QM Solo isn´t fun at all.

General Discussion
First off.
I really like HotS, it's one of my favorite games and I dont want to see it dying.
And I dont want to be offensive or something. I just want to set things clear.

So, everytime I play a round QM, I get a bunch of actual retards as teammates.
The other team of course works like a unit.
So, how on earth did the devs manage to ruin something so hard?
Before this MM patch it was actual playable, teams were kinda good but not as bad as they are now. Yeah, being always 2 - 3 levels behind the enemy because someone goes into the enemy team like "YOLO" is so much fun the only thing thats even more fun is uninstalling.

Its just not funny and games anymore, this is outright frustrating.
So no wounder why people stop playing the game if the MM in every mode is just broken.

Blizzard needs to do something and it should be happening soon or the whole game is doomed.
So play the team based game with your friends instead of solo...? Seems easy and simple enough solution.
First off.
So, everytime I play a round QM, I get a bunch of actual retards as teammates.
The other team of course works like a unit.
So, how on earth did the devs manage to ruin something so hard?
Before this MM patch it was actual playable, teams were kinda good but not as bad as they are now. Yeah, being always 2 - 3 levels behind the enemy because someone goes into the enemy team like "YOLO" is so much fun the only thing thats even more fun is uninstalling.

[/quote]
What? It's the devs fault that one of your member as you claim played poor?
I understand your frustration, the thing about QM with a group is you get to create that group. If you have a 4 or 5 man you can make a good comp, verses one that QM (usually terribly) places together. It does give an advantage. Not to mention team speak. yes i know its an optoin, but its rarely used with a team tossed together.
I have ~3k QM mmr. If I try to play QM solo, both teams will have approx. 2.7k mmr average.

However, the way this average "mmr balancing" is achieved is by giving me far worse teammates than my opponents. So it's one ringer (me) and 4 omega potatoes (my teammates) vs 5 decent potatoes/Diamonds.

This means that I have to carry every single match. That limits what I can reasonably play in QM. Also, it means that if I'm ever doing something smart that is outside of the comprehension range of Gold leaguers, I get blamed and often reported. Didn't join the 4v5 fight invading their bruiser camp when our ults are down? I get blamed for not joining the fight. Yeah, no thanks.

So I've stopped playing QM. I only play 1 QM to warm up for HL.

It's Quick Match not Quality Match. Do yourself a favor and stop playing that game mode.

The only semblance of quality games in HotS is in HL, or in UR if you play as a 5 stack.
Well, yeah. That's why you go play it with a bunch of mates.

I mean, you don't just go bowling or play laser tag or golf or whatever solo. The fun in bowling or laser tag or golf is doing it with mates.

Blizzard needs to do something and it should be happening soon or the whole game is doomed.

Blizzard needs to find you friends?
"Blizzard needs to find you friends?'

Reading comprehension. The post is about SOLO QM. Not "play with my mates" QM.

Not play with my friends in HL.

It's SOLO. Reading is both fun and fundamental.
Simple answer is to stop playing this game. Blizzard doesnt care about you or your frustration with quickmatch. In fact these forums, the OFFICIAL place to get help from blizzard are ignored in favor of reddit where they can ban you for saying anything negative about hots. Dont expect things to change, because they wont. Dont expect to be heard because they dont read these forums.
07/21/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Hufflepuffed
I understand your frustration, the thing about QM with a group is you get to create that group. If you have a 4 or 5 man you can make a good comp, verses one that QM (usually terribly) places together. It does give an advantage. Not to mention team speak. yes i know its an optoin, but its rarely used with a team tossed together.

And then guess what, you've just ruined the experience for the other team perpetuating the issues with QM and parties ruining that experience.

1) Not everyone can find people that can play on their level that will want to play regularly.

2) This game doesn't even give you the tools to do that. There are no clans / guilds or anything like that outside of custom chat channels and even then, anyone can join them at their leisure.

