Brightwing?

General Discussion
What if his trait heal was global, but lowered by distance? So, it currently does 112 every 4 seconds (at level 1) - what if it did 12 every 4 seconds globally, but another 100 to those within some smaller range of him?

Also, I'd bet if they internally tested brightwing's E having global range as well, they'd probably find it doesn't really break the character.

He's already sort-of supposed to be 'the global healer', yet abathur is a better global healer than brightwing, at the moment. I think it would be neat if there was one support dedicated to global sustain. Picking brightwing in such cases would also free up many other options for a solo lane pick, as well.
Such a low amount of hp every 4 sec wouldnt do anything

I think bwing is still very good. People just forget about some heroes ( see hammer who was unchanged after her rework for a while and is now meta for some reason)
Every enemy hero hit by inner circle of Arcane Flare reduce cooldown of Soothing Mist by 0,5 seconds.

All she needs.
Few things BW should definitely have via talents:
-Increased PvE damage to Q. This is one half of why all the other globals are so much better, she cannot push or even clear waves efficiently.
-Teleport to minions and mercs. The other half why other globals are better, they can get to a lane instantly after fight(and still come join fight far away like BW does).
-More offensive options, she used to be outright lane bully while now she is purely defensive character. Even her character screams for offensive(and mischief) capability.
-Talent to upgrade her E for spellarmor(it makes no sense whatsoever that she can block more physical damage than magical). Either give optional talent for spellarmor or make the talent upgrade both to 40% for example.

Just for flavor I'd love if they gave her unique talents to replace the generic ones too.
07/13/2018 05:12 AMPosted by normalice
his

WOW WOWOWOOOW, hold your horses!

Did you just assume gender?

As to your suggestion about global trait, probably worst idea I've heard lately. Passively influencing the game while youre not there is terrible design. Im sure in future a healer will enter Nexus which has a heal which amount decrease/increases based on vicinity. Changing BW into that is not needed and overcomplicates things. If BW needs more/less healing numbers, you tweak talents or baseline output. Its that simple.

07/13/2018 05:28 AMPosted by MortalWombat
Every enemy hero hit by inner circle of Arcane Flare reduce cooldown of Soothing Mist by 0,5 seconds.
Much better suggestion, having options to interplay your other abilties in your kit via synergy talents. There aren't many Q talents as it.

Personally I tend to go dust build, on demand armor with extra hps, movement speed and free jump to nearby ally is overall good value in teamfights. Both ultimates good I think and has their uses.

07/13/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Noir
More offensive options, she used to be outright lane bully while now she is purely defensive character.
This is very true, in earlier HotS days where the hero roster was much more conservative, BW had no reason not to aggressively spit at people much like LiLi plays. However lack of movement speed and defensive stuck to a single self-cast use on E, it can be too dangerous. So now BW just soaks, toss a Q middle of wave, teleport in when needed and does stuff.
Im personally voting for Q/heal interraction because thats something Blizz did in 2017 during reworks and releases - increasing skill ceiling, by offering bigger reward with aggressive, skillful and dynamic gameplay. Something I liked a lot.

Malfurion, Morales (nade build), Uther, Tyrande, Li Li etc.
They forgot about:
Brightwing (thus the suggestion)
Lucio (AAs during wall-ride decrease Amp It Up cooldown, baseline or earlier)
Kinda Rehgar, but he already had Blood&Thunder, he simply couldnt afford (mana) using it.
His global sustain is being able to port to the hero that needs healing. That's already a pretty strong niche, and it's not like she's suffering in her win rate atm.

-Increased PvE damage to Q. This is one half of why all the other globals are so much better, she cannot push or even clear waves efficiently.

She's actually one of the better wave clearers for supports. If you need extra wave clear, get unstable anomaly.

-More offensive options, she used to be outright lane bully while now she is purely defensive character. Even her character screams for offensive(and mischief) capability.

She has plenty of options, her flare talents, unstable anomaly.

-Teleport to minions and mercs. The other half why other globals are better, they can get to a lane instantly after fight(and still come join fight far away like BW does).

Having some limitations on her global seem appropriate, and considering she's a support, I think this makes even more sense to have her tethered to heroes for her Z.

-Talent to upgrade her E for spellarmor(it makes no sense whatsoever that she can block more physical damage than magical). Either give optional talent for spellarmor or make the talent upgrade both to 40% for example.

You're just making up arbitrary rules. If you need more damage mitigation from AA you pick that talent, if you don't, 25% is still pretty strong for a baseline ability on a relatively low CD that also gives run speed.
More offensive options, she used to be outright lane bully while now she is purely

Dream shot lvl1 + sticky flare lvl13 - the only way I ever play her (I also only play healing ult, so ice block is never needed). Just don't miss and you can be the most oppressive and annoying support in the game (not to mention you get a lot of kills, that would have often escaped, with that long range).
The build I typically use for BW addresses most of these concerns, and oddly I get flamed for it, which is weird because I have a 56% win rate at lv 307 with her.

Lv1 arcane flare talent...if you're landing your q''s it's a flare every second. This is nice hero damage, and I'm normally targeting whichever hero is in/nearest the minions.

Lv4 sploding squirrels...polymorph as a baby aoe damage spell brings up lane clear a lot.

Lv7 mistfield...this reduces cool down on healing for every ability used. If you're hitting your q"'s that's .5 sec per second, plus the dusting and polymorphing as well as a bonus.

This isn't the only build I use, but it's by far the most common. I can hold a lane, or even push one, against all but the best laners, and even though it looks like a "damage build", which it is, it throws my healing numbers through the roof. I can out heal most supports, even though I almost never take blink heal.
07/13/2018 08:17 AMPosted by MortalWombat
Im personally voting for Q/heal interraction because thats something Blizz did in 2017 during reworks and releases - increasing skill ceiling, by offering bigger reward with aggressive, skillful and dynamic gameplay. Something I liked a lot.

