El Guapo Nexomania announcer

General Discussion
Unfortunately IMO it can only be appreciated if you are el spanol. Used it once for one game then switched. Not complaining as I have a lot of announcers, just giving feedback.
You must hate the Murky announcer, then.
I guess I understand what you mean, but it would absolutely suck to have the announcer use the default language. It wouldn't feel right if he wasn't speaking Mexican Spanish, but tbh I don't like the Mexican spanish voices of most heroes. I prefer the english ones.

I would love the option to be able to choose what language your hero/announcer speaks in, tho. Most of mine would be in English, but a Spanish-speaking morales and Portuguese speaking Lucio sound like they could make some games feel fresher. I'd even try with languages I don't understand, to see if I like the sound of it. A Russian speaking Stukov, for instance, might sound pretty cool, even if I can barely understand what he is saying.
I 100% agree, that guy is hilarious. A few things -

- In the lucha libre, there are 2 "teams." Similar to wwe's face and heel. The names are "tecnico", that always play fair and honourably, and "rudo", who are not afraid to bend the rules. The announcer always has you on the "rudos." If you hear the word tecnicos, it means the enemy has done something (kill, fort taken etc.)

My favourite saying though, is when the core is destroyed. It is translated to
"I say this contest is over, and if I say it's raining, you better take an umbrella." The context is - I say it over, and I never lie.
08/05/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Zarbane
Unfortunately IMO it can only be appreciated if you are el spanol. Used it once for one game then switched. Not complaining as I have a lot of announcers, just giving feedback.

If that was true, most ppl here would never use it, and would not have purchased it. I believe this isn't the case.
Think I would've liked it if they included an English version of the guy just so I can understand the all the funny quips and remarks he is probably making
Talento, TALENTO, TALENTOOOOOOOO...
08/05/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Hoku

Everyone neglects Butcher. =(
I don't speak a word of Spanish but El Guapo announcer is life.
08/05/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Hoku
Talento, TALENTO, TALENTOOOOOOOO...

En México hay talento, y también en el Nexo. Solo hay que apoyarlo.
I don't even care about meaning of his words. It's all about how he says it. Intonations is all the flavor and all what you need.
Maybe it because I actually speak Spanish, but I hate this announcer. His voice just grates on my ears.
Honestly the announcer does not make much sense to me. Maybe it has to do with Europe being several thousand kilometres away from Mexico, but really it seems such a cultural niece that it does not make much sense outside of the Americas. I can only imagine it was an in joke with some of the developers back at Blizzard and one of the reasons why they never localized it was to keep it a joke.

This is very different from the lunar newyear or Christmas events as both of those are known to billions of people world wide. However until the Nexomania event I had no idea such a thing even existed in real life and most people on the EU server probably were in the same position.
Some of his best lines only work in spanish, if they where translated to another language they would lose their appeal.

And remember ¡El que a hierro mata, no muere a sombrerazos!
i really like El Guapo. he has a cool voice, i dont understand what he is saying, but somehow that makes it even cooler

it reminds me of collecting magic cards. even though i dont read Asian it was somehow cooler to have cards with Asian text rather than English.
I would also enjoy El Guapo in English. For me, its an announcer that is yelling at me while I understand about half of what he is saying. In the future I recommend language localization of announcers.
El Guapo is the best announcer in HoTS which by the way is voiced by an actual Lucha Libre announcer.
Mas nieve papa?
08/05/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Hoku

Kinda... yeah.
When do we get the Li Ming announcer?
Can you translate more of his lines for me please?