Next hero revealed :v

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
06/02/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Karabars
06/02/2018 03:23 PMPosted by YoloBaggins
Oh boy... is this real or fanart?

If they add Yrel that also means only O Q and W don’t have heroes for the hots alphabet

Winston, Overmind.... don’t know who I would pick for Q
Queen Azshara

I was thinking the same thing but they don’t have warchief thrall or high king varian in the alphabetized index they just go off the first name though I would like to see queen azshara in the nexus
<span class="truncated">...</span>Queen Azshara

I was thinking the same thing but they don’t have warchief thrall or high king varian in the alphabetized index they just go off the first name though I would like to see queen azshara in the nexus
Deckard Cain is the only Hero with his full name in the game. Varian is just Varian. Queen Azshara could be the first who uses her title.
By the looks of it, next hero will be Yrel.

Excellent, now I get to kill her again and again for all the times I heard her speak during Warlords of Draenor.
But at the same time, I'm greatly disappointed by it being Yrel instead of Maraad or T'paartos.
Is Yrel a paladin? This is probably fake, right?

Pretty sure it's just going to be reworked Hanamura and Sombra or something.
Oh. Yeah, this is definitely great news.
I don't get why they'd do Yrel of all people. First draenei in the game from the worst WoW expansion ever.

Sorta interested in the whole ret pally thing, though more excited for AV tbh.
I don't get all of this Yrel hate.
I do understand that people wanted other draenei first, but I personally really like her.
And tbh, female models generally look better than the male models in this game.
I'm just glad I don't have to stare at another bulky, large handed, short legged wow hero (Arthas, Uther, e.t.c)
I don't care about what gender the hero is, but visuals are important enough to have a small part in how much I like a hero and want to play them.
06/02/2018 05:24 PMPosted by MistyKat
I don't get all of this Yrel hate.
I do understand that people wanted other draenei first, but I personally really like her.
And tbh, female models generally look better than the male models in this game.
I'm just glad I don't have to stare at another bulky, large handed, short legged wow hero (Arthas, Uther, e.t.c)
I don't care about what gender the hero is, but visuals are important enough to have a small part in how much I like a hero and want to play them.

I like her too and I'm sure many do too. However, there are more iconic Dranei that I would have liked to see in the game.
06/02/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Ayeziza
I like her too and I'm sure many do too. However, there are more iconic Dranei that I would have liked to see in the game.

I'm quite happy its Yrel first. I want Velen at some point too, but I prefer getting a hero who looks like the player characters. Velen looks like the Exodar crash-landed on his face. It's fine, but it's not really the cool Draenei look I love.

Plus, I think this opens more avenues. If Velen were added first, I feel like it would limit the prospects for future Draenei, since they'd be in less demand. With Yrel added first, Velen is still an iconic enough character that he can be added without the need to fill the Draenei role. Best of both worlds, in my opinion.

Also /waggle. This can only be a positive.
06/02/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Karabars

Deckard Cain is the only Hero with his full name in the game. Varian is just Varian. Queen Azshara could be the first who uses her title.

I can totally see it.

Especially because the butcher is actually named “The butcher” in the hero menu so he’s actually in the T section
For those who are wondering why Yrel, it may have something to do wiht teh supported speculation going around with Battle for Azeroth expansion.

Alt.Draenor orcs return and apparently while main timeline has been demon hunting, members of the Alt. Draenei have essentially become Light-obsessed monsters. It is, "You become part of the Light or you die," and Yrel, regarded only as High Exarch, may be the one leading this charge. Also "Alt.Grom's son who is not Garrosh" has been forcibly converted to the Evil Light side.

EDIT:
This scenario makes me enjoy this scene even more now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td0pUwrBWjc
06/02/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Gresh
For those who are wondering why Yrel, it may have something to do wiht teh supported speculation going around with Battle for Azeroth expansion.

Alt.Draenor orcs return and apparently while main timeline has been demon hunting, members of the Alt. Draenei have essentially become Light-obsessed monsters. It is, "You become part of the Light or you die," and Yrel, regarded only as High Exarch, may be the one leading this charge. Also "Alt.Grom's son who is not Garrosh" has been forcibly converted to the Evil Light side.
Just when we thought Blizz's writing couldn't possibly get any worse...
06/02/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Ayeziza

I'm quite happy its Yrel first. I want Velen at some point too, but I prefer getting a hero who looks like the player characters. Velen looks like the Exodar crash-landed on his face. It's fine, but it's not really the cool Draenei look I love.

Plus, I think this opens more avenues. If Velen were added first, I feel like it would limit the prospects for future Draenei, since they'd be in less demand. With Yrel added first, Velen is still an iconic enough character that he can be added without the need to fill the Draenei role. Best of both worlds, in my opinion.

Also /waggle. This can only be a positive.

lmao

I guess you're right about the demand portion.
06/02/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Paradox
06/02/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Gresh

Just when we thought Blizz's writing couldn't possibly get any worse...

Also instead of Alt.Thrall we have Rule 63 Thrall... I guess?
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Overlord_Geya%27rah
Voxel.com.br is my go to source for the most authentic leaks...

said no one ever. Grain of salt and all that.
Very disappointed. Was really hoping for Rock & Roll Racing. :(
I don't get all of this Yrel hate.[/b]

Because Yrel was badly written (and her voice was irritating, but that's neither here nor there).

She was an annoying, naive child who got to assume the role of an experienced, veteran leader through constant Deus ex Machinas and being carried. She couldn't stand on her own, but other NPCs loved to talk her up as this amazing person who was just so special. She went from a complete nobody to getting to have a hand in every single important event throughout Warlords. Her "character arc" lacked any heart or weight to it - it honestly speaks volumes when Maraad's parting line of "'In the light, we are one" before he gets killed off was able to deliver more emotion than the entirety of Yrel's story.

She gets too much in too little time, without any rhyme or reason for it, and little of her accomplishments are even her own. A sizable portion of WoD's story was devoted to having this random, never-before-existing NPC "realize [her] potential," which was done by having everyone else do the work for her. Yrel was a terrible character, and this sentiment was all over the place during the expansion's life - but I guarantee you that we're going to have people claiming to the contrary soon, if not already.
06/02/2018 03:23 PMPosted by YoloBaggins
Oh boy... is this real or fanart?

If they add Yrel that also means only O Q and W don’t have heroes for the hots alphabet

Winston, Overmind.... don’t know who I would pick for Q

Qiana Moonshadow! Qiana Moonshadow!!!
"Alexstrasza is too Thicc" Check.

"Firebat with bad name" Check.

"Deckard is just a joke character" Check.

"Not the good Draenei" Check.

So what will be the next "problem" with the new heroes for the players?Any bets?