Murky Nerf.... Why Tho?

General Discussion
Murky is sitting at a >3% pick rate and almost a perfect 50% winrate. Why are we nerfing him? Fish tank was a huge power spike that allowed him to exist late game against auto attacks that will now basically one shot him when hes not being one shot by spell damage. The reasoning for this change makes no sense: It was making him unkillable in certain situations? Yeah those situations being when hes able to auto attack, chase, and not be hit by spell damage. Apparently CC doesn't exist? Or kiting? Or focusing? This change completely guts an already rarely used hero.

Edit: After playing a couple of games with him, I can safely say I was completely right. Post 13 Murky has no survivability whatsoever in team fights and is almost instantly killed by anyone other than supports. The only benefit of the 25% of damage done as healing is in taking regular merc camps and pushing lanes, as minions and monsters can no longer damage you, but in the case of mercenaries this was rarely the case post 13 anyway.
!@#$ they are nerfing fish tank? Damn i once soloed a 200 meat butcher and a tracer with that talent
07/25/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Neoforce
!@#$ they are nerfing fish tank? Damn i once soloed a 200 meat butcher and a tracer with that talent

Which is probably why they are nerfing it... It is all because of your stellar play.

;P
07/25/2018 04:56 PMPosted by ButcherPete
Murky is sitting at a >3% pick rate and almost a perfect 50% winrate.
This is incorrect, Murky has a high pick and sits somewhere in the 70-80% winrate
07/25/2018 05:36 PMPosted by BastionE54
07/25/2018 04:56 PMPosted by ButcherPete
Murky is sitting at a >3% pick rate and almost a perfect 50% winrate.
This is incorrect, Murky has a high pick and sits somewhere in the 70-80% winrate

Not sure if trolling or actually ignorant.
Blizz did some strange odd nerfs to characters like Murky, Hammer and Chogall. Heroes that are tier C and with low pickrate....

But at the same time they didn't nerf others like Chromie.... Odd
Blizz did some strange odd nerfs to characters like Hammer

To be fair, there were a LOT of requests to nerf OBFG...

But I don't think they nerfed it in the correct way.
But if you nerf it you need buff her somehow. If mostly the only thing that makes her dangerous is nerfed...

Also is a level 20 talent. That means that with a hammer on your team you didn't lost before be level 20. You deserve the op ultimate hahah
07/25/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Flinx
Blizz did some strange odd nerfs to characters like Hammer

To be fair, there were a LOT of requests to nerf OBFG...

But I don't think they nerfed it in the correct way.

This difference is hammer is still playable and viable without BFG. Murky is not playable or viable without fish tank. Had they replaced it with something useful or buffed some other talents I'd understand. But to essentially remove it shows they have no idea how murky is played. Whats his go to build now? Bubble build? Yay I can zoom around in a bubble and be unkillable for a large portion of the game, but I can't participate in team fights unless completely ignored, and murky's lane push has been meh since they nerfed pufferfish forever ago.
Perhaps one of the devs had a bad game as butcher against murky and got really salty about it, so they just slipped in a very minor nerf?

Lol Idk

Though I do feel it was a bit silly as murky being able to 1v1 tanks and AA assassins and wipe them out. They couldn’t even get away because of all the slow from slime and time to krill.

Oh well.

Back to the pufferfish-octograb-bubble build on 100% of my games.
Yea. HIGHLY disappointed in this, what may not seem like it, HUGE nerf! Changing this talent at 13 has taken away all survivability. Even if they gave him healing for 100% of his basic attacks and abilities it still would not be viable. Especially when he can be removed with a hit, or two. This made Murky VERY unplayable...unless you are just hating life and want to ruin some 20+ minutes of some strangers' time.
The 25% heal talent is a useless talent. It is even worse than egg shell and that's saying something since many people considered egg shell a trap talent
07/26/2018 03:42 AMPosted by fierywinds
The 25% heal talent is a useless talent. It is even worse than egg shell and that's saying something since many people considered egg shell a trap talent

its not useless
it has nice heal in crownd
for example on infernal shrines u deal dmg to zombies too so u get much more healing from that talent
Just because a character is statistically not played, or statistically not winning, does not mean that they are balanced or not in need of changes.

The changes that were made to hammer and murky were to fix issues that made the characters extremely un-fun in certain situations. It wasnt because the characters were too strong..it was because sometimes they were capable of doing things that robbed the game of the little fun that was left after the non-existent matchmaking failed to ruin the match.
07/26/2018 04:12 AMPosted by Damoklese
Just because a character is statistically not played, or statistically not winning, does not mean that they are balanced or not in need of changes.

The changes that were made to hammer and murky were to fix issues that made the characters extremely un-fun in certain situations. It wasnt because the characters were too strong..it was because sometimes they were capable of doing things that robbed the game of the little fun that was left after the non-existent matchmaking failed to ruin the match.

So instead of having a game where it's unfun for some characters some of the time it's now unfun for murky players ALL THE TIME. Makes sense.
Murky is sitting at a >3% pick rate and almost a perfect 50% winrate
After 5 weeks Murky is sitting at 2.9% popularity and 55,4% winrate in DIA/M. Fish Tank 34% pickrate with 58,8% winrate.

Globally its 3% pop and 51,5% winrate.
Fish Tank is 28,7% pop and 57,7% wr.

Another unnecessary drama or what?
08/26/2018 01:59 PMPosted by MortalWombat
Murky is sitting at a >3% pick rate and almost a perfect 50% winrate
After 5 weeks Murky is sitting at 2.9% popularity and 55,4% winrate in DIA/M. Fish Tank 34% pickrate with 58,8% winrate.

Globally its 3% pop and 51,5% winrate.
Fish Tank is 28,7% pop and 57,7% wr.

Necro :(
Necro :(
Eh cmon, its been just a month :P Perfect time to see if drama was justified or not.
(also I wasnt the one who necro'd!)
08/26/2018 01:59 PMPosted by MortalWombat

I've always said that Fish Tank was a poorly designed talent. It only helped Murky against some very specific heroes, and those are his hardest counters so you shouldn't be picking Murky into them anyway. It's not any surprise that removing it didn't really affect Murky's winrate.

What I wasn't expecting was new Fish Tank to be any good. Honestly, colour me impressed by this change.
So a character with almost zero respawn timer is now easier to kill? And?