Alextrazza Issue

Hero and Skin Suggestions
Sorry, Can someone fill me in on whats the deal with Alextrazza?

Is it her face or body, cause i dont really see any problems with it, in fact she looks perfectly fine to me.... (So sorry if I spelled her name wrong) ehehehe....
I just saw it in the other threads, it seems to be her body, like really???

Im quite surprised!!! Cause I thought that kind of body type is more accepted now... oh well guess you cant please everyone.....
The problem with her is that people are wondering where she got yoga pants and how she got so thick. Don't let them pretend like it's not.
07/07/2018 10:36 AMPosted by CVA
Sorry, Can someone fill me in on whats the deal with Alextrazza?

Is it her face or body, cause i dont really see any problems with it, in fact she looks perfectly fine to me.... (So sorry if I spelled her name wrong) ehehehe....

Peoples problem is that she looks to large compared to WoW. In WoW she looks kinda skinny (course only the Kel'tarin and Pandarian females look like they know what food is in WoW) and in Heroes she looks like she has done nothing but eat sense losing her Aspect powers
Ahh ok Thank you!!
In WoW Alextraza had body type like Valeera in Heroes. A lot of people liked her classic look. When she was announsed people expected her to be like she always was. But Blizzard made her completely different and expectations of her fans were betrayed. Its not about bad look, its about different look. Blizzard can go with Mei to add character with big body but not 90's magasine model slim queen blood elf Alextrasa. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/7/7b/Alex_Wotlk.png/revision/latest?cb=20150401131606
funniest thing is that players want her lore friendly appearance as skin. They don't need to "delete" how she looks now. Who likes her that way can have her. But those who knows lore want her to look like blood elf (Sylvanas & Valeera). I saw even picture shared by BLIZZ that showed human model for Alex. But that's it. Blood or High Elf doesn't share same proportions as human.

"High elves stand slightly taller than humans do. A high elf is usually a little over 6 feet in height and weighs between 100 to 175 pounds, depending on gender."

Her lore friendly skin would be great. I don't see reason to "delete" her appearance as she is now, But it would be only fair to see her lore friendly skin. Diablo has both. So why not she?
The reason she was skinny in WoW was because they just re purposed a blood elf model to make the character.

That doesn't mean that she has to be a noodle in HOTS as well, I have zero issues with her look right now and I actually like it more than that scantily clad WoW look.
Look on the brightside. At least she ain't getting that Lucoa skin.
07/11/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Avelier
The reason she was skinny in WoW was because they just re purposed a blood elf model to make the character.

That doesn't mean that she has to be a noodle in HOTS as well, I have zero issues with her look right now and I actually like it more than that scantily clad WoW look.

https://s.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2008/07/aabt-alexstrasza.jpg
Her armor is reskin, but before that model she had normal model of blood elf. It's because she was written to look like that. It's in lore. Nobody want her modet in hots remove. We just want lore friendly skin.
Whitemane is now in hots with new creative design. Yet she is from same universe (WoW) as Alexstrasza.

In WoW humans are smaller, and their body is near the body of human in real world.
High/Blood Elf is taller than human, and much thinner than.

Hots managed to creat two high/blood elf (Sylvanas & Valeera with elf body with enough differences). Alex in lore has her humanoid appearance as high elf. Yet hots created her by WoW's standards as half human half dwarf. (by human standars she is ok, but Alex is not human)
I understand that hots don't have lore, but ithas voice lines that are mostly lore friendly to games they belong to. Wich is why same race from same game should have similar body. Wich they don't have. Why is one elf much bigger than other two and even more than human wich should be bigger than elf.
https://ibb.co/eKZktz

I do understand that she would probably look almost same as Sylvanas so why they didn't use her old dress? https://ibb.co/nq7oDz with her face https://ibb.co/hJy3Dz instead of Zarya's with longer eyebrow.

I know it takes time o creat something like that, but they could be creative yet still be lore friendly.
Nobody needs her model that is now in game to be deleted. All that hots should do is give us her lore friendly skin. With her face and elf body. her armor is something that doesn't matter that much.
main issue is that people were attached to the stickyfigure model she had before, which was a borrowed model. someone linked a passage from a novel but iirc the words predate her wow appearance and are fairly vague in lacking unique destrictors - to which its not like characters havent changed or used borrowes models before either (such as tyrande and sylvanas)

lorewise alx being based off blood elves doesnt make sense, but thats the attachment. Functionally her newer body is reminiscient of having a higher amount of estrogen, which is fitting to a degree given her emphasis on life and motherhood

the cg model from blizzcon was largely praised deapite being differnt and hots take on those details enphasize the top-down, bring out more of the cheekbones and lack distinct irises in her eyes, which influnce her expressions. Lastly, her hots movements arent as agile as th cg which stresses her “thicc” attritribites
08/02/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Xenterex
main issue is that people were attached to the stickyfigure model she had before, which was a borrowed model. someone linked a passage from a novel but iirc the words predate her wow appearance and are fairly vague in lacking unique destrictors - to which its not like characters havent changed or used borrowes models before either (such as tyrande and sylvanas)

lorewise alx being based off blood elves doesnt make sense, but thats the attachment. Functionally her newer body is reminiscient of having a higher amount of estrogen, which is fitting to a degree given her emphasis on life and motherhood

