Players Against Current Disciplinary Policy

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
Scarycrow is just dense and doesn't understand times need to change.

Think if people like him where still in charge throughout the entire course of history we would still be burning women for witchcraft (reading books)

just downvote the troll he is what is actually toxic
08/06/2018 10:39 AMPosted by xPaleHorse
08/05/2018 03:02 PMPosted by ScaryCrow
Wife is gone to work, kids have computer and tv, I just got back from the gym about 5 hours ago so nothing to do really for the next hour or so til bed. So I am trying to show a bunch of kids with an addiction that altho they think something is a problem it isn't. That when they get punished for being bad tough luck stop being bad. Blizzard is teaching you all what your parents should of so long ago with a bar of soap to watch your mouth.

your personal life is irrelevant to the topic of this thread. stop trolling. you say its just a game and that we need to move on, yet here you are, still posting on the forums. i suggest if to you its just a game, then the forums are of no use to you because you dont care about how the game is failing.
Evil triumphs where good men fail to act. You are evil and I am here to stop you. Then let new and good people know there is no problems.
so lets get back on topic. today alone there has been how many more threads about silences? ive lost count, they get bumped back to fast? ideally we could get this thread stickied so maybe everyone would stop making copies right?
08/06/2018 07:26 PMPosted by xPaleHorse
so lets get back on topic. today alone there has been how many more threads about silences? ive lost count, they get bumped back to fast? ideally we could get this thread stickied so maybe everyone would stop making copies right?

Blizzard would never sticky this thread. The only reason why this thread hasn't been deleted it is because the number of upvotes and people agreeing it. If they deleted this thread - it would look so awful and effect more of the player base. So they're just gonna wait until this thread dies out.
08/06/2018 07:33 PMPosted by StrikerJolt
Blizzard would never sticky this thread. The only reason why this thread hasn't been deleted it is because the number of upvotes and people agreeing it. If they deleted this thread - it would look so awful and effect more of the player base. So they're just gonna wait until this thread dies out.

cant tell what would be more awful at this point. deleting this thread or the lack of responce from blizzard lol
08/06/2018 07:45 PMPosted by xPaleHorse
08/06/2018 07:33 PMPosted by StrikerJolt

cant tell what would be more awful at this point. deleting this thread or the lack of responce from blizzard lol

I have a thread that stated all my opinions and problems. But it's long-winded so I have it copied in a word pad and plan on cutting down some of the sentences. But the major thing I wrote down was.

"I agree with you that people people shouldn't be lashing out on their teammates. But Blizzard is causing people to get tilted and angry themselves. They are also partly to blame for the mess they've created and nobody is willing to say it and the people who do say it get downvoted and mocked. People write it off as toxic behavior. "

This was addressing people getting downvoted for saying Blizzard is just creating my toxicity with their punishment system. But I was also saying that Blizzard match making causes people to get angry and the fact Blizzard has been silenced for 2 years on solutions to the current match making in quick match, unranked, ranked. If people are constantly getting frustrated getting bad team composition. They're more likely to be toxic.

Then they come to the forums to make complaints and see no response but see game developers respond in fun posts, skin ideas, and new hero threads all the time.

People are angry and it is Blizzard's fault for some of it.
I really enjoy seeing all the feedback on here about how Blizzard should define toxicity and what not. I truly believe that if they decide to fix the system they wont roll it out in some nice YouTube video like they do for Hero spot lights or other huge game upgrades because they would have to basically admit that ALL this time...….. they were wrong.
This needs to be a problem addressed by the company and discussed with the community. End of story.
but here we are, another tuesday with nothing. is anyone really surprised at this point?
08/07/2018 07:01 PMPosted by xPaleHorse
but here we are, another tuesday with nothing. is anyone really surprised at this point?

All we can really do at this point is bump it until we reach the limit. I doubt Blizzard would extend the limit afterwards. :/
08/07/2018 11:14 PMPosted by StrikerJolt
All we can really do at this point is bump it until we reach the limit. I doubt Blizzard would extend the limit afterwards. :/

then heres a bump. not gonna give up that easily blizzard.
your personal life is irrelevant to the topic of this thread.
Evil triumphs where good men fail to act. You are evil and I am here to stop you. Then let new and good people know there is no problems.

I needed to chuckle when i read this. As usual, most readers are not capable of comprehending what you have just said and simply downvoted you.

The thing what many people are ignoring: Real life comes first. Always. There are tons of legit reasons that force players to go AFK.

But i guess, the typical narrow minded gamer would prefer that someone ends up in a hospital over having to deal with a player going afk.
07/31/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Skrymir

Dota 2 resets the increments just in a few days (one doesn't even have to play much if at all); not to mention a limit of just 3 reports per week.

But dude, DOTA 2 is an incredibly successful game, who's popularity is showing no signs of waning; the HOTS management team seems hellbent on killing this game, so it wouldn't' make any sense to emulate Valve's policies.
What always seems to be missing from these silence/ban threads is the reminder that some people in the game are total poison. I'm not talking about the guy who gets upset about losing or a bonehead move or two, but those guys who spend as much time rage-pinging and screaming at people for failures as they do actually playing. They're terrible, and they should be silenced or banned, depending on severity and incorrigibility of behavior.
The questions seems more one of how to make sure we're actually targeting the correct people. This needs a human component to reduce frivolous and unmerited punishments, as well as a set of clear guidelines to reduce the need for judgment calls. If we all know that racial slurs or feeding or calling someone a f@%#ing retard" will result in a penalty, but first-picking abathur or laning during team fights or ping-spamming are stupid but permissible, there's no more fig leaf.
They say most statistics on the internet are made up...
Reporting system is fine, snowflakes just need to grow a thicker skin
08/08/2018 03:29 PMPosted by TadCooper
What always seems to be missing from these silence/ban threads is the reminder that some people in the game are total poison. I'm not talking about the guy who gets upset about losing or a bonehead move or two, but those guys who spend as much time rage-pinging and screaming at people for failures as they do actually playing. They're terrible, and they should be silenced or banned, depending on severity and incorrigibility of behavior.

Nice fallacy. My special snowflake senses are tingling.
I've played tens of thousands of MOBA matches and have never met a player who typed more than he played. Not. A. Single. One. But you're suggesting I should have met how many, hundreds? Yeah, right.
The worst I have seen is, God's honest truth, is someone get triggered by someone else being "offensive in chat" (hardly ever more than 1 line), and then choose the worst moment to stop playing (immediately, in the middle of action), go back to a nearby fort, type in a report for 15 seconds, then type in some garbage special snowflake bull**it in chat for another 15 seconds, then start playing toxic (not supporting whoever triggered them, avoiding healing them for instance)... and finally, shortly after, they end up just going full AFK once the guy who triggered them says or does anything they don't like. This happens relatively often.
Worst case of someone I've seen being "verbally abusive"? A few racist/homophobic/whatever remarks that took less than 20 seconds in total during a match to type out. Most of the time the player doing that was actually of decent skill.
I don't care what anybody types, I'm not here for an environment suited for cultured discussion. I don't feel the need to even mute anybody, let alone report them. It's fine with me if you expect a punishment for someone being racist or whatever or simply not participating because they wanted to type something for too long. The latter would need to be a punishment for AFK, however. Don't expect me to support anything you say, though, when it's not even a hyperbole you're using, it's just an utterly fallacious, straight-up lie. You have no credibility.
so sad to see a highly up voted thread ignored by devs.
08/09/2018 06:16 PMPosted by xPaleHorse
so sad to see a highly up voted thread ignored by devs.

Yeah, it's always been this way with blizzard. Not even just this topic. But other topics like communities and the like.