So while yes, you can queue together with friends and give yourself the advantage, you'd just snowballed the issue even larger by adding yet one more party to the queue making the other solo players on the other side of the match miserable along the way.
It's dangerous to go alone. Take this

Justicefou#1476 ( I play on US Central servers)
Playing on teams is like cheating. You probably can only win this way. 1v9 alway for me. You have to carry noobs to be a real man.
Solo QM is peoples first impression of the game, always good for business to make a good first impression.
07/22/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Syovar

Fully agreeing. Giving an off-topic response is just not helpful.

07/22/2018 09:43 AMPosted by gh0st
However, the way this average "mmr balancing" is achieved is by giving me far worse teammates than my opponents. So it's one ringer (me) and 4 omega potatoes (my teammates) vs 5 decent potatoes/Diamonds.

I for my part am often trying to at least lead/guide somehow allies. Trying to explain that we won't win this match if we won't do sth. different now. But it just feels whenever I try explain sth. it will be ignored, not read or too many people turned off the chat. In the past people were communicating more than they do right now. I recently experience a very very rare chat usage or at least less than it used to be several months ago.
Typical ignored chat warnings are:
- "Soak now, else we won't be able to survive the next objective or they will snowball us"
- "We don't have the depushing to take back towers(ToD map) all day long, we got to fight them at their pushing attempt."
- "We lack DPS.", sometimes followed by "Don't focus the tank", because this is simply a stupid combination and an easy way to lose every teamfight.
- Lv 20 vs 19(enemy) or 5 allies alive, 4 enemies dead: "Do sth. now, don't waste time." and doing some random crap but not capitalizing on an advantage, giving the enemies another chance to beat us

Such situations are just awfully frustrating if exact such advices are given but are totally ignored. Also I miss a bit the shot caller. It often feels like the enemies always have one, but in my team I rarely experience this(being the shot caller doesn't work what you might read out of my explanation top). I'm supporting quite many games recently and even often follow allies into death even though I always say to myself "I don't support stupidy".
If solo QM isn't fun, why do you do it? I agree, solo QM sucks, which is why I almost NEVER queue with any fewer than 2 other people. If nobody's on, I do HL. Or if I'm not feeling like that, I pick up a new hero and do a quick AI game to see how I like him/her.
I have to agree that something is broken with QM. I have been playing this game since 2013 alpha. I absolutely notice a drop in quality of matches within the last few months. I am account level 1100 and I am constantly paired with account levels <200, and <100. This is incredibly frustrating. I don't care what their MMR is, and I don't care if they're smurfs. I feel that being over account level 1k I should be pairing with players that have the same amount of overall experience with the game as me. It has only been recently where this became increasingly noticeable, and I just find QM to be more frustrating and unfun than it has ever been in the past.
Also, it means that if I'm ever doing something smart that is outside of the comprehension range of Gold leaguers, I get blamed and often reported. Didn't join the 4v5 fight invading their bruiser camp when our ults are down? I get blamed for not joining the fight. Yeah, no thanks.

Lol I can always see this coming. Trying to argue why certain thing are a bad decision does no good. They won't learn and you will waste time. Type "b", warn with pings... 4 people die. And they ping spam you, curse you and most likely report. Sometimes they will even whisper after game ("delete the game xd"). So you go check the rank, the usual silver/low gold player.
07/22/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Evildrake
07/22/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Syovar

Fully agreeing. Giving an off-topic response is just not helpful.

I for my part am often trying to at least lead/guide somehow allies. Trying to explain that we won't win this match if we won't do sth. different now. But it just feels whenever I try explain sth. it will be ignored, not read or too many people turned off the chat. In the past people were communicating more than they do right now. I recently experience a very very rare chat usage or at least less than it used to be several months ago.
Typical ignored chat warnings are:
- "Soak now, else we won't be able to survive the next objective or they will snowball us"
- "We don't have the depushing to take back towers(ToD map) all day long, we got to fight them at their pushing attempt."
- "We lack DPS.", sometimes followed by "Don't focus the tank", because this is simply a stupid combination and an easy way to lose every teamfight.
- Lv 20 vs 19(enemy) or 5 allies alive, 4 enemies dead: "Do sth. now, don't waste time." and doing some random crap but not capitalizing on an advantage, giving the enemies another chance to beat us

Such situations are just awfully frustrating if exact such advices are given but are totally ignored. Also I miss a bit the shot caller. It often feels like the enemies always have one, but in my team I rarely experience this(being the shot caller doesn't work what you might read out of my explanation top). I'm supporting quite many games recently and even often follow allies into death even though I always say to myself "I don't support stupidy".