1st Alex's model before "Sylvanas' model" was blood elf. Same as Ysera uses Night Elf. It's how they wanted others to see them.

2nd Alex is dragon. If she lays eggs it's in her true dragon form. Not her humanoid appearance. She disguises herself as a mortal being in her humanoid form. So there is no matter being mother or not in her spells. If you think that human lays that huge eggs and still lives than you should think again.
Also being mother doesn't mean you have to look like this. You can be mother and still be slim, fat, tall, small or whatever..

Chromie is dragon too. Yet it doesn't mean she has to be bigger than humans in her humanoid form.

Varian is father and it does't mean he has to have daddy belly. Same is with Thrall.
Alleria is mother and she still looks like typical High Elf.

If Malorne (giant stag) can be father of Cenarius (half stag half Night Elf) and his mother was just moon and not Night Elf than huge red Dragon that lays eggs can transform into something that would show how proud she is and be it without caring about real world human "laws"
07/11/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Avelier

Lol
First of all she didnt use a Blood elf model.
Alextrazsa, Ysera and Sylvanas uses the same skeleton which is different than the blood elf.
Second of all her skinny apperance is canon considering in every book she is described as being skinny.

Alextrazsa hots model exists to please people with ''mommy'' fetishes and she doesnt even have elven ears she has in the cinematic.
I never really played wow. No idea who Alex was so my first time seeing her is in HotS. And to me, she's perfectly fine. I hope she gets some new skins soon :)
08/03/2018 03:02 AMPosted by Dreamer
She disguises herself as a mortal being in her humanoid form. So there is no matter being mother or not in her spells. If you think that human lays that huge eggs and still lives than you should think again.

estrogen hormones are present in all known vertebrate species. and aren't particular to just humans. It influences secondary traits that usually denote dimorphism between genders in a species (such as difference in size or color) If alex's humanoid form is illusionary magic, then it can appear however. If its form-shifting then other aspects of her physiology may be influenced with whatever may be going on with her native dragon form, though obviously the distinction of having mammal traits more pronounced from her lizard origins is silly.

However, if your concern is that the first model is 'how they are intended to look' then you haven't paid much attention to a number of 'first models' that were clearly filler — draenai being one of the foremost examples.

Part of the issue for 'first time' effects and historic presidence is warcraft retcons stuff all the time: the history and gender roles in night elves has vastly change, the history of elves has similar change, how religion is used in warcraft has changed, a number of species/subspecies have change; while events in characters in the books are usually canon, stuff changes as well.

Some of the particulars for alex is that her form was based on the 'elves' but given the time she'd have been dealing with mortals, she'd be unlikely to only have interacted with the 'modern' blood elves that are notably smaller and thinner than their elder forms.

If races like the elves and draenai had not had any retcons, then yes, it'd stand to reason that alex as 'intended' to be like a "high elf". However with the changes that have happened and a more keen emphasis on the distinctions of the variations of elves its better to have a unique appearance for alex. The cg model used is solid, but the simplification of design, loss of proportions, and a number of other changes to compress her for HoTS are rather dynamic by comparison.

However, its not like HoTS hasn't deviation in same way on a number of other warcraft heroes (such as tyrande) and emphasize unique silhouette features over 'canon'
Well, if she's a dragon she can take any form she desires. Human is the flavor of the month.

There. Lore problem solved.
If all the books describe her as skiny, it really does not matter how WoW made her... sometimes I feel like the creators of WoW don't put their most effort into making models.

In terms on graphics, Heroes of the Storm has better graphics than WoW's models. Recognized heroes and unique heroes should have their unique body type, with of course some race characteristic to them, but WoW recicled models already made and put them there and that was it. They even have the same animations that customs NPCs have. They are no different from NPCs aside their face/hair.

What my point is, if the books described her as a skiny they should do Alex skiny, because thats the way she was created, not because her model in WoW is like skiny.
Alextrasza in HotS is 100x better than Alex in WoW. Thicc dragon mom is best dragon mom. WoW Alex is nigh-creepy levels of skinny.