A permanent fix for account suspension

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
07/03/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Damager

Haven't you watched Star Wars? Controlling your anger is tough, man.

I think people who get upset about in game chat are honestly less forgivable. You pick bad heroes, play badly, ignore pings all game, feed relentlessly and then when someone tells you to quit being garbage you go crying to Blizzard that people are being mean to you. Most of the times I ask people to stop doing something it's because they've done a ton of terrible things all game and it gets to a point where I feel like I need to help them play their hero or we will lose. Typically I'm saying things like "follow pings", "don't split right now", "back up your teammates" and people take this kinda thing as being flamed.

If someone talks trash to me and that's the worst thing they did all game I'm a pretty happy guy. Mostly because this doesn't really happen and people don't talk trash to me. Mostly because I'm playing well and helping them with the things they're doing.

In the last year I can count the amount of times I've been flamed in game on one hand but I've lost track of the amount of clueless people I've had to suffer through games with. So if getting flamed on the regular is a legitimate problem for you - Blizzard shouldn't fix it you should by listening to the messages you're being given.
I can't comment, I'm silenced for 7 days.
06/30/2018 10:40 AMPosted by BASICALLY1V5
I want the option to voluntarily concede my ability to chat in game, so i cannot get suspended anymore. I know you can disable it in social menu but if im especially annoyed in the game i am tempted to turn it on.

Let me consign my chat privileges so i can stop being punished by a terrible system. Give me my own icon for voluntary silence. Not the one people get for being reported. People discriminate against it and i want one that will be noticably different.

You would be surprised how many people will concede their chat privileges.

Yes please.
07/15/2018 07:59 PMPosted by TheDarkArmy
3 months and I bet you deserve it.

07/15/2018 07:44 PMPosted by MeeshKeesh
Can someone tell me how long the next suspension period will be after being suspended for 2 weeks and so on?

Curious since i might get suspended by this trash system again.

Or you could have said 3 months. "Bet you deserve it" is unnecessary to type like the rest of your posts.
I really would like to see a Blizzard mod comment on this thread i think they need to see the reality that the game as come and give some advice and tell the players if Blizzard is doing something concerning to this issue instead of blindly ban everyone. I know i overreact and that lead me to get suspended but It was a reaction and for every reaction there was to be an action . Im not saying that Blizzard should ban trolls or feeders or AFKS out of the game I think Blizzard has the obligation to get to a midpoint between banning people and improve gameplay to all community. Of course when the things is severe like life threats or other major problem the report should be manual and send proofs like the replay hosnestly i dont care if the review of that would take a month , at least it was reviewed.
True the current Silence system/Reporting System is the worst piece of garbage to come to online gaming. However, it is only a symptom of a MUCH bigger issue...

The MMR and Matchmaking system is so completely broken at this point. This leads to frustration for veteran players that get teamed with or against players that only have a fraction of the experience that do. Even if you chat politely or use comms, most DO NOT even understand the terms "safe", "need 10", "soak bot" or "poke" because they simply DO NOT have the MOBA experience let alone HoTS experience to even begin to understand BASIC terminology for quick and easy team communication. This leads to anger and frustration and then the comms break down into rantings of insults and scoldings until everyone is muting everyone and reporting each other too.

Fixing this obviously isn't a 100% solution but it certainly is a good 70-80% way of improving the HoTS Ranked experience.
Hy,

i'm suspended for 2 week's from now on thank's to brother who played HOTS and wrote in chat in my name. I know he deserves it but not me...

It's ok to be reported but it's not correct to be reported for any other reason that you did not even make.
I could just play the game and report my teammates every time not even know about it.

I was also reported for not even doing anything so if you get reported one time and you sit in this train how can you even get out if you can be reported for no reason or for such things as picking a bad talent or only for playing bad...
I was silenced two times and now suspened after the 3rd report....
Players not even trying to help each other or enjoy the game they just go in game and spamm if you lose at the end ok i report you and you and you aswell...

LOSE IS PART OF THE GAME

Blizzard should switch to a warning system first and not banning ppl right away or at least show us the reasons and send pictures about it.

After this im just scared to go back to play what if i get reported again on the first day on 3rd of August and get banned again for no reason because the game is full with players who do nothing just reporting everyone...
I do not type a single word in public chat channels. Only in party chat with my friends.

Not. A. Single. Word.

If people join voice chat, which they often do in Masters HL, then I happily communicate.

I will not type a single word. In QM/UD, which I've virtually quit, I won't even join voice chat.

