Seriously this game needs a Surrender option

General Discussion
Title says it all. If you starta game and your Hanzo decides comething came up and leaves great now you have to wait like 5 minutes to turn into a bot and then watch the bot feeds cause its a bot.

You guys say you don't wanna add the option to FF cause it adds to toxicity but nothing makes me angrier then having a bot and loseing after 20 "fun" minutes. Or being 4-5 levels behind and having no real way to come back cause all your keeps are down and catas are pushing and then enemy team is just dicking around with you.

Just some not so random examples. Seriously this game can be good. league is still vastly more popular and has the FF even before 3 minutes because they know afk people arn't fun.
No this game doesn't, I don't want the dude calling GG 3 minutes into the match spamming surrender votes all game sitting in the base. I've won so many games that Mr.GG declared were over at the 3 minute mark.
07/19/2018 06:03 PMPosted by SloboLaggins
No this game doesn't, I don't want the dude calling GG 3 minutes into the match spamming surrender votes all game sitting in the base. I've won so many games that Mr.GG declared were over at the 3 minute mark.

You mean the same guy that will spam GG at 3 minutes and sit in base regardless if there is a surrender option or not?

you can already force the game to end if all 5 players leave the match anyway.
Let's meet in the middle and agree that no, it doesn't.
What this community doesn't understand is that we want a surrender option when we are stuck with one or more bots. We don't want to surrender when it's a bad match, we simply don't want to play a 4 vs 5 match.

If you like to play handicapped, fine, I respect that, but not everyone wants to play like this so at least give us an option to leave without penalties if we have had a bot in our team for 5 minutes.

Currently people just pretends to play so that they don't get reported for afk, while hoping the enemy can end the gamer sooner. Is this really what you guys want?
there is one.

i believe you go control panel -> programs and features -> heroes of the storm -> uninstall
07/19/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Emil
at least give us an option to leave without penalties
You can already leave without penalty, as long as its not a frequent occurrence. You won't be sanctioned for leaving a match every once in a while.

07/19/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Toastytoast
You mean the same guy that will spam GG at 3 minutes and sit in base regardless
Currently people just pretends to play
Report him, he'll get sanctioned, then move on with your life. You don't need a surrender button.
07/19/2018 07:27 PMPosted by SoulFilcher

Let's meet in the middle and say that a surrender system is not needed if all the following are true.

1: No one afks.

2: No one becomes a flaming keyboard warrior, which is technically afk despite being at the keyboard.

3: No one is replaced by a bot.
3a: This means the entire match is 5v5 human players, you should not be playing QM/Ranked/Unranked/Brawl with anything less than five human players per team.

4: Reconnecting is easy and fast, use League of Legends as a benchmark for this.

5: No one feeds, someone running it down mid and dying 10-20 times should allow a surrender.

If for any reason you have an AI on your team for more than sixty seconds in any of the following game modes: Quick Match, Hero League, Team League, Unranked or Brawl then the game should automatically start a surrender vote that requires 50% of the remaining players on that team to vote yes for.

Any game that does not meet the above qualifications needs a surrender option.

There is no reason you should have it otherwise, League does fine with a surrender option.
07/19/2018 07:56 PMPosted by JediJuliet
07/19/2018 07:27 PMPosted by SoulFilcher

Let's meet in the middle and say that a surrender system is not needed if all the following are true.

1: No one afks.

2: No one becomes a flaming keyboard warrior, which is technically afk despite being at the keyboard.

3: No one is replaced by a bot.
3a: This means the entire match is 5v5 human players, you should not be playing QM/Ranked/Unranked/Brawl with anything less than five human players per team.

4: Reconnecting is easy and fast, use League of Legends as a benchmark for this.

5: No one feeds, someone running it down mid and dying 10-20 times should allow a surrender.

If for any reason you have an AI on your team for more than sixty seconds in any of the following game modes: Quick Match, Hero League, Team League, Unranked or Brawl then the game should automatically start a surrender vote that requires 50% of the remaining players on that team to vote yes for.

Any game that does not meet the above qualifications needs a surrender option.

There is no reason you should have it otherwise, League does fine with a surrender option.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Being forced to play with feeders or AI makes this game even more toxic than just leaving and joining a game that will very, very likely be more fair and fun.

But I only support leaving if said conditions are true, but I don't know of an elegant way to detect feeders without accidentally flagging genuine players who just suck.

But allowing a surrender when someone leaves and doesn't return within, say, two or three minutes, seems fine to me. The AI in this game after the supposed "AI improvement update" is just terrible. AI will suicide into turrets, run into Mosh Pits, suicide 1v5, and also do any of the previous even when they're pinged to follow someone.

