Whitemane's Clothing

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
About the fact she is a cleric

There is nothing about the vow of chastity in wow one should not confuse reality and a video game that can be very different in mores
08/01/2018 11:00 AMPosted by RadQuinn
I'm writing to ask why Whitemane is wearing a disgustingly small amount of clothing. She is wearing what looks like a thin, hip-high, 1-piece bathing suit. Isn't she supposed to be a priest or a cleric? You can see more of her intimate regions than are covered by her clothes. Blizzard has done this sort of thing with a lot of it's women characters (ie Kerrigan having heels?!) but this is way too far. There is no fantasy immersion or reasoning behind dressing her like this. It's purely to try and make her look sexy.

I would honestly like a response or for this to be changed.

Go clutch your pearls somewhere else
I'm a mother and play this game in the same room as my infant daughter, on a huge visible monitor, because I know a little glance at someone's Absolute Territory Field will amount to precisely nil in the way she is raised. You keep mentioning that she's showing off her private areas, when people at the beach in bikinis (or her mom on a lazy non work day) show off WAY more skin than Whitemane and STILL aren't actually showing off any nudity. The game is filled to the brim with shirtless men, trolls, orcs, etc, so having what according to the lore amounts to a Holy Dominatrix flashing her THIIIIGHS seems pretty par for the course. If this actually offends you, there's a bunch of countries in the Middle East that have women's fashion more to your liking.

P.S. Can't help but notice you use Zagara as your Avie. Did you know some of her skins show MIDRIFF? And CLEAVAGE?!?! OH NOOOOOO!
Zuljin only wears a loincloth.
Butcher only wears an apron.
Azmodan only wears a metallic belt.
Diablo is wearing nothing
Illidan only has pants on.
Junk rat only has shorts on.
ETC only has pants on.
Stitches nude.

See, I mean, women want to complain that female characters are sexualized in games - and they ARE. However, it's no different than male characters.

Every male character in HotS with a humanoid body type is absolutely jacked beyond belief and half naked. And that is not exclusive to HotS. Look at 95% of main male characters in any game.. they are attractive and ripped with perfect jaw lines, etc...

That's just how the world works. People wanna see male characters at their physical peak, because it implied strength, and the same goes for female characters. Young, fit and attractive female characters imply that they are in great shape
They should make a priest vestment for her or add an actual priest in their wow vestment.
08/02/2018 02:26 AMPosted by TheDutchMan

Every male character in HotS with a humanoid body type is absolutely jacked beyond belief and half naked.

I can't wait for "Beach Bod Deckard" skin.
08/02/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Pandora
08/02/2018 02:26 AMPosted by TheDutchMan

Every male character in HotS with a humanoid body type is absolutely jacked beyond belief and half naked.

I can't wait for "Beach Bod Deckard" skin.
Good idea! Something similar to Muten Roshi maybe. ^^
Conan the Barbarian are 2 hours of a buff, tanned male only wearing a thin loin cloth.

And don't let me talk about He-Man.
08/01/2018 07:43 PMPosted by RadQuinn
I fully realize that they attempted to depict her as she is in World of Warcraft; they did a great job. My concern is how much is shown in the pelvic region. By simply covering up her hip bone and all of the skin showing that would be covering the..erm..intimate parts..this would no longer be an issue in my mind
The only thing I can really say is tuff, you're going to have to deal with it, a lot of people including myself love her outfit.
she looks good :)
thankfully blizz are fairly good at ignoring SJWs.

SJWs just wanna ruin everything.
08/02/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Nakazawa
08/02/2018 01:08 AMPosted by Arcane
What trend?

The "It's fantasy / RPG and we have to design women that are almost naked" trend that basically existed since always. I mean, just check those old AD&D PC games. The women there were also half-naked.

Play other games from different genres and women often look quite normal, but as soon as a game (or film) has some fantasy touch (also in a Sci-Fi setting often), then women suddenly drop their cloths. It's like there is this unwritten rule "If fantasy then women need to be half naked".

You missed the point. That isn't the trend anymore. At least for everyone except Asia. In fact developers in general have gotten a little gun shy on the subject.
08/02/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Liewec

Not that good. It just seems that way sometimes because even if you give them everything they want they will still find something in it to label racist or sexist or otherwise discriminatory.
08/01/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Ethos
I mean, I knew a girl who was actually in a cult a long time ago. She wore way less than Whitemane.

08/01/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Ajduk
08/01/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Ethos
I mean, I knew a girl who was actually in a cult a long time ago. She wore way less than Whitemane.

Cults can be fun :)
I'd tell you some stuff but Blizz would ban me for saying such things

Idk if you are serious or just joking around to feel more "cool", but if its true, what for cult names are these, hm? you dont need to write what they do or you did there (cause of many obvious reasons) but the name of the cults what make both of your quotes more... honest/believable.
and stop this complaining !@#$, if you want to complain than do it in RL. there are enough women/girls who run around like they aren't aware of men's sexuality/ or just want to ignore it and call them pervs. (easy/dumb way)

and as many said, men in videogames are sometimes oversexualized aswell. the problem here is, that there are more who are ugly/monsters. its feels just more in the case of women, cause for whatever reason most girls are humans/elfs and not monsters/creatures. so if you dont want to/ can't complain in RL, and you still wanna complain => that should be looked at.
08/02/2018 02:25 AMPosted by Pandora
I'm a mother and play this game in the same room as my infant daughter, on a huge visible monitor, because I know a little glance at someone's Absolute Territory Field will amount to precisely nil in the way she is raised. You keep mentioning that she's showing off her private areas, when people at the beach in bikinis (or her mom on a lazy non work day) show off WAY more skin than Whitemane and STILL aren't actually showing off any nudity. The game is filled to the brim with shirtless men, trolls, orcs, etc, so having what according to the lore amounts to a Holy Dominatrix flashing her THIIIIGHS seems pretty par for the course. If this actually offends you, there's a bunch of countries in the Middle East that have women's fashion more to your liking.

P.S. Can't help but notice you use Zagara as your Avie. Did you know some of her skins show MIDRIFF? And CLEAVAGE?!?! OH NOOOOOO!

Nothing but respect for a mom talking about absolute territories.
How is this trash thread not deleted yet?

PURGE IT WITH HOLY FIRE!
08/02/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Liewec

SJWs just wanna ruin everything.

except for that whole tracer pose thing yunno
08/02/2018 07:51 AMPosted by shodingus
except for that whole tracer pose thing yunno

What, the thing where they took her butt pose and replaced it with a different butt pose? They didn't change it to make it less butt, they changed it because they were purging generic poses from the game.
Obvious troll attempt is obvious.
08/02/2018 02:25 AMPosted by Pandora
topkek Someone made a troll thread yesterday about how Zagara should wear panties because if you turn her around you can see a hole.