Players Against Current Disciplinary Policy

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11
08/08/2018 04:06 PMPosted by KappaRoss
I've played tens of thousands of MOBA matches and have never met a player who typed more than he played. Not. A. Single. One. But you're suggesting I should have met how many, hundreds? Yeah, right.

Um, it's an exaggeration, man. There are definitely people who devote excessive time and energy to criticizing/coaching/raging/trying to be funny. And I'm really excited for you that you've lived your life in such a way that nothing gets through that thick skin of yours. But some of us live in the civilized parts of the world where it's reasonable not to have strangers screaming obscenities and bigotry in our presence.
I'm just about to come back from a 1 week ban. Deserved? Perhaps. But largely it is from playing solo and being blamed by stacks for losses.

I'll be turning off all forms of in-game communication when I return.

So yeah. Working as intended.
08/10/2018 03:51 PMPosted by SlimNZ
I'm just about to come back from a 1 week ban. Deserved? Perhaps. But largely it is from playing solo and being blamed by stacks for losses.

Same. the Game Master who got my appeal basically told me to go kick rocks and that they wouldn't be posting chat logs or screenshots because "BRO WE REVIEWED IT AGAIN JUST BELIEVE US LMAO". will likely either turn off in-game chat or just never type just in case.
HL in USA above 300 sec wait and counting, anyone still playing?
Like many others on the forum, I have been monitoring this thread with interest of the community consensuses.

Edited: Purely speculation:
I would like to ask you all your opinion on this scenario: If you had gotten punished for a AFK/Non Participation, or a Abusive Chat at one time, issued a ticket for a GM response, they uphold the "reprimand", you do your time, gain another ban/silence "weather deserved or not", go to put in the ticket, and they uphold it again.

Could, and Do they hit you a second time for the first infraction? It is most likely not going to be the same GM as prior, and I assume they have Account Notes they have the ability to compose or reference.

Are people basically serving a double jeopardy sentence? Has, and does this happen? If so, they need to get on a standard mandatory Account Note History, where they can reflect it where it won't be used as a later offence.

Appreciate any feedback
08/10/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Unknown
Like many others on the forum, I have been monitoring this thread with interest of the community consensuses.

Edited: Purely speculation:
I would like to ask you all your opinion on this scenario: If you had gotten punished for a AFK/Non Participation, or a Abusive Chat at one time, issued a ticket for a GM response, they uphold the "reprimand", you do your time, gain another ban/silence "weather deserved or not", go to put in the ticket, and they uphold it again.

Could, and Do they hit you a second time for the first infraction? It is most likely not going to be the same GM as prior, and I assume they have Account Notes they have the ability to compose or reference.

Are people basically serving a double jeopardy sentence? Has, and does this happen? If so, they need to get on a standard mandatory Account Note History, where they can reflect it where it won't be used as a later offence.

Appreciate any feedback

Another forum poster said it best. People are always skeptic of the player, but they are never skeptic of Blizzard what so ever. As if Blizzard could never screw up, right? (Warlords of Draenor, Diablo 3, match making, etc) People love Blizzard and for good reason. But they're still human beings with their own bias, opinions, etc. We will never agree on a definition on what is toxicity. They are just like us.

People have all have different personalities and different ways of talking. The problem is with the people who feel the need to control others and will not accept that you're different from them and don't agree with their views.

Since you 're against their personal views in life. You're toxic and need to be dealt. There is no other side. There is no understanding. It's as if their minds are stuck in a child-like state. There is only fascist mentality.

The only real way to deal with this is let the community deal with it themselves by allowing guilds into HotS similar to Diablo 3. This way people who run these guilds can set their own rules and kick whoever their dislike.

The more power we can give people to separate themselves into groups according to their personalities the better. A big, big problem is potentially sitting 5 random people together and expecting them to all agree on everything.

Like - no. That's not how people work.
08/06/2018 07:26 PMPosted by xPaleHorse
so lets get back on topic. today alone there has been how many more threads about silences? ive lost count, they get bumped back to fast? ideally we could get this thread stickied so maybe everyone would stop making copies right?

So many threads like this just disappear, there was one with 260 posts that was mysteriously deleted overnight.

