Toxic players

General Discussion
So this is becoming a bit of a problem, and today for me was the icing on the cake. There needs to be some additional algorithms in matching to prevent you being matched with players you've blocked. Here's what happened today.

Player called LLLLLLL plays as Diablo in our first ranked game. Dives multiple times way too deep, away from group and ends up getting killed, every time. Then ends up going off at the team for "worst team ever". I can deal with this, whatever. Then he goes MIA and starts feeding our enemy team and throws the game (mind you were actually playing quite well, the rest of us able to win two team fights 4v5, confidently. However, we couldn't hold multiple objectives well enough.

So, okay - one bad player, a thrown game, fine. We all block him. Next game. Crap. Same player, LLLLLL in the match again, and I warn the team. Said player then proceeds to stay in base until timeout, rejoins and does it again. At this point 2 players have already quit as they didn't want to deal with it - 2 ranked matches thrown.

I'm fine with meeting the occasional toxic player, but this was something else - and it ruined 2 matches for 9 other players... despite us also having blocked him.

How do we deal with this? Currently the systems in place aren't good enough!
The lack of concede option, paired with the atrocious matchmaking as of late, and the fact that everyone is walking on eggshells because anything and everything you say can get you banned; has left this game in an unplayable state.

Someone needs to fire the management team, start over.
Aaaand I just got matched with him again, but instead of dealing with 20 mins of crap, I decided just to quit, so now I'm struggling to find a single match. Another loss. Stop matching me with players I've blocked. Please.
07/30/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Ezekiel
Player called LLLLLLL plays as Diablo in our first ranked game. Dives multiple times way too deep, away from group and ends up getting killed, every time. Then ends up going off at the team for "worst team ever".

I've seen this from both perspectives.

Sometimes it's the player that's bad, overextending, and making unreasonable dives.

Sometimes it's the team that's bad, not following up, and playing too safe.

I can say that it sucks for both sides.
So this is becoming a bit of a problem, and today for me was the icing on the cake. There needs to be some additional algorithms in matching to prevent you being matched with players you've blocked. Here's what happened today.

Player called LLLLLLL plays as Diablo in our first ranked game. Dives multiple times way too deep, away from group and ends up getting killed, every time. Then ends up going off at the team for "worst team ever". I can deal with this, whatever. Then he goes MIA and starts feeding our enemy team and throws the game (mind you were actually playing quite well, the rest of us able to win two team fights 4v5, confidently. However, we couldn't hold multiple objectives well enough.

So, okay - one bad player, a thrown game, fine. We all block him. Next game. Crap. Same player, LLLLLL in the match again, and I warn the team. Said player then proceeds to stay in base until timeout, rejoins and does it again. At this point 2 players have already quit as they didn't want to deal with it - 2 ranked matches thrown.

I'm fine with meeting the occasional toxic player, but this was something else - and it ruined 2 matches for 9 other players... despite us also having blocked him.

How do we deal with this? Currently the systems in place aren't good enough!

Buddy, you're taking the game too seriously. This is a first world problem. Go enjoy a walk, chill out, and come back to the game.

But a helpful tip, wait a few minutes 4/5 before queing up. This will help reduce the chance of getting the same teammates.
07/30/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Bou
Player called LLLLLLL plays as Diablo in our first ranked game. Dives multiple times way too deep, away from group and ends up getting killed, every time. Then ends up going off at the team for "worst team ever".

Sometimes it's the player that's bad, overextending, and making unreasonable dives.

I totally get this, but he was so far away from the rest of the group, and everyone was asking him respectfully to stop diving so deep.

07/30/2018 10:48 PMPosted by StrikerJolt
Buddy, you're taking the game too seriously. This is a first world problem. Go enjoy a walk, chill out, and come back to the game.

But a helpful tip, wait a few minutes 4/5 before queing up. This will help reduce the chance of getting the same teammates.

Seriously or not, it's my game time and he wasted a good 2 hours of it. Also, I DID wait, and still ended up with him.

The worst part is that with the 3rd game I decided to leave rather than play him, and because of leaver status took 20 odd mins to get another one. Sigh.

Also your response avoids the real issue - I shouldn't be grouped with players I've blocked. Period.
I feel for you.

Some people are that bloody selfish. They thin that just because it is a game that your time is less important then theirs.

I have also had blocked people in my game.... I mute them and try my best. 99% of the time you lose...
Lol. You think THAT'S bad?

I got matched with a 3-man premade, where one of which refused to perform his role, and the other two defended him when I got salty.

Though my story has a happy ending. The next game i was matched with them we won, then the game after that i was matched AGAINST them and kicked their asses c:
Honestly that is a big problem. Someone literally not doing anything in a game sucks. I had a similar problem where someone left once we lost the bottom keep on Cursed Hallow. It sucks and those players should get more of a penalty when they leave the game or are reported for not participating. Personally someone not participating or feeding the enemy team is the worst thing they can do in Heroes. You can mute someone if they are being toxic in VC or Chat, but if someone is intentionally going out of there way to ruin your game then that is something that shouldn't be tolerated. I will agree that there should be acceptations, like if your game crashes or something, but if they are going out of there way to screw you over that is a huge problem.
07/31/2018 07:52 PMPosted by PhatGirth

I got matched with a 3-man premade, where one of which refused to perform his role, and the other two defended him when I got salty.

