If you refuse to get on voice chat in ranked games...

Competitive Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Then you shouldn't blame your team mates for your loss. Communication gives a massive advantage. I'm sick of people blaming me or my team mates that were on voice chat trying to set up smart strategies for the victory. Their excuse is : "I don't like voice chat, it ruins my gaming experience." Then stick to AI or Quick Match. If you are not smart enough to understand the power of communication in ranked games, you should not play rank. Simple as that.
No matter how many downvotes you (and I) will get for saying this, just know that you are 100% correct.
07/09/2018 11:31 AMPosted by MasterCeddy
Then you shouldn't blame your team mates for your loss. Communication gives a massive advantage. I'm sick of people blaming me or my team mates that were on voice chat trying to set up smart strategies for the victory. Their excuse is : "I don't like voice chat, it ruins my gaming experience." Then stick to AI or Quick Match. If you are not smart enough to understand the power of communication in ranked games, you should not play rank. Simple as that.

I love it when it works, but I turn it off when the swearing starts.
yes because I want all the abuse and insults you get in text form normally blasted into my ears instead.
07/09/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Throrgrim
yes because I want all the abuse and insults you get in text form normally blasted into my ears instead.

Funny thing is, voice chat has led toxicity then typed chat.
>Blizzard considers all the players not mature enough to be able to mute someone's communication in HotS without making everyone take a **** up their *** by mob-issuing a silence penalty

>"Communication gives a massive advantage."
>Blizzard

pick one
Pretty sure you can still communicate without voice chat.
One of the things I keep track in my game data is how many allies I have in VC with me during games. Below is a link to my win rate with 0 allies in VC and with 4 allies in VC. Being in comms drastically improves your chances of winning. So like I said, you can downvote me all you want, but OP is 100% correct.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMDgkW7aqG9ZJpbAB0FBTKmPWziuGvumMGc3myY5gVY/edit?usp=sharing
I had a premade convince me to join voice earlier today. I did and some dude thinks he can command me and the rest of the team to do what he says. Okay, I try to listen for a bit and then when things started not going so well he begins raging at us until I turn it off. I usually leave all chat off in game. It's more peaceful and I can focus. Having orders barked at me and being raged at doesn't help anything. I probably won't be using that again.

In League of Legends I learned that almost nothing of value comes from chat. It only pisses me off and makes me play worse and/or begin arguing with people. I think the same generally applies here from what I've seen. I don't want to hear it. The game is much more enjoyable without any form of chat for me.
Your logic is wrong here. I’m Deaf so I can’t join voice chat sorry. Don’t expect people to join voice chat. Move on
I've seen less people use voice chat than I've seen White Castles people should at least hop in it and try to communicate. However it's not against the rules so sorry MasterCeddy you can't force them to join it no matter how much they should be in it.
07/09/2018 11:31 AMPosted by MasterCeddy
If you are not smart enough to understand the power of communication in ranked games, you should not play rank.

Uh oh, guess you shouldn't be playing ranked either because you don't understand the power of text chat and pings.

Regardless of whether a person should, you only have yourself to blame if you don't bother filling the non-voice chat person in on strategy or pings and such.

Inb4 "I shouldn't have to"
07/09/2018 12:44 PMPosted by trustmeimdoc
I had a premade convince me to join voice earlier today. I did and some dude thinks he can command me and the rest of the team to do what he says. Okay, I try to listen for a bit and then when things started not going so well he begins raging at us until I turn it off. I usually leave all chat off in game. It's more peaceful and I can focus. Having orders barked at me and being raged at doesn't help anything. I probably won't be using that again.

In League of Legends I learned that almost nothing of value comes from chat. It only pisses me off and makes me play worse and/or begin arguing with people. I think the same generally applies here from what I've seen. I don't want to hear it. The game is much more enjoyable without any form of chat for me.

Sounds like competitive team activities are not got you.
07/09/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Triforce
Your logic is wrong here. I’m Deaf so I can’t join voice chat sorry. Don’t expect people to join voice chat. Move on

I just don't believe that YOU are deaf, I believe there are players that play this game are deaf, I just feel you are lying about it.
I agree. Not getting on v chat when it's in the best interest of the team is hypocritical. How many people do not want in on v chat still moan and bch when someone doesn't pick x hero cause of team composition. If 3 people are using v chat then suck it up on get on. No different then if 3 people want you to Hanzo instead of nova first pick. It's time to follow your own rules.
Not joining chat and voice chat is the only protection against the report system that is being abused to grief people.
I would join voice chat more if it didn’t affect my game’s perfomance at all and if people actually used their mics.

Pings tend to be enough.
07/09/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Werbs713

Sounds like competitive team activities are not got you.
That's fine if you think that but I've done just fine in moba games and other team games as well. Chat in almost all of them is not really needed if you are paying attention. In my case I feel like I can focus better without conflicting and irrational orders being barked at me or kids raging.
07/09/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Werbs713
07/09/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Triforce

I just don't believe that YOU are deaf, I believe there are players that play this game are deaf, I just feel you are lying about it.

I'm actually Deaf who uses American Sign Language. Thanks for not believing me.
How about I can't join voice chat cos I don't have a mic AND I can't easily afford one cos I'm a college student...if that's also not an excuse, then it's only proof the OP is elitist and wants to drive new players away from the game.