How one can avoid getting silenced/ banned. My way.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I thought about the OP's solution to not get silenced.

You are avoiding getting silenced by imposing a self silence.

Let's say it's illegal to wave at someone. If you wave at someone there penalty is getting your hand chopped off. People can call the police and report you for waving even if you didn't wave. So your solution is to chop your own hand off to not get found guilty and have your hand chopped off.
06/14/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Gibs
Personally I think there is a major over reaction here! Driven by people who have been silenced and/or banned and in 99% of cases probably deserve it.

The way you avoid getting into these situation is not being abusive, trolling, afking, or feeding. People do not usually go to the effort of reporting players for no reason and if that does happen its most likely so infrequent that you will never have to worry about reaching the required threshold for action to be taken.

Just look at Overwatch, the people that complain about injustice are more often than not called out by Blizzard on the forums. Where there is smoke there is fire......

Just because you assume something doesn’t mean it’s true. Just like if I assume I’m a millionaire doesn’t mean I am one.
yes. first intelligent contribution to this thread.

06/14/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Chojobo
06/14/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Gibs

You are going to be bitterly disappointed. Now just have to figure out how to use Hotslogs…….

what a huge surprise. so you are in fact another one of those casuals with max 2 games per day. you could disprove me in a matter of seconds by posting a simple hotslogs link. but you and I both know you are not gonna do it because you obviously arent a dedicated gamer. playing lots of games dramatically improves your chances of being silenced.

06/14/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Arcane

Simply put, it's because the number of games you've played has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on whether or not you're being an !@#.

again, you dont even seem to understand the most basic problem positions. playing 10 games a day makes you much more likely to get silenced just as a result of random chance. if you dont understand this just by looking at it for a few seconds, then you obviously are not the kind of person that should be included in such a discussion. cant white knight more than that.
06/14/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Werbs713
06/14/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Ainz
I have allied chat turned off and I communicate to the extent ping allows me. If someone isnt coming to TFs or does sth wrong I ping him. If he shall leave my lane I ping retreat etc.

Typing these things appearently gets u silenced with blizzards policy so I have to adapt.

I guess u already knew this but maybe someone didnt know one can turn of chat so u dont get jebaited into typing sth when someone flames u / says sth wrong.

Turning chat off, voice or text puts you and your team at a server disadvantage.

Your suggestion is to cut the nose off to spite the face.

Honestly that's half true. The communication you get from Pings is a lot and back when I typed I found myself raging more due to what others wrote not because they insulted me but because I lost faith in humanity (sort of xD) and because I wouldnt be able to focus on the game as much as before.

It's not a win more solution thats true. Might affect ones winrate even. But it keeps u from a silence ban and honestly I feel like it affects my winrate rather positively.
06/14/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Gibs
Finally, just because someone claims they have created a report does not mean they have actually done it. Quite often its used as a threat but not followed up on......

Dude srsly? I think its more the other way around. Ppl report you all the time. I today had a game where I had chat off and a guy in my team (was UR with 4 man premade) who was Twinblades varian with 0 hero dmg only doing camps.
We won the game and I reported him for non participation because he didnt follow a signle ping and we only won cos I went with double lava wave and we sneaked a boss in the end after being severely pushed into our corners.
He will never know I reported him and he would never expect me to report him because we won and he doesnt know I am mad on him.

The majority of the games I seen ppl talk in it was like 2. The 3 others most likely dont have chat off and report at the end no matter what.

I even seen posts on the forum where ppl claimed since they're silenced they report everyone for abusive chat to crush hots's silence system and make blizzard change it.
06/14/2018 05:41 PMPosted by HailHydra
So you're admitting that you are part of the problem and report just because you can...alright...

Can u say at whom that is adressed?
06/14/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Sentient
Some people don't want to be coached up. Some people take it extremely personally....which I get, but if you utter even a semblance of an insult such as calling someone an "idiot" or a "moron" for trying to fight someone 1v5 at objective when you're pinging them to retreat 15 times...you're going to get silenced. Then they use the one phrase "idiot" or "moron" as a justification for being silenced. Doesn't matter if for the entire game you were trying to help your team win and were otherwise courteous.

