Blizzard supports online bullying

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
And now you're bullying Blizzard. Good job.
Another example of the system working as intended, folks.
Reporting is weaponized.
You say the only thing that should matter is winning and yet you pick nova in hL at the current state she’s in. If that’s not toxic behavior for a competitive environment I don’t know what is. It sounds like you aren’t even willing to fill and just one trick with her in hL. I’d be pissed off at that as well. Tired of selfish people picking obnoxious picks simply because they aren’t willing to coordinate with the team, if that’s how you feel go back to QM where you belong.
05/24/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Thatguy
When people join a hero league game the ONLY thing that should matter to them is winning. And if someone picks a hero they don't like but wins 65% of their games with it they should be HAPPY to have that person on their team.

Instead they'd rather whine, cry, throw the game and report the player and take a loss. They are HAPPIER with that outcome than actually winning.

Have to say it's true. Blizzard really dropped the ball on this one. People who play unpopular Heroes are frequently harassed and falsely reported.

05/24/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Arms32312
I’d be pissed off at that as well. Tired of selfish people picking obnoxious picks simply because they aren’t willing to coordinate with the team, if that’s how you feel go back to QM where you belong.

You see a perfect example of this bigoted attitude right here.

He doesn't care the Nova player has a 60% winrate. He sees an unpopular Hero, his brain turns off, and he starts spouting intolerant hate speech.

So 60% winrate players suddenly don't have the right to play HL? Just because ignorant players don't like their picks? I think that attitude is wrong on several levels, and Blizzard isn't doing enough, or really anything, to fix it.
05/24/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Crimson
When people join a hero league game the ONLY thing that should matter to them is winning. And if someone picks a hero they don't like but wins 65% of their games with it they should be HAPPY to have that person on their team.

Instead they'd rather whine, cry, throw the game and report the player and take a loss. They are HAPPIER with that outcome than actually winning.

Have to say it's true. Blizzard really dropped the ball on this one. People who play unpopular Heroes are frequently harassed and falsely reported.

I’d be pissed off at that as well. Tired of selfish people picking obnoxious picks simply because they aren’t willing to coordinate with the team, if that’s how you feel go back to QM where you belong.

He doesn't care the Nova player has a 60% winrate. He sees an unpopular Hero, his brain turns off, and he starts spouting intolerant hate speech.

So 60% winrate players suddenly don't have the right to play HL? Just because ignorant players don't like their picks? I think that attitude is wrong on several levels, and Blizzard isn't doing enough, or really anything, to fix it.

I don’t care if he’s the greatest nova that ever played hots, if he’s not willing to work with the team he’s not playing the game properly.
Yep, illidan main, gm #43 highest ever... when koreans were here for HGC. I actually tried cause it was fun playing against the best in the world... now I'm being reported by plat players for picking Illidan. Multi glad in wow, grand marshal all that jazz, blah blah blah and still get the same treatment as you guys, suspended for non participation when I truly hate those types... there is no stopping the stupidity. I would love a hots without afkers and feeders, toxic people i can mute as long as they dont stand in one spot while they type i dont give one f. why is it im having problems? ILLIDAN IS WHY
05/24/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Arms32312
05/24/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Crimson

I don’t care if he’s the greatest nova that ever played hots, if he’s not willing to work with the team he’s not playing the game properly.
platinum thinking... k
You mean crummy people abused a system so it works in their favor?

This has never happened in the history of things!
Blizzard contradicts itself by trying to be politically correct pandering to the sensitive ears/eyes(for those who like to take that literally).

They like to brag about trolling toxic people like in OW by rearranging peoples comments into forced (Self Insults) and yet they implement toxicity into their own games with automated silence system ripe for abuse as well as having sprays and taunts in the game.

There are always going to be E-Bullies on the internet since you can't physically beat them like a pinata in their basements/attics. Your best bet is to not make yourself a victim and learn how to handle these kind of people. You can't expect a corporation to care about your personal feelings cuz they don't, they do what they do because toxicity drives away their investments aka potential paying customers/playerbase.
I don't think anyone should be silenced purely because of a hero pick.

However

Not saying you specifically because I just don't know, but a lot of times when people like to play a certain hero they will just auto pick them no matter what and that's why they get reported.
I guess what I'm implying here without actually knowing, is maybe you could be one of those players that auto picks Nova even when a tank or healer is needed.

