Hard to look forward to the third ban

General Discussion
It will just take even longer to get into a match. And Blizzard thought it was such a good idea to increase the time on the first ban. Way too often people waits till the timer is under 15 seconds to ban.
It was the players demands to have it i don't see the issue.
What happened to the I'll gladly wait for a longer time to have a balanced match" attitude?
And with the demanded QM changes, queue times there will get up too so brace yourself.
05/25/2018 10:10 PMPosted by MacWeak
What happened to the I'll gladly wait for a longer time to have a balanced match" attitude?

candy just comes around to make topics for the sake of complaining. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of the topics made are contradictions of previous topics' they've made cuz the point is just to complain.
05/25/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Xenterex

candy just comes around to make topics for the sake of complaining. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of the topics made are contradictions of previous topics' they've made cuz the point is just to complain.

you clearly want it to take longer to get into a game.
Each part of the draft should be considered carefully. Also, 1 extra minute is something worth complaining about it? Anyone making !@#$ posts on a forum, or playing games on a religious basis, have NO value to their time.
05/25/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Candy
It will just take even longer to get into a match. And Blizzard thought it was such a good idea to increase the time on the first ban. Way too often people waits till the timer is under 15 seconds to ban.

Since they're adding it onto the first ban, they could just have both players ban two at once and add like 5-10 seconds onto the clock so they can decide on the second one.

I'm okay with games taking an extra 20 seconds to get started.
The only bad thing about the 3rd ban, is with the Diablo rework there is really no-one that is that first ban worthy left.
05/25/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Candy

you clearly want it to take longer to get into a game.

You want to take less time to get into a 20 min game with less quality? I'd take an extra minute or two for much better draft any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Playing 20 minutes in a stomp is a waste of time for both teams - 10 people wasting 20 minutes. If you just want to stomp go play bots or something. Draft should be remotely balanced and fair.
Doesn't matter how many bans they allow. The draft experience takes way too long, the characters are unbalanced, and the games are mostly stomp or be stomped. Game is in a terrible place right now. Has been for a while and will continue to be.
I only have two issues with it- one, since one in three matches has a dodger it'll make it take upwards of 20 minutes to get a match in HL. You're reaching the point where the average time to get a HL match including draft, queue and game loading are longer than the average match itself. That's unacceptable.

Two- you now have a ban/pick that'll take about 10 minutes to get through... yet even though you can pick after the game is loaded during Brawls- you aren't utilizing that time to load the game. FFS Blizz load the game in the background while we're making the picks, that would MORE than make up for any extra time we spend banning.
06/01/2018 01:42 AMPosted by doctordeath
I only have two issues with it- one, since one in three matches has a dodger it'll make it take upwards of 20 minutes to get a match in HL. You're reaching the point where the average time to get a HL match including draft, queue and game loading are longer than the average match itself. That's unacceptable.

Two- you now have a ban/pick that'll take about 10 minutes to get through... yet even though you can pick after the game is loaded during Brawls- you aren't utilizing that time to load the game. FFS Blizz load the game in the background while we're making the picks, that would MORE than make up for any extra time we spend banning.

When I play HL or TL, sometimes I start a cigarette right before I search.
99% of the time, when the game starts and I'm standing at the gate I am just barerly finished smoking or 30-45 seconds from finishing.
Takes about 5-6 minutes to smoke a ciggarette
5 minutes from search to start isn't that bad
There are plenty of times where I insta lock a game and the draft goes incredibly fast and I'm only halfway thru a smoke.
I never liked the ideas of bans to begin with. It feels like we're just avoiding a problem rather than just playing it out as intended. With enough bans there will be situations where certain combos will leave little countermeasures or stick your team in rough compositions comparable to quick match anyway.
Either the game is well balanced and most compositions can win or we just keep throwing bandaids on to keep out the horrorshow heroes from the competitive games. The thought that the banner could become so powerful as to decide a loss before the game ever starts is pretty scary too. How much do you trust that one guy anyway?
All they have to do is give +25% bonus gold/exp to draft and all the problems are solved.
Heck, it might even encourage people to learn how to draft instead sticking only with QM (which should be renamed to Wild Mode since that name suits it way better).
06/01/2018 02:05 AMPosted by richieb
06/01/2018 01:42 AMPosted by doctordeath

When I play HL or TL, sometimes I start a cigarette right before I search.
99% of the time, when the game starts and I'm standing at the gate I am just barerly finished smoking or 30-45 seconds from finishing.
Takes about 5-6 minutes to smoke a ciggarette
5 minutes from search to start isn't that bad
There are plenty of times where I insta lock a game and the draft goes incredibly fast and I'm only halfway thru a smoke.
haha I do the same, and you are right
05/25/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Candy

Why would you NOT want your banner to think about the hero he's going to ban?

There's no advantage to banning fast. If you realize you should have banned something else, or someone on your team points it out, it's too late. And you could have avoided it by simply thinking rather than clicking.

Haha you nailed it! When I saw the thread topic my mind was all “who would be complaining about something that has been asked for by.......oh it’s Candy. Makes sence.”
Honestly I think it shouldn't be the highest MMR bans, rather everyone "votes" with highest MMR being the tire breaker vote. Make it so the system doesn't show who would be the tie breaker.

To do this when the draft starts, everyone left clicks to show their intended pick, and right clicks to indicate the hero they want banned. The ban is selected when everyone locks in ban or the 30 second time runs out.

Making this change would stop the no bans, and if you don't want to select the ban, just don't select something. They could even add a no ban button so you can lock in you don't want to select something.
I take back everything I said, as long as we give each player 2 minutes to pick their character and 1 minute for each ban. That way, the draft process will be so much worse that the slaughter games will still be a relief.
I can't say that I'm very excited by it. I think perhaps they should scale the number of bans by the tier. Bronze maybe none, silver and gold 1, play and diamond 2, master and GM 3.

Honestly in bronze bans cause ridiculous team fights or just don't make any real sense as no one has the game knowledge to make good use of them.
not going to lie I haven't been paying much attention lately, where exactly is the third ban going to take place? will there be 2 rounds before the first pick or how are they working it?