Though my story has a happy ending. The next game i was matched with them we won, then the game after that i was matched AGAINST them and kicked their asses c:

So not really that bad then.
Mute him. Report him if you feel he's that much of a liability. You can't control other players. If they can't control themselves, there is no point trying to reason them.
08/02/2018 01:09 AMPosted by TheDeadPoet
Mute him. Report him if you feel he's that much of a liability. You can't control other players. If they can't control themselves, there is no point trying to reason them.

Did both those things - and that's what I'm asking for - better MM so I DON'T get matched with players I've blocked.
07/31/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Ezekiel
07/30/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Bou

I totally get this, but he was so far away from the rest of the group, and everyone was asking him respectfully to stop diving so deep.

07/30/2018 10:48 PMPosted by StrikerJolt

Seriously or not, it's my game time and he wasted a good 2 hours of it. Also, I DID wait, and still ended up with him.

The worst part is that with the 3rd game I decided to leave rather than play him, and because of leaver status took 20 odd mins to get another one. Sigh.

Also your response avoids the real issue - I shouldn't be grouped with players I've blocked. Period.

Well, all I gotta say. Blizzard is choking their community. Instead of addressing the problem and fixing the match making that drives people insane and gets them tilted.

I just want to say, I came off a little harshly there. I've been on the forums a lot and there's a lot of insight I've gained recently.

Go read my latest thread.
08/05/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Ezekiel
08/02/2018 01:09 AMPosted by TheDeadPoet

Did both those things - and that's what I'm asking for - better MM so I DON'T get matched with players I've blocked.

Then what happens when everyone just blocks everyone that is good or beats them?
What happens in Masters or GM when they block the people they know are actually good?

All the fix MM solutions are like !@#$%^- solutions.
Like just fix MM. But dont think through how to actually improve it.

If your a HL Silver player, and you get matched up against 4 diamonds, a masters with all golds on your team, that is bad Match Making.
Getting a random feeder or troll isnt bad MM because how do you perdict when someone is going to do that?
That is like Minority Report level of SciFi tech we dont have yet.
08/02/2018 01:05 AMPosted by Ezekiel
07/31/2018 07:52 PMPosted by PhatGirth

Oh, well I guess not. But that's really just pure luck more than anything.

Fact is I still got matched with the same three people I blocked, and who I assume blocked me as well, from the previous game.

Had I lost again because of them (thankfully I think me getting salty actually got through to them even if they didn't like it) I probably would have been on the news for peeing all over Blizz HQ or something.
08/05/2018 09:51 PMPosted by PhatGirth
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Oh, well I guess not. But that's really just pure luck more than anything.

Fact is I still got matched with the same three people I blocked, and who I assume blocked me as well, from the previous game.

Had I lost again because of them (thankfully I think me getting salty actually got through to them even if they didn't like it) I probably would have been on the news for peeing all over Blizz HQ or something.
if that is all it takes you're weak and going to break soon. hots has a lot more bs in store for you.
Don't worry. He is just "bad", so they don't care about him.

I got a 2 week ban for saying the F word a few times because I really wanted to win each game I queue into.

AFK/Feeders get banned in waves, and only after extreme report counts.

Meaning he could AFK/Feed for months before Blizz does another round of "Feeder Bans". Just report him for chat. They insta ban people for chat and the burden is then on the player to prove innocence...

and when they can take anything you've ever said out of context and use it as a reason to justify upholding 50 other false reports, banning someone for chat is EZ PZ
And meanwhile BLizzard does not understand where all the toxicity comes from and hammers down on people who vent their frustrations with being matched with these people.

I've said it before, toxicity is a disease. Have someone ruin 5 matches in a row, chances are those players within those 5 matches are going to grow toxic. If you are matched three times in a row with someone who blatently afks or feeds, is there a suprise you get angry? Next thing you know you get banned for being 'toxic' while this person takes another week, month or even year ruining matches in his wake.

Blizzard needs to start focusing on the root problem of toxicity, not its symptoms.
I have been through similar problems in my games. I never play any PvP mode with any character under level 100 and a potential solution could be to increase the hero level requirement. What does a level 50 character have to lose in a free to play game? A few hours worth? This will add a bigger risk to unacceptable behavior.
This exact thing happened to me in solo league yesterday. I was just ranting to my friend about it and then we see this thread.

Any player blocked should not be able to get matched with you on your team, especially League!

If it matches them as your opponent fine, good riddance. But the current system is a recipe for failure and make players leave the game. It already takes 5-15mins to queue and draft, no one wants these outcomes, stop wasting players time Blizzard.

I blocked someone because I don't want to communicate or PLAY with them, so stop making me play with them!

At OP I feel you 100%