So, we're gonna wait 8 weeks for next hero?

General Discussion
07/21/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Xenterex
First item: I'm not defending the devs, I'm challenging your assertion that you claim as "fact" to which, you thus far having to look up the information and find out your claim was inaccurate pretty much already demonstrates you're spouting bias and pretending its objective.

Yeah, my claim was inaccurate. We were not getting reworks with every hero release, but I also provided some information which you didn't care to check (it seems), as we were always getting at least 1 retune with every hero release. And 2 times during the year we got 1 hero release + 4 reworks, and 1-ce 1 hero release + 5 reworks. And the average amount of reworks we were getting over time was higher than it is now. Although, yeah, this year we've had more retunes than last year - 12 + 4 vs 8 + 7. So 16 changes last year vs 15 this one, and bigger part of the changes last year was more significant.

While this time you at least qualified the terms of how you view changes, what you propose for figures is based more on your assertion or 'feeling' of how you want to interpret the figures, rather than the jargon expressed in dev notes or used by blues.
Yeah.. you'll rarely see the notes saying stuff like "this was a rework, this was a retune". They mostly say why did they make the changes, and what they were trying to a achieve. But well, this year's Malthael and Gul'Dan changes weren't in a "rework" patch, so they must've been retunes, right? And they didn't seem significant enough for reworks anyways. But yeah... as long as the devs don't lable the changes themselves, there will always be place for interpretation. I had to do the labling myself out of necessity rather than out of convenience.

07/21/2018 04:53 AMPosted by SpikeTrap
I can't fully defend the Blizz devs as it does often seem their priorities are in the wrong place, but sometimes it hard to see exactly what devs are truly doing behind the scenes. So I guess I tend to be a tad bit more lenient? Or give some of them the benefit of the doubt? Call it either a personal character strength or a personal character flaw depending on who you ask.
Yeah, if only they told us what are they working on instead of reworks and hero releases, it would've been better. But they don't say a thing. They just had this 1 interview, where they said they'll keep working hard, but will shift their priorities. And so far we've seen less heroes and less reworks, but nothing in return. If they can't deliver it soon, they can at least give us some hints, so it doesn't seem they are just slacking (not saying they are, saying that this is how it seems).

My concern here isn't the devs, its people riling themselves up over lies. You want want to consider that before pretending people who disagree with you have to do so to be shills or whiteknights or whatever else the stupid crap you have to tell yourself to ignore pertinent information that doesn't suit you.
It's not lies. But if someone doesn't believe, they can check the patch notes from the last year and a half too, and make a list themselves. I doubt it will be so much different than mine. Maybe Chromie's rework could be labeled a retune, or Malthael's retune be labeled as a rework, and the balance will shift a bit, but the total number of changes will remain the same, and last year will still have more than this year does :P
You've been spoiled if you think 8 weeks is a long time to wait for a new character. Being inundated with characters every 3 weeks was entertaining to some degree but not balanced in the least. It'd be 2 weeks of complaints of how under or over powered a character is and a week of them trying to nerf or buff. Is it that most people who are complaining are the ones who have all or most of the heroes and are somehow bored with the large roster you have now, one more isn't going to make you happy, that sound more like some sort of an addictive issue. And those of you who don't, the f you complaining about? New characters constantly upsetting the balance every 3 weeks for the past 3 or 4 years is a lot of work that can used to create better balance patches looking into matchmaking, creating new maps or skins. More time to work on new characters may show better quality in those designs rather than a rushed product. And their are a lot of characters that could use a few reworks, overall creating a more refined gaming experience for everyone. You'll get your heroes eventually, but at some point they stop.
Running out of heroes to cry about already?
07/21/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Hexi
Running out of heroes to cry about already?
Seems like the forum scrubs need something new to whine about for 2 weeks.
Blizzard says a lot of things. The issue is that only the BAD things that they say seem to come true.

ie: We are going to start banning people for being meanies in chat - Came true. They have now started straight up banning players for swearing.

We are going to slow down hero releases - Came True - went from 4 weeks to 8

The GOOD stuff they promise, DOESN'T come true.

- We are going to release Performance Based MMR! - Broke the entire game and sent thousands of players from Plat to Master in 10 games. Removed after a week and never seen again

- We are going to prolong this season until July so that we can implement some match making changes to help improve game quality! - Queue times were not increased as promised, the match maker saw absolutely no positive improvements, and they somehow managed to break QM so that it didn't even check for team comps anymore.

- We test all hero reworks and releases in PTR and make adjustments before going live - Blatant lie. Yrel was underpowered in PTR, released underpowered, then left for 2+ weeks, then over tuned... and now left over-tuned.

Raynor was underpowered for 3 years. Then BROKEN in PTR. Saw dozens of vids from different youtube personalities saying he was broken in PTR. Went live in Broken state. 60%+ global win rate - ignored for 2 weeks... would expect it to be longer.

I mean I can't back them up any longer, I really can't. They made the last season almost 6 weeks longer to ensure the next season would have improved match making and it looks like they did LITERALLY NOTHING new. They broke QM... and the matches are still equally awful. Every time I queue on my main account which is very high MMR in UR and HL, I get INSTANTLY queued in under 40 seconds into an UR game with 4 golds vs 5 diamonds.