That's the point of my idea. Coaching ppl in a 20 min game of which I play easily 20 a day when I have freetime is a waste of time. You must maintain a high winrate (which I do) due to ur own skill and u must give 100% every game even if ur teammates dont deserve it.
If u dont, than you will not get as high and you seemingly care about winning.
If you can only enjoy the game by typing and teaching because u are too socially to just numbly go over all their mistakes and adapt since they make u tilt or rage like they do for me ( but I can handle it after thousands of games) since u are far superior to them and due to lack of players these games exists numerously, you might not enjoy the game enough to even justify to urself playing it.

I would take a break from the game actually because when u use the word "idiot" u clearly dont enjoy playing the game at the moment. I accept if u disagree, everyone has a different opinion on that so note, this is just my advice nothing I'd say is obligatory.
06/14/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Chojobo
06/14/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Gibs

You are going to be bitterly disappointed. Now just have to figure out how to use Hotslogs…….

what a huge surprise. so you are in fact another one of those casuals with max 2 games per day. you could disprove me in a matter of seconds by posting a simple hotslogs link. but you and I both know you are not gonna do it because you obviously arent a dedicated gamer. playing lots of games dramatically improves your chances of being silenced.

06/14/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Arcane

Simply put, it's because the number of games you've played has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on whether or not you're being an !@#.

again, you dont even seem to understand the most basic problem positions. playing 10 games a day makes you much more likely to get silenced just as a result of random chance. if you dont understand this just by looking at it for a few seconds, then you obviously are not the kind of person that should be included in such a discussion. cant white knight more than that.

There you go:
https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=1576290

Its not very accurate as its only registering half my games played at 1212 compared to what HOTS is telling me. Fr example Hots Logs says I only played one game last night, when I spent the whole night playing??

Either way, it shows I am a regular player even if the data is highly inaccurate :)
06/14/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Sentient
Edit: It's even worse when you're in HL and people que as 2's and 3s regularly. If you offend one person in the squad the entire squad will probably report you because they're friends. It's BS.

Long before I even thought bout turning off chats I already realized to note who is in a squad and to never argue with squads.
They blame everything on the guy who is lucky enough to play with them. The twin blades story from above was a varian in a 4 man squad probably silver while someone else in squad was diamond. These partys annoy me so incredibly much. You gotta take it tho. Play hard and u might win.
If you loose they will report you no matter if u said sth or not cos they blame it on you. I been kicked out of so many premades cos I wouldnt play with ppl on a different skill lvl than me.
That f*cks everyones mmr and causes unenjoyable games.
06/14/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Gibs
There you go:

Its not very accurate as its only registering half my games played at 1212 compared to what HOTS is telling me. Fr example Hots Logs says I only played one game last night, when I spent the whole night playing??

Either way, it shows I am a regular player even if the data is highly inaccurate :)

Mate how many games u played u dont know whether ur teammates falsly reported u and u were lucky enough they fell off before u noticed. Some ppl play a lot more in a short time and get silenced for the same lvl of toxicity u got even if its none. Number of games doesnt mean u can judge it only amount of time u played them in.
This is an obligatory truth so if u disagree with this statement u just straight up lie. If u however can tell me in what time u played ur ca. 2400 games I can see whether u have managed to not get silenced by being "nice" or "calm" where others would have/ wouldnt have as u say it.
:)
06/14/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Sentient
If I ping someone to retreat 12 times and they don't when the game is winnable, and their death is the reason that the enemy team is going to win...what everyone on the forums would have you believe is that in that moment you're supposed to gather your thoughts, rehearse them in your head, see if they may be deemed as offensive to said individual and then if they are, do not say them....

All while your ally is strolling willingly to his death 1v5. Don't react. Don't let your feelings show. Don't let it go. Man this is starting to sound like that one Frozen song....

The sad truth is that u might even be wrong and he did the right play. I have died a lot 1v5 when buying my team time to do the boss. They reported me even though enemy team was on the way to the boss.
Another one is that they dont know how ur hero works. A hero like sonya (with E build) or johanna can engage in 5 ppl to lure them into ur team and if said team retreats and lets you die and calls u noob / reports u u are the one who did the proper play.
Thats what I ment. You can report ppl and u might even think its justified but it not always is.
I am not saying ur statement is wrong but if u reported him and u think its justified someone else did the same and it wasnt.
06/14/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Ainz
06/14/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Gibs
There you go:

