Quick Question Blizz

General Discussion
Is there a way to tell when you are gonna kill my winstreak and throw me in a long stretch of unwinnable games? If so just hit me up and ill log off for a little bit.
Pretty sure logging out doesn't stop it. Hasn't ever for me.
07/01/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Neeks
Is there a way to tell when you are gonna kill my winstreak and throw me in a long stretch of unwinnable games? If so just hit me up and ill log off for a little bit.

They can not tell you of something they do not do.
07/01/2018 01:17 AMPosted by rcw
07/01/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Neeks

They can not tell you of something they do not do.

You mean blizzard doesn't try to keep you at a 50% winrate? So all of your games must be equally challenging and fair where do I sign up?
07/01/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Neeks
You mean blizzard doesn't try to keep you at a 50% winrate? So all of your games must be equally challenging and fair where do I sign up?

A 50% winrate is athe result of fair matchmaking where you are placed against equal opponents. No Blizzard is not putting bad people on your team to achieve this, lots of peope with winrates vastly off 50% prove this.

Also loaded questions are a telltale sign of deep intellectual dishonesty.
07/01/2018 01:28 AMPosted by rcw
07/01/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Neeks

A 50% winrate is athe result of fair matchmaking where you are placed against equal opponents. No Blizzard is not putting bad people on your team to achieve this, lots of peope with winrates vastly off 50% prove this.

Many Mobas have come out to say that they enforce a 50% winrate meaning, the algorithm puts you in matches you have a disadvantage in, to keep you close to that 50%. Since I have come back I have consistently been put in games where I have very little chance of pulling off a victory. It wasn't like this in Alpha or Beta or even the preseason.
A lot of the time I literaly have a stroke of 4 or 5 wins, then a 4 or 5 lose, then a 4 or 5 wins again, like 90% of the time, and than is very annoying, I even take screenshots to prove it.

Talking about HL here.

A natural 50% chance of winning every single game would result in a win loss distribution similar to the coin toss. Now in the coin toss it is extremely rare to have win/loss streaks equal or longer than 5, because the chances of it really happening are extremely low (<5%). You don't believe me? Try it yourself, it will take more or less 5 minutes.

In Hots when you are winning too much the MM progressively gives you worse teammates or it stabilizes your teammates MMR while giving you stronger opponents. This goes on until you lose a game and after that the MM will continuosly give you that kind of teammates until your winrate returns to 50-53%, causing +5 or even +10win/loss streaks. This is not natural 50% winrate.
07/01/2018 02:26 AMPosted by AndreRX470

Talking about HL here.

A natural 50% chance of winning every single game would result in a win loss distribution similar to the coin toss. Now in the coin toss it is extremely rare to have win/loss streaks equal or longer than 5, because the chances of it really happening are extremely low (<5%). You don't believe me? Try it yourself, it will take more or less 5 minutes.

In Hots when you are winning too much the MM progressively gives you worse teammates or it stabilizes your teammates MMR while giving you stronger opponents. This goes on until you lose a game and after that the MM will continuosly give you that kind of teammates until your winrate returns to 50-53%, causing +5 or even +10win/loss streaks. This is not natural 50% winrate.

Exactly if Blizz left it up to chance and just put you will equally skilled players you wouldn't see too many 50% winrates.