Hero Request - Cairne/Baine Bloodhoof

General Discussion
I would like to request a Tauren Warchief as a playable hero in HotS. I was greatly saddened by the use of E.T.C, simply because you guys implemented Orcs, Elves, Humans in their original form and lore... but you chose to make the only Tauren character implemented... into a rockstar, guitar-holding tank, with a weird Metalica-style voice... like why dude why?!?!

Taurens in Warcraft are based on the First Nation peoples of America and Turkic (central asian) nomadic culture obviously... in the lore they are a tribal people that attempt to live alongside nature, while maintaining their cultural and spiritual beliefs.

They are incredibly powerful and honorable warriors, hunters and tribes people. The characters I would like to base this on is either Cairne Bloodhoof (the Tauren Chief that joined Thrall's Horde) or his son, Baine Bloodhoof that would take leadership of the tribe after Cairne's defeat.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Cairne_Bloodhoof
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Baine_Bloodhoof

I feel that they should be put in their original form as Tauren-themed chieftains, similar to how we saw them in Warcraft 3

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Cairne_Bloodhoof#/media/File:Cairne_Bloodhoof_TCG.jpg

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/hearthstone_gamepedia/3/35/Cairne_Bloodhoof_-_Baine_Bloodhoof.jpg?version=6ac9ce923854a01fdaa66bae26a4926c

Their abilities should be based around their primal strength, but also their spiritual power. I'd like to see them more as a fighter / heavy assassin where they could charge into frontline battle and smash it up, before retreating back to their line.

I would imagine something like

Q = Totem Smash (area of effect smash similar to Chen's except that it hits long-ways, slows/dazes enemies

W = Blessing of the Earth Mother (similar to Malfurions heal over time) the character drops a drum that heals the caster and nearby allies

E = Thunderous Clash (similar to Diablo's charge) the character smashes into a target and side-whacks everyone in front of him.

I'd like to see something like this, themed around the Tauren's natural strength and spiritual prowess, emphasizing their culture and strength.
Sounds great, they should make it happen.
Boop

Is what someone would say if Baine/Cairn Bloodhoof made it into the game.
I'd be cool with them bringing in Cairne or Baine.
I hate cows.
09/15/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Azula
I hate cows.

Why? did they eat your grass too? :(
I'm all for a tauren bruiser hero. ETC was kinda disappointing, he is not bad, but he was more of a glorified meme than an actual lore figure. (Plus he is more of a tank/bard than a bruiser which tauren units usually were in WC3).
Sounds good to me. They already have a Tauren model, shouldn't be too difficult.
I'd love to see Cairne in the Nexus. But about elves being implemented in their original lore, I'm missing a high elf hero. They were the original Warcraft elves, after all.
I have faint but fond memories of WC3 (never played WoW), but Cairne Bloodhoof was the one Tauren I remembered and I liked him. I'm kinda bothered that the one Tauren they do have is a bit of a joke character so it seems..
Joke characters are not bad... ETC has its "fun" role and his mechanics are quite cool.

But I completely agree that Cairne deserves his spot.. I don't know too much about Baine's achievements but (as an ol' nostalgic w3 player) Cairne is just badass...

And I assume he would have very interesting dialogues with Rexxar, Chen and Garrosh
Sooner or later, Baine will have to come to the Nexus, in order to retrieve his balls from Sylvanas.

I'd rather have Cairne, though.
It must be Cairne. I will not accept anything less. WC3 veterans demand it!
after Baal, Cairne is my number 1 request for new heroes, give me a real tauren dammit.
Why the E.T.C hate? The band has been playing at The World's End Tavern in Shattrath since TBC, as Well as the Grim Guzzler and the darkroom faire. They're the virtual version of a Blizzard band, some of which worked and are probably still working on the game. That's why he was one of the first heroes created. He wasn't just some meme character created for HotS.

I don't find the Bloodhoof's to be very interesting. Aside from a very brief questline in W3, what exactly has Cairne done? He died in a book before Cataclysm's release and was nothing more than part of an alliance achievement. Baine has done even less. It's like he got a new model in BfA just to whine about Saurfang being left behind at the Battle for Lordaeron.

Maybe include Huln Highmountain. Have Eche'ro included somehow. Alternatively, Xaranataur. First tauren druid dating back to before the night elves. Or Hamuul Runetotem for a more current druid. Could finally have a shapeshifting one, instead of resto malfurion.

Magatha Grimtotem would be way cooler. Chieftan of the Grimtotem tribe. Let's get a dark shaman in the nexus who has more lore in WoW than Cairne and Baine combined. Not to mention her kit would be cooler than just smashing a totem.
We need Cairne, he is the one that was beating the crap out of Garrosh until he was poisoned. Even Garrosh admited that he would lose.
We need the Tauren Chieftain in hots.
We need the Tauren Chieftain from WC3 in HOTS... now!!
09/17/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Gnarilex
Why the E.T.C hate? The band has been playing at The World's End Tavern in Shattrath since TBC, as Well as the Grim Guzzler and the darkroom faire. They're the virtual version of a Blizzard band, some of which worked and are probably still working on the game. That's why he was one of the first heroes created. He wasn't just some meme character created for HotS.

I don't find the Bloodhoof's to be very interesting. Aside from a very brief questline in W3, what exactly has Cairne done? He died in a book before Cataclysm's release and was nothing more than part of an alliance achievement. Baine has done even less. It's like he got a new model in BfA just to whine about Saurfang being left behind at the Battle for Lordaeron.

Maybe include Huln Highmountain. Have Eche'ro included somehow. Alternatively, Xaranataur. First tauren druid dating back to before the night elves. Or Hamuul Runetotem for a more current druid. Could finally have a shapeshifting one, instead of resto malfurion.

Magatha Grimtotem would be way cooler. Chieftan of the Grimtotem tribe. Let's get a dark shaman in the nexus who has more lore in WoW than Cairne and Baine combined. Not to mention her kit would be cooler than just smashing a totem.

How dare you!
09/17/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Gnarilex
I don't find the Bloodhoof's to be very interesting. Aside from a very brief questline in W3, what exactly has Cairne done? He died in a book before Cataclysm's release and was nothing more than part of an alliance achievement
If you have time, play the w3 campaigns including the Rexxar one..

The Horde exists pretty much thanks to Cairne
Cairne Bloodhoof is one of my most wanted Warcraft Heroes (next to Grom Hellscream). He really should have his Warcraft 3 look in my opinion.