Mate how many games u played u dont know whether ur teammates falsly reported u and u were lucky enough they fell off before u noticed. Some ppl play a lot more in a short time and get silenced for the same lvl of toxicity u got even if its none. Number of games doesnt mean u can judge it only amount of time u played them in.
This is an obligatory truth so if u disagree with this statement u just straight up lie. If u however can tell me in what time u played ur ca. 2400 games I can see whether u have managed to not get silenced by being "nice" or "calm" where others would have/ wouldnt have as u say it.
:)

I created my account in the HOTS alpha so I have been hear since day one and I am pretty sure Hots Logs is miles of the mark as its not recording current games and probably a good chunk of my history too. I dont even see why I need it when HOTS has all the stats for my account.....but there you go.

Whatever the case, the info that is there right now shows I am not some casual play ever second Sunday kind of player.

TBH I really don't care if my team reports me. I refuse to believe that the people I play with would do that in such numbers that it would have a material impact. The only time I have been banned or warned is when I have been calling people names and getting abusive. Since then I have had no problems and no one else I play with regularly has either.

My theory is that most players if not all of them that get banned are displaying abusive behaviour but just don't think what they are doing is offensive to others. Obviously this cannot be proved as its pretty subjective and only Blizzard can prove it one way or another.
06/14/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Gibs
TBH I really don't care if my team reports me. I refuse to believe that the people I play with would do that in such numbers that it would have a material impact. The only time I have been banned or warned is when I have been calling people names and getting abusive. Since then I have had no problems and no one else I play with regularly has either.

I have 2 times be silenced in 6000 games so I could say the problem does occur to me the same way as to you. The problem is: I play a lot more atm pushing to master on one account and pracitising heroes on the other. And I have one on master already that is silenced atm so yea.

If u play a lot from my experience on one and the same account like 20 games a day for almost a week ure silenced on guarantee and I have ppl in FL who say the same. One is GM got banned on 2 accounts that he pushed to GM with until he got to GM with 3rd.

Now u might ask how I have so much time. It's called holidays.
06/14/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Sentient
I don't report people for bad plays. I'm not one of those people.

I do if it is far beyond acceptable bad. When I can tell the player doesnt deserve to be even close to my mmr. This is rarely the case in hl almost never but when I play UR to practise I see some premades carrying friends who I rather never play with again. It's their fault if they bring him in a game where he doesnt belong. They can play TL with him as 5 or QM where I really give 0 f*cks but in an unranked game I wanna practise and if someone creates a game that is a circus clown fiesta then I report even for non understandable gameplay. I can give u a few examples of what I mean:

Today I had a Varian with no hero dmg in a 4 man premade. The game was long we won it cos I had double lava wave and enemys never ended and eventually we got the boss while they didnt look map.

A few days ago I had someone playing nazeebo who I checked stacks at lvl 20 and he had 17 I remember it was exactly 17. Now I have some practise as nazeebo and I can tell u at 20 I have easily 200 stacks. EASILY!

I once got a firstpick nova in hl who had 0 siege dmg all game which I dont even blame him for since he is a nova firstpick guy. The sad truth is he was diamond and I judge a nova firstpick as trolling when the player is in diamond. We lost the game only and only due to him being unable to do anything.

If u wonder what I report them for it's: non participation and I always write as xtra info: that the player isnt able to play even with good will close to the lvl his mmr is.

But as I said its rare. I do however report ppl for spamming all the time when their pings bother me. Because I listen to pings and evaluate them and this is imo an attack on the likelihood of victory.
My method is to just not say anything that isn't a shotcall.

Sure i could mention in chat that the valla on my team going AA and soloing a lane top during bottom objective, but why bother, they're just gonna tilt, rage in chat, possibly AFK, and report me, now I suddenly have the chance to be punished for critique.
06/14/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Sentient
Also. I don't think it's right to abuse people. I do however believe it's okay to try and coach people.

I personally welcome criticism in game so that I can learn the mistakes. But IIRC blizzard forbids telling other how to play and might use that as silence reason.
06/14/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Error
06/14/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Sentient
Also. I don't think it's right to abuse people. I do however believe it's okay to try and coach people.

I personally welcome criticism in game so that I can learn the mistakes. But IIRC blizzard forbids telling other how to play and might use that as silence reason.

Yea I also heared they justify not appealing silences when u have told someone what hero to pick.