Easy and hard heroes

General Discussion
I don't really play HOTS, but I do play Overwatch. I'm just wondering how do the easy heroes compare to the more difficult ones in terms of impact. I did play HOTS when there were the quests for the OW skins and I felt like the easy heroes couldn't do as much.
06/08/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Scruxie
I did play HOTS when there were the quests for the OW skins and I felt like the easy heroes couldn't do as much.

When you talk about hero difficulty, are you referring to the in-game classification, or the playerbase's understanding of a hero? Because those are not necessarily the same. Malfurion, last I checked, was still described as an "Easy" hero.

As for impact, it depends. Raynor is probably the most obvious "easy" hero, and it's hard to make a big impact with him. Valla is (arguably) an "easy" hero, since her kit is fairly straightforward. But just because she's an easy hero to learn, it doesn't mean you'll be as effective with her as someone who has mastered her. For a lot of "easy" heroes, their in-game performance is more heavily dependent on the player's skill than on the hero's kit. If you felt some heroes couldn't do as much, it might be less of an issue with the hero and more with your own skill level.