Guess this has been answered rip

General Discussion
someones literally telling me to kill myself for the past 10 minutes. Why isn't there a specific report system to actually show this. It's pretty depressing.
You need to get off the internets now!
Idk. I guess i'm downvoted, because nobody should get spammed things like this. Ok I suppose lol
06/04/2018 10:54 PMPosted by GLNHairyPeon
Why isn't there a specific report system to actually show this.

Tab>Report>Abusive chat.

06/04/2018 10:54 PMPosted by GLNHairyPeon
It's pretty depressing.

Welcome to the internet.
What do you mean a 'specific report system'? Just report the person for offensive language (or whatever the category is called). They already have the reporting feature in the game.
I just meant something more indepth for actual scenarios like this lol. Trolling is one thing, but I'd feel kind of bad for someone actually dealing with issues like that. Being your only option is *heres our automated useless support system* button.
More so i'm not depressed at the spam, concerned that someone else could be. I'm just more impressed theres no outing for more severe cases of someone harassing a person lol
Reporting a player for abusive chat also blocks that player automatically. You know about the block feature, right? You don't even need to report to block a player (just right click on player name and choose option).
06/04/2018 11:05 PMPosted by GLNHairyPeon
I just meant something more indepth for actual scenarios like this lol. Trolling is one thing, but I'd feel kind of bad for someone actually dealing with issues like that. Being your only option is *heres our automated useless support system* button.
Blue post on this: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20762217574
It's not the point lol........someone should actually go read scenarios like this. it's well known the systems automated unless you appeal a silence.
I dunno I'm like borderline suicidal, but people telling me to kill myself online doesn't really sway me...
06/04/2018 11:12 PMPosted by GLNHairyPeon
It's not the point lol........someone should actually go read scenarios like this. it's well known the systems automated unless you appeal a silence.

its simple

any system in place to give special treatment to "serious" cases will inevitably lead to everyone and their mother reporting with the "serious" report feature

which does 2 things ... bogs down whatever system they put in place to show preference to serious offenses and makes the serious report function meaningless ... if everything is serious then nothing is serious

the way they deal with reports is really the only way you can do it

if someone gets a few reports here or there its easy to assume they had a rough game or got a little upset, or has some jerk teammates, but if someone is getting 200 reports a day they are likely doing something to deserve it
@Kiefbro If you harass a user and tell them to commit suicide irl,
you should really have a talk with your mother about this, because
A: You lack manners in that case
and B: You'll literally go to jail as it could be considered a criminal offense.
If you have to banter, atleast keep it ingame.

You looked up the forum-account of this user and went through his post-history just to necro it and post this.
That's a bit of a red flag. You should stop here.
06/04/2018 11:05 PMPosted by GLNHairyPeon

well if the report system dont work. i dont understand why i lost my acc 3 hours ago:D:D aaaand it was not the first time:D so toxic people like me do get kick, if that makes u feel any better.
the prob. how ever is that i can really ez start a new acc:)
OK you took it a bit out of context, I was shown this by my friend and he did not tell him to kill himself. Apparently my friend just looked up Peons name on google and this came up. I don't involve myself in flame and I do not call people out, sure I complain if my teammates genji win rate is 37 percent out of 22 games but I let them pick it and I dont complain and we win. Please don't assume things about the situation, Peon started flaming my friend as soon as hero select started.