How come HotS isn't fun anymore?

General Discussion
My take on why the game is "bad"

1) Blizzard acknowledged that the upcoming PBMM will be HL-exclusive which is an absolute dumb decision to make (if you read this, Blizz_Joe/Mr. Piepiora). Every mode needs it at this point.

2) Important changes takes way too long until they hit the game. Hyper Mobility/Hard CC all over the place. Genji was for a long time a breaking point, followed by Fenix with his sleeper potential.

3) DevTeam has actually no clue what they want from the game. First, they introduce Multi-Class and then scrap it, later on they bring in Quest Talents which are getting reduced and now they are changing the rock-scissor-paper hero system with Fenix because they felt that some heroes are too caught in their niche. It doesn't help either that they are casual players who can't difference between good and bad matchmaking or simply don't care. I'm interested to see which negative change they will introduce after the upcoming BlizzCon is over, like they did it last year.

I'm tired of their excuses, to be honest. But hey, let's go to Reddit and have some happy time in this hive-minded, artificial fun environment where most criticism gets downvoted for no apparent reason but because it's negative feedback. Do what you do best, Devs, just look away and let Lana post some good artistic vibes there and everywhere. But at least you guys showed some effort during the last reddit ama.
The game went downhill the moment overwatch was introduced to the universe. What an awful, awful game.

"Someone has an opinion I disagree with and it's ruining the game."

"character X is fun" is an opinion. "hero X is OP and needs a nerf despite no statistical evidence that proves this" is being incorrect and is harmful to the game when devs listen to it.

Blizz doesn't listen to anyone or anything but their own internal sTaTs.

Fantasy unfortunately. they admitted that Chromie was statistically balanced and nerfed her anyway, citing all of the bronze complaints like "UNFUN", "FRUSTRATING!", "NO COUNTERPLAY!", etc. you don't have to believe me either. just read the patch notes yourself. no real mention of extreme winrates or being too good in high level play or anything of the sort.

Scrub posts, GM posts, or "GM" posts. It don't matter.

It does matter since a lot of major balance changes are made with scrubs in mind and ignore high level play completely. Tracer got her burst damage nerfed a few months ago due to low skill complaints. they buffed her AA damage in return and as a result, her winrate shot up in high skill play. chromie's nerf ruined her high skill play winrates. Genji keeps getting nerfed because of scrub complaints even though his winrate is balanced in high level play.

When heroes are constantly nerfed for the sake of extremely low level play, high level play will become more scarce as people stop having fun and leave. then what happens is the playerbase has an exodus of good players while a lot of crap players refuse to get better. this is likely one of the key factors in matchmaking being so bad. the number of good players is decreasing so they get matched with bronze nobodies who don't even know what a gank is.

This ruins the game for everyone in the long run, objectively speaking. high skill players don't have fun being matched with people who can't tie their own shoes and low skill players don't have fun getting bodied by vastly superior enemy players.
08/24/2018 08:26 PMPosted by ForeverSalty
08/24/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Imperius
My wallet awaits for Imperius

My wallet awaits D3 Mephisto skin.

Credit card standing by!

But where is Janitor/Custodian Leoric?
08/24/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Norber
Devs and balance around Esports kill this game. Alpha and Beta would be more enjoyable and fun than actual HotS. They don't understanding this game thats why their changes more looks like simulation of work.

I wish I could go back to preseason like 2-3 years ago. Much smaller game but it had a rhythm that was consistent and made sense across all heroes and gameplay
08/25/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Nakazawa
Crappy matchmaking, questionable hero reworks that most of the community don't like, but they still do them. A reporting system imported from North Korea, bugs that aren't being fixed for ages, mobility and power creep and a pseudo esports focus while in fact they do everything to cater to the casual weekend player crowd.

This pretty much sums it up
08/27/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Crono1000
08/25/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Nakazawa
Crappy matchmaking, questionable hero reworks that most of the community don't like, but they still do them. A reporting system imported from North Korea, bugs that aren't being fixed for ages, mobility and power creep and a pseudo esports focus while in fact they do everything to cater to the casual weekend player crowd.

And worst of all, no new Overwatch heroes this year.
And worst of all, no new Overwatch heroes this year.[/quote]

They're coming with the next OW-event. But they're finally aware how negative the overall reception was, like back when they released five Warcraft-Assassin heroes in the row.
It was right around HOTS 2.0 when I can say the game really started going downhill.
I never posted in such threads that the game has died, but HotS loses more and more what I loved it for

Too much focus on e-sport and high-league, too little focus on actuall FUN.

There are less and less unique and lovely made features:
- 3D arts ( why in the world we cant at least turn on old ones??!)
- Hero trailers
- 3D portraits for draft ( again, why in the world its not OPTIONAL?)
- What we get instead? Mediocre comics with so-so plot.
My personal opinion - the game about the universes of blizzard should have been more focused on the heroes of blizzard, skilful play on nostalgia and the healty fan service, instead of inventing their own heroes, and half-made stories.

There are more and more changes to plain and boring hero designs, really LoL(DotA)-like balance philosophy:
- No more "batte healers" (Rehgar, LiLi and now - Tyrande). Supps are healers only, tank are tanks only, if they lucky enough - they could keep *some* waveclear. For now. Almost all hereos strictly tied to their role and "niche.tm" like never before.
- Less and less focus and attention on hero flawor and design ( Whitemane w/o any kind of ressurection refference, Alexstraza and Memephisto models drama), they more oriented on *balance.tm* ( e-sport) then about hero flavor or fun. (*cough* Tassadar *cough*)
- More and more "hyper-carry" heroes ( Genji, Tracer, Mephisto maybe?)
- Half-made and forgotten ideas ( Banners? PvE-Brawls? 2.0 skins with some minor and fun changes, like Valla and Xul new sets, Terramore Jaina, WC3 Illydan and so on? Instead we get TONS of recolors, hello Overwatch.)
- Flashy, LoL-like teamfights, with tons of burst and CC. Rememer 2017, or beta? Teamfights could last few minutes! It was about tactic, postioning not "who will burst first" or "protected btw"
- No place for "fun" heroes in current design. Who was last? Cho'Gall if i remember correctly? Well, maybe Ragna. Wanted core replace heroes, like Old Gods or Overmind? Forget it, no place in e-sport for them.

Dont get me wrong, i love this game like no other, it just pains me to see, how its becomes more and more.....Generic?
The game is bad because weekend players who are terrible get to report good players into oblivion. The lack of soaking and objectives is absolutely ridiculous these days; and this actually goes into everyones argument about balance around eSports. Many new(er) players openly state in these forums that this is a PvP game (what?) and that fights are what really matter. Then they proceed to complain about maps like BHB and Garden of Terror because they refuse to actually learn how to strategize and balance map control & objective play along with timely team fighting.

There are also the people who simply don't care if they win or lose ... which is REALLY REALLY TOXIC.