If you're not though, then great.
Also it doesn't help that Nova is in a genuinely weak spot right now, so she's not exactly a good first pick right now, or even a decent second pick.
Entirely agree ive had people pick 5 stealth heroes because i first picked nova.
Long story short, I like to play Nova. I was winning 60-65% of my games with Nova.

Yet every single game people whine, cry, complain, moan, groan and throw a hissy fit every time I pick Nova.

Doesn't matter if I last pick her or first pick her or mid pick her.

EVERY SINGLE TIME

EVERY SINGLE GAME

PEOPLE WHINE

CRY

COMPLAIN

AND ACT LIKE LITTLE BABIES

JUST CAUSE I LIKE TO PLAY NOVA!

So what do they all do? Yah you guessed it. They all report me for afk. Even when I'm 10-1, most hero dmg in the game and pull the team to a win they all still say in chat "YAH BUT STILL REPORT HIM"

So all these 5 year olds online being a bunch of bullies just cause they don't like my pick... report me.

THEN Blizzard sees I have a lot of reports.

THEN I get suspended.

When I've done NOTHING WRONG.

Seriously Blizzard you guys can kiss my big fat butt. I will NEVER give you guys another dollar for a SINGLE game you guys ever make.

I'm not going to stand for a company that sides with little whiney babies who report you just for picking a hero they don't like.

F*#$ off Blizzard.

I see the "Overwatch" development mindset has spread to the other dev teams.
You say the only thing that should matter is winning and yet you pick nova in hL at the current state she’s in. If that’s not toxic behavior for a competitive environment I don’t know what is. It sounds like you aren’t even willing to fill and just one trick with her in hL. I’d be pissed off at that as well. Tired of selfish people picking obnoxious picks simply because they aren’t willing to coordinate with the team, if that’s how you feel go back to QM where you belong.

You know what? You're wrong.

If there was a legitimate reason why not nova other "she's not good." Maybe you'd be right, but there's not.

You can't be talking about the state she is in from any sort of personal knowledge, since her win rate is greater than 50% everywhere except the very top, and very bottom leagues.

Further, if you're complaining about someone else's pick for no reason other than you don't like the hero, you are the one not coordinating with the team.

Quit being the idiot. Please.
Exactly. Someone posted to EU forum that his 19k games master acc has been suspended for non-participation however he never afked or refused to participate. I checked him on hotslogs and found lot of Nova games in his most recent matches.
05/24/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Arms32312
<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well if he's got a 60% win rate he must be doing something right. So what's your point exactly? You gonna claim he's ruining matches by picking Nova? With a 60% win rate? How does that work?
OP's right- when you pick certain heroes people just freak out- Nova, Tyrande, Murky, TLV, Chen, Raynor in particular but there are others.

And it's not about 'group composition' as some are trying to say, because I've seen hundreds of games with terrible comps but since they had popular heroes in them everyone was fine with it.

People freak out less when someone Sgt Hammer's into Chromie, or Butcher's into Li Li than they do if you pick Nova at any time with/against any comp. It's not comp, it's people being complete dicks when they see Nova.

And immediately after the response is almost always the same- the rest of the team decides to troll pick, throwing the match, or afks while they insult and mock Nova for not being able to carry a now 4v5 match up.

It's almost as bad as when people tell you what to play, then complain halfway through the match when you suck at what they've told you to play (lesson I learned first season- never play what your team tells you to, they are wrong 100% of the time).
What else did you expected in nowadays?! Blizzard isn't the first and won't be the last company, who doesn't treat customers equally, doesn't care about issues, which they need to fix in their games and cares only about how to sell fresh content for a high price. And as long as game companies will have enough paying customers, who mainly are kids with their father's or mother's wallet, this won't change!

FYI: It is dumb to complain about someone's hero choice only because you don't like that hero.
And it's not about 'group composition' as some are trying to say, because I've seen hundreds of games with terrible comps but since they had popular heroes in them everyone was fine with it.

In ranked, yes it is.

In URD, people should at least to match role effectiveness across the comp, and in my experience they typically do. In Quick Match, comps are all RNG, so it doesn't matter.