I agree with what you say. It is good to try to lead, especially if you've got the skill.

However, there are 2 big issues that makes it absolutely not worth it to try and share game knowledge in HotS (which is incidentally why HotS has such low knowledge as a playerbase).

1: MMR/rank isn't visible in QM/UD. So when you're calling shots or giving advice, your Gold league teammates have no idea if you're credible or not. They don't know that you might be 4 leagues above them, or have almost 1k hotslogs mmr over them. They can't tell the difference between a good call and a bad one, which of course makes sense because they're Gold... It is reasonable for them to be doubtful.

2: Let's say you play 5 QM a day and give advice/shot call in all of them. Let's say in 1 out of 5 games, your teammates tilt at what they perceive to be superiority or "telling them what to do." That can potentially be 4 abusive chat reports a day.

Keep this up, and you absolutely will get silenced/banned. And 1 out of 5 games having tilted teammates is generous. In my experience the reality is more like 4 out of 5 games, low league players tilt if you try to make a call or give advice.

So to protect yourself, you should absolutely not try to teach or lead, especially if you play a lot of games.
07/22/2018 10:21 PMPosted by sycA
I have to agree that something is broken with QM. I have been playing this game since 2013 alpha. I absolutely notice a drop in quality of matches within the last few months. I am account level 1100 and I am constantly paired with account levels <200, and <100. This is incredibly frustrating. I don't care what their MMR is, and I don't care if they're smurfs. I feel that being over account level 1k I should be pairing with players that have the same amount of overall experience with the game as me. It has only been recently where this became increasingly noticeable, and I just find QM to be more frustrating and unfun than it has ever been in the past.

I know genuine account level 300 players (not smurfs) who are better than me, and I'm Masters rank HL / 55% wr player.

You need to accept your skill level, and accept that players who have played far less that you not only can match your skill but also exceed it.

That being said, being matched with sub level 100 players is almost always going to end badly so should only happen rarely.
07/23/2018 01:32 AMPosted by calavera
Also, it means that if I'm ever doing something smart that is outside of the comprehension range of Gold leaguers, I get blamed and often reported. Didn't join the 4v5 fight invading their bruiser camp when our ults are down? I get blamed for not joining the fight. Yeah, no thanks.

Lol I can always see this coming. Trying to argue why certain thing are a bad decision does no good. They won't learn and you will waste time. Type "b", warn with pings... 4 people die. And they ping spam you, curse you and most likely report. Sometimes they will even whisper after game ("delete the game xd"). So you go check the rank, the usual silver/low gold player.

100% this. One game, we were down level 10 (QM Cursed Hollow) and I said "give tribute."

The 4 other players mocked me the entire game, and some said they reported me. They mocked me for "giving up the tribute" and how dumb it is to not do the objective. Of course I check ranks and they're all low Silver, unranked, or low level accounts.

So for saying "give tribute" when we were a full level behind level 10, I got mocked the entire game, blamed for the loss, and reported.

Yeah, I have to say a big f*ck you to being helpful to the playerbase. Just grind HL, get to your skill level, and enjoy your games there.

If your skill can never reach Diamond or above, then try to find people that are as slow as you but share your sense of coordination and gamesense, group up as 5, and play UR or TL. That way you can enjoy the game at your skill level consistently.
QM Murphy's Law is real

QM solo as Abathur? Get put onto Braxis holdout.

QM solo as Butcher? Get matched vs Cassia comp.

QM solo as Dehaka? Welcome to Haunted Mines!

QM solo as Genji? No heals for you!

QM solo as Illidan? Get matched with only poke heroes with no dive buddy.

QM solo as Morales? Get matched with 4 other healers!

QM solo as Raynor? Get put in a game vs a better Raynor!

QM solo as Uther? Get matches vs Gul'dan and Lunara.

QM solo as Valeera? Get matched vs triple tank!