Blizzard can keep deleting these threads and banning people for flimsy reasons, but it doesn't change the fact many people have solid points as to why this reporting system is unfair. I honestly get the impression Blizzard isn't concerned if this game bleeds players, it's no doubt not a cash cow like Overwatch.
08/10/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Berengaria
08/06/2018 07:26 PMPosted by xPaleHorse
so lets get back on topic. today alone there has been how many more threads about silences? ive lost count, they get bumped back to fast? ideally we could get this thread stickied so maybe everyone would stop making copies right?

So many threads like this just disappear, there was one with 260 posts that was mysteriously deleted overnight.

Blizzard can keep deleting these threads and banning people for flimsy reasons, but it doesn't change the fact many people have solid points as to why this reporting system is unfair. I honestly get the impression Blizzard isn't concerned if this game bleeds players, it's no doubt not a cash cow like Overwatch.

They can take our lives, but they will never take our FREEEDOOOOOOM!
08/10/2018 02:49 PMPosted by TadCooper
08/08/2018 04:06 PMPosted by KappaRoss
I've played tens of thousands of MOBA matches and have never met a player who typed more than he played. Not. A. Single. One. But you're suggesting I should have met how many, hundreds? Yeah, right.

Um, it's an exaggeration, man. There are definitely people who devote excessive time and energy to criticizing/coaching/raging/trying to be funny. And I'm really excited for you that you've lived your life in such a way that nothing gets through that thick skin of yours. But some of us live in the civilized parts of the world where it's reasonable not to have strangers screaming obscenities and bigotry in our presence.

Nobody can scream at your loopy head in a video game for longer than a couple of seconds. You can mute them. There is absolutely nothing logical in your rhetoric. Do not attempt to show otherwise -- you can't. Admit that your analogy just proved you're incapable of rational thought because you've been conditioned by Buzzard into reacting emotionally to someone who's not been brainwashed yet -- or simply walk away, pretend you've not read my reply and spare yourself further embarrassment.
08/10/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Unknown

Appreciate any feedback

Every consequent silence I'd gotten most definitely required less reports than the previous one. I'm 100% conceived that either some of the reports issued before a given silence sentence still count or the required number of reports goes down procedurally, in increments, similar to how the punishment time doubles up each time. Either way, it's yet another sickeningly unethical, maniacal and tyrannical characteristic of Buzzard's demented manipulation and escalation of every worst imaginable thing about a mob rule.
Seriously you can mute people for a reason.
I don't think that Blizzard will do anything revolutionary, anytime soon. Until then, hope this helps.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20767557095
i say fux baddies get them out of my games one way or another

Sometimes Blizzard reminds me of how things work in Sweden. I believe they are starting to lose their minds.
http://en.rightpedia.info/w/The_Cuckdom_of_Sweden
08/10/2018 03:56 PMPosted by UncleGanon

Same. the Game Master who got my appeal basically told me to go kick rocks and that they wouldn't be posting chat logs or screenshots because "BRO WE REVIEWED IT AGAIN JUST BELIEVE US LMAO". will likely either turn off in-game chat or just never type just in case.

yeah i refuse to take the word of any GM at this point. not once has a ticket fixed any issue i have in this game. including non silence/suspended issues regarding collections etc. they see chat logs and think that shows them all. but they lack context. when i call someone bad, its usually because they have died 10 times in 10 minutes. but they dont see that. they just see me saying something deemed "wrong" and say oh you deserve it.
A CS Supervisor is telling me to "think about how I want my feedback and suggestions to be seen, and to to focus on writing clear points of actionable feedback." Now that's fu***** high.
1. How I want it to be seen is "accompanied by thousands of posts that have been utterly ignored for years by your staff that is unqualified and not deserving the wages that you are paying them." (what I wrote back).
2. Take a damn look at my post history and tell me I've not written "clear points of actionable feedback".

The only reason why I even got an attention of a CS Supervisor is through having been truly toxic in the tickets I'd been sending. Kind of ironic that you have to be really, really abusive and crafty to even get the attention of someone like this, someone who perhaps feels a little bit of responsibility for this game, as opposed to the guys who just sit there browsing plebbit memes for 8 hours and occasionally copy-pasting the "relevant" formula in reply to tickets.
What a joke.