Echoes of Alterac mounts

General Discussion
So I guess said mounts are obtainable only via event quest and if I choose one side I cannot buy other mount with currency? I ask because I cannot decide which one to choose, they are both just gorgeous.
Yeah I'm not really liking this whole pick one rewards set... it's really saddening. At least let us buy the other set with money... why wait a year so stupid
We don't have any non-mechanical ram mounts in game yet and the Alliance mount looks very stylish. However, I like the Horde's stuff better thematically as well as their banner...

Picking a side for Nexomania wasn't so bad since all they offered were portraits and sprays, but if this Alterac event is "one time only" I'm going to have a hell of a time choosing a side. I really hope there will be at least a few recolors of the rams and wolves obtainable outside of the quest.
06/04/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Catnine
Picking a side for Nexomania wasn't so bad since all they offered were portraits and sprays, but if this Alterac event is "one time only" I'm going to have a hell of a time choosing a side. I really hope there will be at least a few recolors of the rams and wolves obtainable outside of the quest.

My sentiments exactly. I didn't have a problem with Nexomania because it was just sprays and portraits, but now I have to choose a mount and I'm locked out of the other entirely, that's not cool.

All of these events have been rubbing me the wrong way.
This is a far easier choice than Nexomania.

I wouldn't be caught dead sporting an Alliance flag.
06/04/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Zafu
So I guess said mounts are obtainable only via event quest and if I choose one side I cannot buy other mount with currency? I ask because I cannot decide which one to choose, they are both just gorgeous.

isnt there mounts like the AV pvp mounts in wow?

the quest ones are "naked"

so you can get horde wolf or alliance ram right away if you get the bundle (I assume they will be bundled only)
06/05/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Cru
so you can get horde wolf or alliance ram right away if you get the bundle (I assume they will be bundled only)

No, they are the QUEST reward, and you can only choose one side of the quest.
06/05/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Drothvader
06/05/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Cru

No, they are the QUEST reward, and you can only choose one side of the quest.

im not talking about the quest reward ones (the ones with no armor, just grey ram/wolf with a saddle)

I mean the ones that look like AV pvp mounts from wow, those are on the info page for the patch under "mounts" not under the quest thing
06/05/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Cru
im not talking about the quest reward ones (the ones with no armor, just grey ram/wolf with a saddle)

Alliance Quest Chain and Rewards

Reconnaissance: Play 4 games as a Warcraft Hero.
Reward: Warcraft Reinforcements Loot Chest.

Raiding Camp: Achieve 50 Takedowns in winning games.
Reward: Alliance Portrait.

Carry the Banner: Play 6 games with a friend.
Reward: Alliance Banner.

For the Alliance: Win 8 games as a Warcraft Hero.
Rewards: Swift Ram Mount.

Horde Quest Chain and Rewards

Scout: Play 4 games as a Warcraft Hero.
Reward: Warcraft Reinforcements Loot Chest.

Strike Back: Achieve 50 Takedowns in winning games.
Reward: Horde Portrait.

Gaining Drek’thar’s Favor: Play 6 games with a friend.
Reward: Horde Banner.

For the Horde: Win 8 games as a Warcraft Hero.
Rewards: Raging Wolf Mount.

These are the only mounts you get.
06/05/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Cru

Alliance Quest Chain and Rewards

These are the only mounts you get.

no need to copy paste all that, nobody is disputing there are mount quest rewards

what im saying is if you look on their info page there are 4 different mounts shown

2 that are armored and 2 that aren't

and generally that means they are distinct from each other, not just recolors of the same mount, as recolors don't add features

so if the only mounts you get are from the quest, why does blizzards page show more mounts in a separate section from the quest rewards?

so 1 of 2 things must be true

the assumption that there is only a quest reward mount must be wrong

or

blizzards page is displaying info that implies we are being offered something that we actually aren't being offered

and neither of these options would surprise me, we just don't know which it is yet
I believe hero skins are also related to side you choose. So you'll be missing some cool and historic skins.
Can’t we just enjoy events? Why do people have to have everything now and instant gratification? Don’t you find that boring?

Choose a side and enjoy, I myself am looking forward to it. For the Horde!
06/04/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Grinra
This is a far easier choice than Nexomania.

I wouldn't be caught dead sporting an Alliance flag.

Right? Horde EZ. The mount looks better anyways.
At first I too was disappointed by the idea I had to choose 1 side and loose out on the skins, flags and mount from the side I didn't choose.

However, read the page carefully and it says the Quest rewards will be available in basic loot chests 1 year from end of the event, meaning by Summer of 2019, you should see them in loot boxes. My question is, does that mean if they now drop from loot boxes, may I craft with shards? I want the Ram mount, but I want the horde banner, so which do I wait a year to get?

As for the mounts, its pretty clear there are 4 mounts as part of this event:
1. Swift Stormpike Ram
2. Raging War Wolf
3. Ram Mount - bare, only saddle
4. Wolf Mount - bare, only saddle

1 and 2 will be available for purchase (my guess is gems and/or gold only) while 3 and 4 will be the Quest rewards.
06/05/2018 10:53 AMPosted by VoodooKiss
I believe hero skins are also related to side you choose. So you'll be missing some cool and historic skins.

not according to the info they released

skins will be in bundles, like always

nexomania skins have nothing to do with quest, AV will be the same
06/05/2018 10:53 AMPosted by VoodooKiss

They aren't.

The only thing you'll be denied is a mount.

That would be epically stupid if they denied you skins based on your choice.
I think the ram wins out for me. It's a unique mount, the only prior existing ram is the mechanical Cyber Ram, while I find the wolf's beard to be silly like the Ringmaster's Pride, feathered head and braided mane and all.