How to avoid getting silenced and/or banned

General Discussion
08/11/2018 06:08 PMPosted by monDAy
It's his opinion.

See, that's the point he's trying to make to you. That it's entirely subjective.
No it's not.
08/11/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Draco
08/11/2018 06:08 PMPosted by monDAy
It's his opinion.

See, that's the point he's trying to make to you. That it's entirely subjective.
No it's not.

Actually, yes it is.

He said it the best. Also I love how your kind of people can never address the entire post.. just a small part where you can strawman your way out.

Try addressing the entire post. I will await your answer.
What the actual !@#$...
08/11/2018 09:03 PMPosted by StrikerJolt
Try addressing the entire post
The beginning is terrible, why should I bother with the rest
Or you can just contribute in your games. The contribution per match is taken into account so as long as that's how it's hard to ban you.

As an amazing one trick hammer player in hero League I get ban and death threats from people every game and I get reported but I've never gotten banned because I'm usually way better than everyone else on my team and I get top experience, hero damage and siege damage and it's hard to ban that.
08/11/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Draco
08/11/2018 09:03 PMPosted by StrikerJolt
Try addressing the entire post
The beginning is terrible, why should I bother with the rest

Lol, wow. Can't handled an open conversation of ideas then? Bravo. Real mature and you dare tell us we are being toxic where you can't even spit your own ideas and beliefs?
08/11/2018 10:03 PMPosted by TitanJesus
I get ban and death threats from people every game

They're abusing you to your face and you still can't see why this system is horrible?
08/11/2018 10:14 PMPosted by StrikerJolt
Lol, wow. Can't handled an open conversation of ideas then?
Yes I can, when it's not terrible. Can't you read?

you dare tell us we are being toxic
Yes, I ''dare'' telling people who insult others that they are toxics. Here is my ''idea'' and ''belief''
TLDR; dont wanna ger silenced and suspended? uninstall the game.

im coming off my 2 week ban (for stating fact but anyways) and i wont be playing for the rest of the summer anyways because BfA is out. ill play a game that actually rewards me for time put in.
TLDR; dont wanna ger silenced and suspended? don't be toxic in the game.

im coming off my 2 week ban (for insulting my allies but anyways) and i wont be playing for the rest of the summer anyways because BfA is out. ill play a game that actually leave me alone when I'm toxic.

Fixed
08/12/2018 08:43 AMPosted by xPaleHorse
TLDR; dont wanna ger silenced and suspended? uninstall the game.

im coming off my 2 week ban (for stating fact but anyways) and i wont be playing for the rest of the summer anyways because BfA is out. ill play a game that actually rewards me for time put in.
Or you know go outside or get a life?
08/12/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Draco
Lol, wow. Can't handled an open conversation of ideas then?
Yes I can, when it's not terrible. Can't you read?

you dare tell us we are being toxic
Yes, I ''dare'' telling people who insult others that they are toxics. Here is my ''idea'' and ''belief''

Alright, let's take that at face value for a moment.

You're playing a hero - doing quite bad and picking the wrong heroic for what the team composition and the enemy team as well.

I tell you this, politely.... but.. another player just said - "Lul, it's just QM bro."

Whose being toxic?

If you can't take constructive criticism. You're already a foot in the grave in real life. Keep digging that hole baby.

If you're not actually going to put effort into learning the game and learning to get better in a hyper competitive environment. Why are you even here?

Professional sports generally have rules to allow some back and forth bantering between opposite teams before the Referee needs to interfere. This has probably been going on before your even alive. If you can't handle some insults in a hyper competitive environment. You clearly don't belong playing in that environment.

To put this in context. You need actual skill to even be on the football team, soccer team, whatever. If you don't make the cut, you don't get a chance to play. But anyone can download any game at any time regardless of skill or even basic understandings of the game. Then let's take the fact that must gamers are teenagers, young adults, who are still learning emotion control and the such. Let's also take the fact that most gamers are casuals. (No hate. Just a fact.)

.... So what you're doing is putting a lot of casual gamers in a hyper competitive environment in which they have zero understanding and experience being in on a mechanical/skill level and social experience and trying to force the community to bend around not being offensive.

No wonder why you're getting so much push back from the major part of the community. You don't belong here. This is like going into the military and crying because all the officers are yelling at you. Like - honestly. What did you expect?

This like you if you hate rock music but went to a rock concert and demanded the rock artist stop performing because you hate rock. You're going to get boo'd right out the door baby.