In QM/UD especially, you're likely to be matched with people 3 or more leagues away from you. That sort of vast difference in skill will inevitably lead to disagreements (not toxicity, mind you) and that will lead to reports.

No thank you.

Playing your game less, playing fewer game modes, and communicating far less.

Is this what you wanted, Blizzard? Please look at your metrics, if you have any. And see what you've created.
Blizzard is trying hard to kill HotS with automated report system. I don't want to play HotS if there is a risk that my account can get suspended for silly matters.
I really love that Blizzard still hasn't really responded to the toxicity of the report system in any of the threads bringing up valid criticisms of it. Yet in every thread where someone compliments the HOTS art team, a Dev is always there to say thanks.
07/01/2018 01:31 AMPosted by Plutia
Permanent fix to account suspension is to not do anything that would get you suspended in the first place. If you have a problem with chat, you need to work on it .

Every single thing you could possibly type that isn't flowery praise is reportable now. Ask someone in a 4-man to stop diving 1v5 and effectively suiciding over and over, you just got 4 reports against you.

07/01/2018 04:21 PMPosted by SloboLaggins
It's kind of sad that people legit would rather not have the ability to chat in the game because of how busted the system is. HoTS is a game that is far more team based than other MOBAs so its silly that not speaking to your team is the safest thing to do for your account.

HOTS is also a game where the worst player on the team determines the outcome of the match, and if you happen to ask the worst player on the team to modify their behavior; you're going to get banned.
06/30/2018 11:30 AMPosted by MetalDtector
It's a nice idea in theory, but now trolls have switched to reporting you for "afk/nonparticipation" when they don't like your hero pick, username, playstyle or the fact they lost the game.

What the hell happened, to this game? I haven't played it, in months, and I have times where I miss it....but after reading stuff like this, I can't bring myself to play it again.

But hey, twitch numbers are up! I'm sure that's all they care about, in the end, too. That whole *make the game more fun to watch* idea, is kicking this game in the balls.
07/20/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Vuldur
06/30/2018 11:30 AMPosted by MetalDtector
It's a nice idea in theory, but now trolls have switched to reporting you for "afk/nonparticipation" when they don't like your hero pick, username, playstyle or the fact they lost the game.

What the hell happened, to this game? I haven't played it, in months, and I have times where I miss it....but after reading stuff like this, I can't bring myself to play it again.

It's basically Soviet Russia now. If you draw the ire of someone, they can report you to the KGB and have you sent off to Siberia for basically nothing. The report system is now a system for bullying, plain and simple. Let me reiterate this so it's clear as day: Blizzard is encouraging, enabling, and providing effective tools for cyber-bullying.
Every single thing you could possibly type that isn't flowery praise is reportable now. Ask someone in a 4-man to stop diving 1v5 and effectively suiciding over and over, you just got 4 reports against you.

You're wrong about this. Even flowery praise is reportable. What you say doesn't matter. If you type in chat at all, you can be reported for "abusive" chat.

If you try to appeal, an underpaid employee will just send you a copy-paste reply and uphold the ban, or at the most look into your chat logs, find a single instance you said "sh#t!" or said you thought a decision was bad, then uphold your ban.
I have been saying this exact same thing for years. Ever since my first ban in the alpha. Ever since first starting out in League of Legends. I will be perfectly happy removing my in game chat just to avoid being falsely banned because a bunch of emotionally crippled children without fathers got their feelings hurt because I didn't play to their low standards.
How long, or how can you get your Acc back from suspension, when does suspension expire?? Or Bliz are just too retarded to read your side of story and noone gives a f** what you think.
06/30/2018 10:40 AMPosted by BASICALLY1V5
I want the option to voluntarily concede my ability to chat in game, so i cannot get suspended anymore.

The option to not say mean things in chat already exists. It is called self restraint. Most humans come with it pre-installed. Maybe you need a firmware upgrade?
I have been playin Blizzard games since the release of the original Warcraft. I am older and I do not troll. I only play games for fun and mute people who are trolling. My ancient account was just suspended for the first time. I don't know why I got suspended but it seems ridiculous that this could happen. They wont let me on for a week so I will just stop playing.

FYI
after the ranking system was changed to starcraft style...more trolls and smurfs happened.... 2.0 was the end of this game...stop ruining the game blizzard...
07/01/2018 01:19 AMPosted by UncleGanon
the best solution would be to make silences ONLY occur due to extreme circumstances like repeated slurs and straight up harassment AND consistent reports. there is no reason to have a mute system if any kind of chat that can be reviewed as offensive is silence worthy.

The consistent reporting is the problem and the zero fall off of it it eventually builds up and you gone so the more you play the quicker you leave