playing ranked for 6 hours, no wins

Competitive Discussion
06/23/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Werbs713
You do realize that the only constant in all those games is you right?

Any time you get 3 losses in a row, watch all 3 of the replays to see what you did wrong. That is unless all the games were super close and came down to one late game team fight. When then it might be worth a watch.

There very least that will happen if you do that is that you won't tilt and lose every game for 6 hours straight.

Why do people always think they're clever for saying things like "the only constant in all your losses is you LOL"? Matches are more complex than "oh yea well you happened to be on the losing team each time so it must be you!".

it's well documented that loss streaks can happen without you being able to do much about it. In QM at least you can get lucky with a better comp. in draft modes, getting bad teammates can mean losing the second you get to draft because someone thinks they can first pick butcher and not get immediately counter drafted or some other nonsense.

This isn't taking into account that weekend HOTS is atrocious in ALL game modes.
06/23/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Werbs713
06/23/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Blackguarde

So how does this theory work when you have one or no deaths, but top hero damage across both teams?

Hero damage means nothing if it doesn't lead to kills.

Nazeebo can build frogs, go against a Stukov, and do nothing but pad his stats and Stukov's healing.
Kills mean nothing if your team don't push.

Stukov's at low level games predominantly don't pick the far superior healing build. Nazeebo will win easy or be very bad in stats padding with Stukov healing every 15+1 seconds.

Also, Zul'jin can go up against Chen and do nothing but pad his stats, but in the end... O wait, that's actually a really good strategy...
06/23/2018 04:59 PMPosted by GuttedSwine
been playing ranked for the past 6 hours, not a single win. i was plat 4 now im about to hit gold 2

And that's why you don't play when tilted.
06/23/2018 05:06 PMPosted by GuttedSwine
06/23/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Wraithdagger
Why did you think this was a good idea? It's the weekend.

lol is it really that bad?

It's been that bad for YEARS now. Nothing new. Now that you know, look for "this game is really bad on the weekend" posts every weekend for years to come.

Don't play on weekend or you risk your account. Realize that a bronze, silver, gold, plat/diamond on the weekend is generally and realistically about 2 or 3 leagues higher than they should be. These are players that don't play as much as everyone else so their boosted accounts (courtesy of blizzards no noob left behind program) take much longer to fall through to where they should be.

If you must make play on weekend, just make a garbage alt account and play that way. Enjoy whatever you can get out of this game.
When I use to play HL if I even lost 3 games in a row I would take a step back and either do something else or play with friends. I couldn't imagine trying to tilt myself for 6 hours straight.
If I lose a lot of games in a row I know I'm playing worse than I should be, so I stop.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So how does this theory work when you have one or no deaths, but top hero damage across both teams?

Nazeebo can build frogs, go against a Stukov, and do nothing but pad his stats and Stukov's healing.

I could do 99% damage to 4 heroes and a Genji comes up and finishes the 4 kills and in your logic, Genji is the one who won the game. GTFOH.

Damage absolutely counts, kills just means you clicked 500 milliseconds faster. Not that you have mad skills.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I could do 99% damage to 4 heroes and a Genji comes up and finishes the 4 kills and in your logic, Genji is the one who won the game. GTFOH.

Damage absolutely counts, kills just means you clicked 500 milliseconds faster. Not that you have mad skills.

Damage lead to kills, thus the damage was meaningful.
There's no competitive, no MMR, nothing. Blizzard have been lying all along. They just put random people in each rank to have enough.
Try my tactic.
Play max to 2 losses per day. It works for me.
take a break lol
06/23/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Blackguarde

So basically you are pointing out the OP's point? If I have no deaths and top hero damage across both teams, yet the enemy team just isn't dying - well guess what?
Did your winrate is still over 50%? If this is the case, you will be losing more.

Forced 50% rule bb.
06/23/2018 04:59 PMPosted by GuttedSwine
been playing ranked for the past 6 hours, not a single win. i was plat 4 now im about to hit gold 2

As you lose games your mmr and PRA go down and Blizzard ques you with other players on a similar path. In contrast, when you win multiple games in a row you may be placed on a winning team for a few matches, but eventually they will put you in the losers bracket to see if you really "deserve" to rank up. Basically if you go on either a winning or losing streak you will be placed with the worst teammates possible. The goal of blizzard is to keep everyone at a 50% win ratio and to allow those who have spent a lot of time on the game to rank up. It has nothing to do with skill and mmr is imaginary.
06/24/2018 01:09 AMPosted by UncleGanon
06/23/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Werbs713
You do realize that the only constant in all those games is you right?

Any time you get 3 losses in a row, watch all 3 of the replays to see what you did wrong. That is unless all the games were super close and came down to one late game team fight. When then it might be worth a watch.

There very least that will happen if you do that is that you won't tilt and lose every game for 6 hours straight.

Why do people always think they're clever for saying things like "the only constant in all your losses is you LOL"? Matches are more complex than "oh yea well you happened to be on the losing team each time so it must be you!".

it's well documented that loss streaks can happen without you being able to do much about it. In QM at least you can get lucky with a better comp. in draft modes, getting bad teammates can mean losing the second you get to draft because someone thinks they can first pick butcher and not get immediately counter drafted or some other nonsense.

This isn't taking into account that weekend HOTS is atrocious in ALL game modes.

There is a very good YouTube video by NotParadox explaining this.

Many people climb through all your woes.

At the end of the day if you can't climb it's not the system, you just aren't that good.

It's really simple.
Welcome to Hero League aka hell.
When you downvote cause ya bad :g
06/23/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Lightning
06/23/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Wraithdagger
Why did you think this was a good idea? It's the weekend.

This. I don't touch HL with a thousand foot pole during the weekend.
I learned this the hard way over a year ago myself. Both weekends and holidays are when the game sees an influx of the ultra casual player.
06/23/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Werbs713
My win rate actually goes up on the weekends, because the games are actually easier.

Weekends bring chaos.

Some enjoy easy games. Some are on the other side of that easy game.

The MMR is way off on the weekend and the crap shoot is bigger.
If you lose 1 game in Hero League, take a break from ranked or play other modes until the next day, you will be surprised that sooner or later winstreaks will happen. GL and HF
06/23/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Closure
Wins should be handed out, not earned

you cant carry in hots.