If any of you, played any sports team that doesn't hand out rewards at the every match. If you actually played in highschool/college sports. You would be used to be insulted by the enemy and your teammates. It's just naturally apart of the environment. But video games aren't treated like real life or social groups since any random person can get on. You would be used to harsh language and crap.

I'm fully for banning the toxic of the toxic players who use racist slurs and such. But anything else than that.

Mute/block/grow a thicker skin.
08/12/2018 09:42 AMPosted by StrikerJolt
You're playing a hero - doing quite bad and picking the wrong heroic for what the team composition and the enemy team as well.
Alright

I tell you this, politely.... but.. another player just said - "Lul, it's just QM bro."

Whose being toxic?
No one.

If you can't take constructive criticism. You're already a foot in the grave in real life. Keep digging that hole baby.
Are you talking to me? I usually agree when people tell me I did things wrong in the game, when they say it politely, which is rare.

If you can't handle some insults in a hyper competitive environment. You clearly don't belong playing in that environment.
People in a ''competitive'' video game want to be competitive and have fun, not to hear your random insults. If you can't socialize and be respectful, don't play a multiplayer game, play alone.

So what you're doing is putting a lot of casual gamers in a hyper competitive environment in which they have zero understanding and experience being in on a mechanical/skill level and social experience and trying to force the community to bend around not being offensive.
Some people are bad or are less good than you. Do they deserve to be insulted?

No wonder why you're getting so much push back from the major part of the community. You don't belong here.
I really don't care about all of your virtual downvotes my friend. And I belong here just like any other heroes of the storm players. What doesn't belong here or in the game is people who wish other cancer and tell that they are idiots because they don't play 50h a week like you.

This is like going into the military and crying because all the officers are yelling at you. Like - honestly. What did you expect?
I expect better comparisons

This like you if you hate rock music but went to a rock concert and demanded the rock artist stop performing because you hate rock. You're going to get boo'd right out the door baby.
Sorry I thought the game was heroes of the storm not ''It's fine to insult each others''

Or report him and save the others the trouble with him
08/12/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Draco
Alright

Whose being toxic?
No one.

Are you talking to me? I usually agree when people tell me I did things wrong in the game, when they say it politely, which is rare.

If you can't handle some insults in a hyper competitive environment. You clearly don't belong playing in that environment.
People in a ''competitive'' video game want to be competitive and have fun, not to hear your random insults. If you can't socialize and be respectful, don't play a multiplayer game, play alone.

So what you're doing is putting a lot of casual gamers in a hyper competitive environment in which they have zero understanding and experience being in on a mechanical/skill level and social experience and trying to force the community to bend around not being offensive.
Some people are bad or are less good than you. Do they deserve to be insulted?

No wonder why you're getting so much push back from the major part of the community. You don't belong here.
I really don't care about all of your virtual downvotes my friend. And I belong here just like any other heroes of the storm players. What doesn't belong here or in the game is people who wish other cancer and tell that they are idiots because they don't play 50h a week like you.

This is like going into the military and crying because all the officers are yelling at you. Like - honestly. What did you expect?
I expect better comparisons

Sorry I thought the game was heroes of the storm not ''It's fine to insult each others''

Or report him and save the others the trouble with him

I seriously love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love how you skipped over the sports section. Baby, in competitive environments. There have always been insults and fighting. There are entire rules based around it. There are things you can do and can't do. You generally have 2-3 minutes of being able to "work it out" before the referee has to come and break it up. And guess what? If you don't stop. You get penalized for it.

What is consider "toxic" is already defined and has examples in everything sportsmanship out there. HotS and other highly competitive games need to follow suit given their natural competitive nature.

It's never black and white in sports. Have you see my country idea of effing hockey?

http://prntscr.com/khq2zk

Here's a picture that sums it up. You don't think we punched each other in my highschool and threw insults each other? But there is one thing we are all taught. Good sportsmanship and being a good sportsman is leaving that !@#$ behind the moment you walk out of the arena.

But most people have never played a serious sport in their lives. Therefor have no emotional/social skills involving and or handling being in a highly competitive environment. And simply banning anything that's deem negative does not improve social skills or emotional control. It makes them worse. It leaves the person in a child-like state where they can't manage their emotions properly or even address certain situations outside of gaming/sports. To but it plainly. They remain a child even if they're an adult. Dealing with negativity is apart of being mature.

It can also go both ways. Dealing with too much negativity or too little negativity can leave people child-like.

This is coming from a clinical psychologist