It's pretty infuriating to deal with when we're forced to suck it up in the name of "positivity," when the experience is anything but positive.
I dont want to play with AI, its terrible and the chance that you can actually win with a bot is extremely low. And frankly if a team is winning with a bot..what was the matchmaker doing to match a team that lost to a bot.

If someone leaves in overwatch they have the option to also leave the game without suffering a leaver penalty.
You can already leave without penalty, as long as its not a frequent occurrence. You won't be sanctioned for leaving a match every once in a while.

Yeah, I can leave, but I can also get reported for it. If you played the game you would know people constantly comments "report him/her" when someone leaves the match.

07/19/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Face
Report him, he'll get sanctioned, then move on with your life. You don't need a surrender button.

But I can't "move on". I'm stuck in the match for another 20 minutes if I don't want to risk a ban through this automatic system.
Sorry but they will never implement a surrender option.

However you are correct it is a bit ridiculous how bad the AI bots are. I have watched bots dance around turn ins without depositing gems, run in circles while I take a camp, hearth back for no reason at full health, and suicide into the enemy towers. I would be curious to see what the winrates are for a team with an AI... I would not be surprised if they were <5%. I think the best way to alleviate this problem would be:

1. AFK loss forgiveness in hero league
If you lose a game with an AI you do not lose rank points. They have been proposing this for I believe two years now but it's still not in the game yet. Really a shame.

2. Improve the skill level of the AI based on league / MMR.
I know they have been constantly tweeking the vs AI skill level for Beginner - Elite, but the last time I played vs AI I remember that Elite was actually pretty competent. However, whenever I would have to play with a bot after an AFK, it seems like the skill level is Adept at best (~Plat HL). They really need to scale the AI based on skill level, so that maybe Bronze/Silver = "Recruit", Gold = "Adept", Platinum = "Veteran", Diamond+ = "Elite".
07/19/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Peitry
Title says it all. If you starta game and your Hanzo decides comething came up and leaves great now you have to wait like 5 minutes to turn into a bot and then watch the bot feeds cause its a bot.

You guys say you don't wanna add the option to FF cause it adds to toxicity but nothing makes me angrier then having a bot and loseing after 20 "fun" minutes. Or being 4-5 levels behind and having no real way to come back cause all your keeps are down and catas are pushing and then enemy team is just dicking around with you.

Just some not so random examples. Seriously this game can be good. league is still vastly more popular and has the FF even before 3 minutes because they know afk people arn't fun.

There are over 5800 posts about surrender. What's so special about yours that you felt the need to share? Someone randomly disconnected and it hit you in the feels?

Once in a while someone will dc due to random reasons, sometimes they reconnect, sometimes they don't. I understand it's annoying but you sharing with blizzard won't make them go :"Hmm, we know we said we will never implement it, but you know what? For muh man Peitry, it's the drop that did it!"

Sorry for salt, surrender posts send me to the mines.
What this community doesn't understand is that we want a surrender option when we are stuck with one or more bots. We don't want to surrender when it's a bad match, we simply don't want to play a 4 vs 5 match.

If you like to play handicapped, fine, I respect that, but not everyone wants to play like this so at least give us an option to leave without penalties if we have had a bot in our team for 5 minutes.

Currently people just pretends to play so that they don't get reported for afk, while hoping the enemy can end the gamer sooner. Is this really what you guys want?

Don't need a surrender option for a bot what they need to do is finally add loss forgiveness so you DON'T lose points when there's a bot on your team and get extra points if you win with a bot. Also I wouldn't use the word "we" trying to speak for everyone, Blizzard especially hates that they'd rather you say "I don't like such and such" for feedback. There are plenty of people that want a surrender option just to get out of bad matches regardless.
07/19/2018 09:51 PMPosted by SloboLaggins
Don't need a surrender option for a bot what they need to do is finally add loss forgiveness so you DON'T lose points when there's a bot on your team and get extra points if you win with a bot. Also I wouldn't use the word "we" trying to speak for everyone, Blizzard especially hates that they'd rather you say "I don't like such and such" for feedback. There are plenty of people that want a surrender option just to get out of bad matches regardless.

And how would that solve the issue in quickmatch and unranked draft?
The lack of surrender option is the reason this is the most toxic game on the internet.
07/19/2018 09:51 PMPosted by SloboLaggins

There are plenty of people that want a surrender option just to get out of bad matches regardless.

And that is EXACTLY why we need the surrender option.

like in my last game, where I have a player lvl 42 (!) in my group that had NO CLUE and basically kept dying to EVERYTHING.
There is only this much noobness I can carry with my 1000+lvl and 6K games behind me.

FIX THE STUPID MATCHMAKER? maybe THEN we wont need the surrender button