07/13/2018 08:59 AMPosted by JoeBlizzard
Lv1 arcane flare talent...if you're landing your q''s it's a flare every second. This is nice hero damage, and I'm normally targeting whichever hero is in/nearest the minions.

These have one gigantic problem though. Once you start playing vs decent players you'll never hit those Qs outside of melee range where you die instantly. It has one of the longest delays in skillshots due to the arch of the shot making it extremely easy to avoid. Even in long CC like Mosh it doesn't do much(unless you were in melee range) because of how long it takes for the shot to travel which also why nobody takes the Q talents in high level play.

She's actually one of the better wave clearers for supports. If you need extra wave clear, get unstable anomaly.

07/13/2018 08:59 AMPosted by JoeBlizzard
Lv4 sploding squirrels...polymorph as a baby aoe damage spell brings up lane clear a lot.

Even if you were best of the worst it still doesn't bring you even to mediocrity. That talent is worth less than one extra Q. If I wanted wave-clear from support it would definitely be Rehgar, Alex, Auriel, Malf or Stukov who bring ton more value over BW in general while still having almost the same wave-clear.

Having some limitations on her global seem appropriate, and considering she's a support, I think this makes even more sense to have her tethered to heroes for her Z.

Why do supports need to be reduced to braindead healbots again? Having worst global with lousy wave-clear is precisely why nobody ever picks her. There are so much better globals and better healers which leaves anti-dive as only role she is good at and even there the top supports are nearly as good. Every other global gets ton more value from their version making it just redundant to have one who can only get minimal value from her global. BW would also be paying for that via talents for both wave-clear and PvE teleport so it's not like it would be free like other globals get baseline.
This will only hurt until you die!
Once you start playing vs decent players you'll never hit those Qs outside of melee range where you die instantly.
Oh please, spare me arguments like this. Every normal game got big fat tank. Landing Qs is non-issue. Maybe its not Q that is a problem.
which also why nobody takes the Q talents in high level play.
"Nobody" take Q talents in high level play because there are only 2 and they are simply bad. Bribe and reduced cooldown on Z (which later provides her with so needed burst protection) are plain better and synergize extremely well with kit, much better than Q cd reduction.
Landing Q got nothing to do with Qtalents pickrates.
How many times does Brightwing jump to a mate and end being killed by a combo like Telekinesis-Discord Strike? The rest of supports don't need to risk that much. As I said in another tread, too often Brightwing is the second bird killed by one stone.

You can learn to anticipate enemy skills, but even with experience, there is still a luck factor that other supports don't have to deal with it.

In my opinion, Brightwing should have more protection when jumping to a friend. Phase Shield was the perfect improvement to adress this issue, but what about Blink Heal or even Emerald Wind?

I would make Pixie Dust to also be casted on yourself, like Phase Shield. So when trying to protect a mate, Brightwing is also protected.
07/13/2018 11:13 AMPosted by MortalWombat
"Nobody" take Q talents in high level play because there are only 2 and they are simply bad. Bribe and reduced cooldown on Z (which later provides her with so needed burst protection) are plain better and synergize extremely well with kit, much better than Q cd reduction.

Landing Q has everything to do with the pickrate. Level 1 Q is insanely powerful talent in theory, but it requires enemies to be full potatoes(and you also run out of mana). If you could reasonably be getting those resets it would be auto-pick talent as it would heavily swing battles, because you cannot it is trash talent. Even in the old days you couldn't hit them in reasonable enough manner let alone with the hyper mobility that's running amock and overall heavily increased mobility within the game. Even the ultimate fatties like Stitches, KT and Azmo can dodge the Q at ease, that's just how slow the projectile is.
07/13/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Noir

Landing Q has everything to do with the pickrate. Level 1 Q is insanely powerful talent in theory, but it requires enemies to be full potatoes(and you also run out of mana). If you could reasonably be getting those resets it would be auto-pick talent as it would heavily swing battles, because you cannot it is trash talent. Even in the old days you couldn't hit them in reasonable enough manner let alone with the hyper mobility that's running amock and overall heavily increased mobility within the game. Even the ultimate fatties like Stitches, KT and Azmo can dodge the Q at ease, that's just how slow the projectile is.

It's a really useful talent when capting objectives. You can keep interrupting from far away while the team is fighting.
WOW WOWOWOOOW, hold your horses!

Did you just assume gender?

brightwing is factually a girl. i couldnt even read the OP past the declaration that BW was male. it was too disengaging.

..and if you want proof of gender you can look in-game.

Talent: Pixie Charm -- "Each time Brightwing heals an allied hero with soothing mist, she gains a stack of bribe."
Once you start playing vs decent players you'll never hit those Qs outside of melee range where you die instantly.
Oh please, spare me arguments like this. Every normal game got big fat tank. Landing Qs is non-issue. Maybe its not Q that is a problem.
which also why nobody takes the Q talents in high level play.

this is y bw could use a decent rework. open up bw options. take away bribe from bw, a support should not have bribe. blizz killed the z to shield long ago, saying something about it was too strong. now bw is basically a poly+speed buffer.
BW needs to get unstoppable when landing her Z. Not for her target, just for her. You basically just invite an aoe cc like RoF when you tele since they know where you are going to land.

She also needs to have the second blink baseline, even if you remove the heal from it. Just something so you can actually heal and not die.

Either way shes not in a bad state, but those would address some issues she has.
07/13/2018 01:24 PMPosted by iway
blizz killed the z to shield long ago, saying something about it was too strong.

They did not kill Z build. Its still the most popular build. All they did was remove the cheese play from it of taking damage and using self heal to reset cd.
She's not that good atm