team members.

Ive never watched any bronze to master stuff but we aren't talking about getting to master, for most of us we've set the bar as low as plat. I got to my promotion match form gold one to plat 5 and then every game was a bust all the way down to silver 4. Now I try to scrutinize my own plays, what I did wrong, but every single time is was things like I described above. You try to take command or give advice, make shotcalls in these games and it goes ignored and people do as tey please. Im by no means master material I never expect to get there, but Ive all but given up hope of ever even making plat 5 no matter how well I play.

Agreeeed. With many "ee"s, they should definitely take into account the Personal Performance when attributing the w/l points at the end of the game. I don't see how this would not push players of both teams to play at their best.
You are "stuck" at silver because you are silver. I've had a few seasons where I'll get placed in silver to start but will very quickly climb out. When that happens I'll usually have about a 70% win rate until I hit gold 2ish. Then it starts to level off because I'm a high gold low plat player. I've never finished higher than plat 4.

If you're better than your rank reflects you'll climb out easily. Problem is people don't like to admit when they aren't good at something. Post some replays. Show us that you stand out from those around you.
06/05/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Discane
Just watched streamer who rank up Silver 3-Diamond 5 in 5 days.
And Gold to Master in 5 days before that.

You just need to be good at assassins and kill that solo roam opponents.

Silver HL is simply not playable until PBMM and rank decay is implemented for the average player.

HL isn’t meant for you to climb, not entirely. It’s meant to find you a place where you belong. Even with PBMM, true Silvers will find it hard to climb, mark my words.
at the end of the day, i feel that "silver" or "diamond" are tied to specific heroes rather than a player.

I might be a diamond lunara but i'm only a gold muradin. my current rank only reflects those heroes i often play.

those 0-10 muradin or other players might be playing heroes they are not familiar with but were forced to fill a role.

generally I feel that sub plat games don't really need a full team with tank / healer, as long as the team can work together and everyone is familiar with their hero. heck even on plat sometimes afkers dont pick that support but we still win sometimes anyway.

so familiar hero >>> hero you are not good at.