Blanket Support Nerf - Majority Reversion 8 Months Later

General Discussion
Thank You dude. Great Work.
One conclusion for this is: Healers Health was too big?
08/07/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Goiaba
Thank You dude. Great Work.
One conclusion for this is: Healers Health was too big?
They probably wanted to get rid of the constant Double Support Meta with a single blow so they overnerfed(?) a bit the Supports.
And tho a lot of the changes are kinda reverted or they made new buffs to the Heroes, a lot of the changes remained and probably will and some of them got new nerfs (no Iceblock for Malf). They took power from their pve, from their survivability but they can heal almost as good (or better) than before. Making it easier to focus them down.
08/07/2018 01:42 AMPosted by Urza
Starting with Damage on Auriel since its so integral to her Healing. Well Auriel's Damage has actually gone up. The main damage on her Sacred Sweep has been reverted to pre-blanketnerf levels,

But what you cited clearly shows that her Q damage is significantly lower today then before the nerf.
Honestly I don't think the Support nerfs we're completely pointless. If we keep in mind the reason they came out was because it was to get rid of the double support meta that so many people complained about. But they didn't address why there was the meta in the first place.
Assassin damage is to high. The fact that you were able to run 2 war 2 sup 1 assassin just goes to show that the 1 assassin was able to do enough damage to force comps to go with a second support just to sustain through the damage.
I would be really interested to know if Blizz has a Reghar level rebalancing for Uther.
Uther is still pretty strong in co-ordinated teams, but with such a sustained dps meta we are in, it doesn't really favor him for general purpose.
Reghar can literarily just be thrown into any draft now and be a great pick.

Lucio I don't really care about being viable like at all.
Hit character and kit are all just super annoying and obnoxious.

BW Im more neutral on, if they buffed her I would probably play her more but her kit is pretty uninteresting and she has a weird niche
She is like a slow sustained passive healer, but one of her key abilities (Polymorph) and Ultimates (Emerald Wind) are both anti-dive but if your going anti dive you usually want burst-healing in addition to CC.
So since Deckard and Uther are both far superior anti-dive supports where else would you take BW?
Sustained healers there are like 7 better so im not even gunna list them.
Cause she has a global? You would be better off with Reghar because his PVE is still insanely under-valued and good.
Does BW base kit even have a place besides double support?
08/08/2018 04:15 AMPosted by rcw
08/07/2018 01:42 AMPosted by Urza
Starting with Damage on Auriel since its so integral to her Healing. Well Auriel's Damage has actually gone up. The main damage on her Sacred Sweep has been reverted to pre-blanketnerf levels,

But what you cited clearly shows that her Q damage is significantly lower today then before the nerf.
Does it? The side damage on her Q is down by 15, but the center damage is the same as it used to be.

My impression is that good Auriels do most of their damage with the center of their Q and with their AA, if the sides ever hit anything its accidental.
If you take a look at the profiles of really good Auriel players like OJ, thats what they talent for as well; center and AA:
https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=6728727

One thing that I've noticed is that most of the healing and damage that they gave back was skill-conditional.
Malfurion can do more healing now, potentially, but it was much easier to do a moderate amount of healing before when you just had to keep your Regrowths up on a few targets.
Auriel can do more damage and at least as much healing now, potentially, but its more reliant on the Auriel to do damage and less on her battery, but this is conditional on her hitting the center of her Sacred Sweep, not the sides.
Kharazim never had much of his healing or damage actually reverted, but with the health buff a good Kharazim can spend more time in melee range doing things and so can actually be more effective.
Brightwing I could make a similar argument for, but no one cares about BW.
Li Li became much more skill-based with the rework, Deckard, Ana, Alex, and Whitemane are all of course much more skill based than previous healer designs

The skill floor and skill ceiling on supports as a whole has gone up by a mile. If you're a support player up near the ceiling you should be able to do as much or more than you could before. If you're closer to the skill floor for these supports, or below it, you probably wont get as much out of supports as you would a year ago.