During HL Draft TM8 said he will murder me

General Discussion
06/25/2018 09:23 PMPosted by engine
06/25/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Scogg
People say things they don't mean.

You don't know if he meant it. Nether do I. You don't know if he is a hacker that can get personal info from the game client, like an IP address. All we know is some nut said he will break into my home and murder me. But there is no easy way to tell Blizzard. Only the automated abusive chat report works. And that isn't seen by a human so its worthless. There needs to be one for Uttering Threats, and it should go to a human. It would be simple to add.

And it doesn't even matter whether he meant it or not. According to the law just uttering a deadly threat is enough. This has nothing to do with living in fear or whatever you typed. Its about having teh ability to inform Blizzard through the in-game report feature.

Cant believe you are still going on about this. I actually feel sorry for you... Clearly you are an emotional person who takes everything seriously. Clearly you don't know the guy so any normal person wouldnt care anymore. I get you want attention and the whole pity thing etc etc but all you need to do is either toughen up and move on or put a ticket in and itll go nowhere and from that you toughen up and move on. For the love of god but stop acting like its the end of the world.

Either Report him or move on, being an attention seeker is cringe worthy
06/24/2018 10:14 PMPosted by engine
He wrote in chat that he will break into my house and murder me.

I reported him, but the only relevant option was Abusive Chat. And from what I have read that is simply an automated system.

But this twisted person made a real-life threat. I feel this needs to have its own report function because threatening my life or the lives of my family is very serious.

It must be your first day on the internet you snowflake.....welcome to the thunder dome moth** #=ucker!!!!
06/25/2018 09:52 PMPosted by Toko

I reported him, but the only relevant option was Abusive Chat. And from what I have read that is simply an automated system.

But this twisted person made a real-life threat. I feel this needs to have its own report function because threatening my life or the lives of my family is very serious.

It must be your first day on the internet you snowflake.....welcome to the thunder dome moth** #=ucker!!!!

Haha so true
06/25/2018 09:42 PMPosted by Scogg
Put in a ticket then.

Do u know how long and tedious it is to submit a ticket?
06/25/2018 10:13 PMPosted by engine
Put in a ticket then.

It's quicker and easier than conspiring to commit homicide.
06/25/2018 10:13 PMPosted by engine
Put in a ticket then.

So in other words all you want is attention and a pity party? ahh i totally side with the other dude. You truly are just pathetic and attention seeking.

Also lets face it if you submit a ticket blizzard will look at the ENTIRE conversation not just your side.
Is this a troll post? Blizzard does take real life threats seriously, but if no further information was given, I highly doubt your life is truly in danger. If you didn't give out your own address I highly doubt he accessed it.
06/25/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Torch
Blizzard does take real life threats seriously

if they did, there would by an option to report it in-game. a real-life death threat cannot properly be reported through the current abusive chat function. you should read through the thread before asking if its a troll thread. anyone with common sense would know from my posts it is not.
06/25/2018 11:11 PMPosted by engine

if they did, there would by an option to report it in-game. a real-life death threat cannot properly be reported through the current abusive chat function. you should read through the thread before asking if its a troll thread. anyone with common sense would know from my posts it is not.

If they added that just because a little princess such as yourself wanted it then this scenerio would happen. Joe is playing with little jimmy and joe asks jimmy to help the team soak top lane. Jimmy will say OMG REAL LIFE THREAT REPORTED. Such is how the current report system works. If this was indeed real you wouldnt hesitate to submit a ticket but since you are on here wanting attention and having no interest in submitting a ticket because " Its too much effort " all you want is attention and a pity party. Toughen up princess
06/25/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Assassin
If they added that just because a little princess such as yourself wanted it then this scenerio would happen. Joe is playing with little jimmy and joe asks jimmy to help the team soak top lane. Jimmy will say OMG REAL LIFE THREAT REPORTED. Such is how the current report system works. If this was indeed real you wouldnt hesitate to submit a ticket but since you are on here wanting attention and having no interest in submitting a ticket because " Its too much effort " all you want is attention and a pity party. Toughen up princess

nice try..."assassin"
Your welcome "engine" ??
Are you really like this with everything that you hear? you may need some boost on confidence and reality if it's the case dude...

I gave you the benefit of the doubt on my previous reply, and also advised what you could do. Why? because I'm also into the "it never happens until it happens" train...

But.. the more I read your own responses the more I'm convinced you are either trolling or simply just bored at work and decided to go all Hollywood about what happened to you.

You seem to be more focused into "adding a report option in the game" than actually doing something proactive if you really feel harassed.... you seem to be more focused on creating conspiracy theories than trying to understand what actually happened.

I don't know if you are really young, inexperienced on life, inexperienced in the internet, extremely paranoid.. or as I said.. some troll bored at work... but you sound like someone who would break if someone tells you a "you momma..." joke

Look... It's ok to discuss, as you can see I don't mind at all... I completely disagree with the people here calling "snowflake" and all sort of stuff... BUT... they do have a point... you are over-reacting and expressing yourself as if the world is going to end.. and even worse, ignoring all piece of advise and just keep creating more and more drama...
Can't believe all the people on here telling someone they deserve the death threats they are receiving in a video game.
Standard response: If you are genuinely concerned alert the authorities, otherwise report and don't engage. If you ignore them they'll lose interest.

All death threats are not made equal-- though it's worth noting it's not a trivial matter and people have been arrested over equivalent statements-- you aren't a known public figure, so while it is conceivable that they could locate you it is improbable that they would target you for actual violence as opposed to verbal flatulence.
06/25/2018 11:11 PMPosted by engine

real life threats are one of the options in the report function.
How old are you?

You should beat him to the punch. Nobody wants you or your family corrupting the gene pool. Get off the internet if you're that delicate.
06/25/2018 05:10 PMPosted by engine
This is taken from Canadian Law:

Any laws from non-joke countries?
06/26/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Ghost
Can't believe all the people on here telling someone they deserve the death threats they are receiving in a video game.

Nobody is saying that. All we are saying is that the idea that he is actually being threatened is ridiculous.
Look the forums just aren't the sort of avenue for these sort of things, if you want action done there are proper authorities that can attend to your concern but forum users are no authority in the matter.

There are also proper means to communicate this, but clearly an open forum thread isn't by any means recommended, the most obvious being customer support -- either via chat or e-mail. And a forum thread isn't going to notify the proper authorities either, you think Blizzard or the Police lurk the forums religiously reading everything?

If you have such issues about what was said you have Blizzard Customer service or the Police, at worst, but making a post about this is honestly irrelevant since you won't get anything productive out of this, aside attention if that is what you're after. Because we clearly can't track the guy for you or take the law into our own hands.