That isn't enjoyable. You spent 6 extra weeks doing nothing.
07/21/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Reaper
You've been spoiled if you think 8 weeks is a long time to wait for a new character. Being inundated with characters every 3 weeks was entertaining to some degree but not balanced in the least. It'd be 2 weeks of complaints of how under or over powered a character is and a week of them trying to nerf or buff. Is it that most people who are complaining are the ones who have all or most of the heroes and are somehow bored with the large roster you have now, one more isn't going to make you happy, that sound more like some sort of an addictive issue. And those of you who don't, the f you complaining about? New characters constantly upsetting the balance every 3 weeks for the past 3 or 4 years is a lot of work that can used to create better balance patches looking into matchmaking, creating new maps or skins. More time to work on new characters may show better quality in those designs rather than a rushed product. And their are a lot of characters that could use a few reworks, overall creating a more refined gaming experience for everyone. You'll get your heroes eventually, but at some point they stop.

I have most of the heroes and I don't complain that new hero releases aren't so often. I'm fine with that! I think Blizzard should focus on fixing this game's problems. Why should they fix anything?! Well for starters if they won't fix current issues, especially the one with their update agent, then I won't be interested to buy anything from them. It's all nice that they release new content often, but if they'll just keep releasing new content and ignore current game's problems then all those in bundle only items they can keep to themselves!

I wonder if those, who complain about slow new hero releases, would better like that new hero comes out every week or every 2 weeks, which would lead this game faster to the point where Blizzard doesn't have a new hero, which they could release and that also could mean this game is closer to the point of it's shut down.
Why make new heroes when they can just make new skins.

Kids will buy whatever is put in front of them in this game, and that's all the big B cares about here, is money.
07/20/2018 12:47 PMPosted by LX2

I’d rather them fix current heroes than waste time oversaturating the game with new heroes. I mean, a new hero every few months really isn’t that bad.

I'd prefer new heroes over fixing old ones. On one side to keep some sense of excitement and on the other, because if a hero needs fixing or not is kind of debatable. For example me, as a casual player, never saw any need for a Raynor or Azmodan rework, because I thought both were fine was they were.

And persoannly, I don't want this game to became as slow as Overwatch, when it comes to releasing new heroes.
07/21/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Nino
07/20/2018 12:47 PMPosted by LX2

I’d rather them fix current heroes than waste time oversaturating the game with new heroes. I mean, a new hero every few months really isn’t that bad.

I'd prefer new heroes over fixing old ones. On one side to keep some sense of excitement and on the other, because if a hero needs fixing or not is kind of debatable. For example me, as a casual player, never saw any need for a Raynor or Azmodan rework, because I thought both were fine was they were.

And persoannly, I don't want this game to became as slow as Overwatch, when it comes to releasing new heroes.

I think a lot of new releases also have much better designs to them.
A lot of early heroes had bad designs, where the only hero I think released in the past year that had a bad design was Ana.

I would rather more frequent new releases that have good kits then reworking old heroes with garbage kits that a rework will not fix their design flaws.
07/20/2018 03:23 AMPosted by Nakazawa
Focus of Blizzard clearly is skins now. Looks like they want to milk that game as long at it lasts.

yeah, 2 new skins with 8 palette swaps. 2400 shards each.
Yoo Hoo!
07/20/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Werbs713
07/20/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Akasut
Yrel came out June 12th. We have passed 5 weeks this week and yet no teasers, making me believe teasers are coming next week instead? That would be 6 weeks. One week PTR following the teaser-week, that would be 7 weeks and then release 7th of August for total of 8 weeks apart. Lets be generous and shave off one week... that is still 7 weeks.

Before: 3-4 weeks.
Now: 7-8 weeks.

Gotta love the new direction the ship is sailing.

Gotta love the new direction the ship is sinking. Fixed that for you.

07/21/2018 11:19 PMPosted by 완벽한영웅한조
yeah, 2 new skins with 8 palette swaps. 2400 shards each.
Yoo Hoo!

I feel the game took a major turn for the worse this year right after February's 'Developer Update Q&A'.

Spreading out Hero releases, reworks, and skin/themed drops from how it's been over the last couple of years so they can "really have a moment to shine" and players can "recognize that they came into the game" apparently = almost half the Hero releases (7+ weeks apart), even fewer reworks, and a ton more skins/mounts
Prior to 2.0 this game kicked out content like crazy.

Now it just feels lazy.

Despite having more time, The new character models and skins are of worse quality than older models and skins. They aren't even adding physics based clothing, hair and trinkets anymore.

Look at maeiv, then go look at warden Tyrande and rotate the characters.

Maievs moderl is underpolished, static with zero implemented physics. They didn't even line her outfit with her traditional knives. However all of these are present on warden tyrande.

So I have to ask what the devs are doing with all this extra time they have to work on these heroes.

As far as I'm concerned it looks like they're sitting on it and giving us very little to shoe for it.

Or building a big plaster middle finger to the community out of all the money they've made.

Prior to 2.0 heroes came out with their base skin, their master skin, and at least 1 extra skin. Now they come out with their base skin and 1 extra skin. They're actually giving less.