The concept of Kelthuzad is trash

General Discussion
we have threads debating on whether the latest changes to KTZ were good or not.

Then we have threads like this where the poster thinks KTZ is just OP because they had an incident in Bronze 19 play where a KTZ killed him with a good combo.

Amazing.
08/29/2018 02:06 AMPosted by aubergine
I have seen persons with a winrate of up to 77% with him
I have a 70% winrate with Nova in HL so therfore she is op and needs more nerfs.
08/29/2018 02:38 PMPosted by StrikerJolt
I don't know why a hero got added to the game who can oneshoot 1-2 people on a 16s cooldown and can respawn in the lategame.

While the hero is balanced over the whole playerbase, I have seen persons with a winrate of up to 77% with him. And it's the only hero that offers such an insane solo carry potential, since there is no counterplay against stuff you can cast every few seconds.

Since games are mostly decided in 1-2 final fights and the enemy team can walk through your towers and keep as it would be made out of paper, I really dislike this concept.

"There's no counter play."

Nah, you just suck. I have plenty heroes close to 60% winrate. I'm sure it would be higher if I only focus those heroes.

There's plenty of counters to KTZ. You're just a salty loser. So sick of these "NO COUNTER PLAY" threads.

Ok you are very personal. If I'm searching for advise from an NA bronze player (https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=7986067) I will let you know.

In the meantime your job will be to realize that a master KTZ can't be countered by murky or whatever. The highest winrate I have seen in masters was a player with 77% winrate with KTZ. And this is abnormal and only down to the fact that every KTZ counter beside Medivh was nerfed into oblivion.

And the concept of respawn and oneshoots is just trash. What is the next hero able to do? Kill the core directly when he presses e-w-e-r in the right order?
08/29/2018 02:51 PMPosted by aubergine
08/29/2018 02:38 PMPosted by StrikerJolt

"There's no counter play."

Nah, you just suck. I have plenty heroes close to 60% winrate. I'm sure it would be higher if I only focus those heroes.

There's plenty of counters to KTZ. You're just a salty loser. So sick of these "NO COUNTER PLAY" threads.

Ok you are very personal. If I'm searching for advise from an NA bronze player (https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=7986067) I will let you know.

In the meantime your job will be to realize that a master KTZ can't be countered by murky or whatever. The highest winrate I have seen in masters was a player with 77% winrate with KTZ. And this is abnormal and only down to the fact that every KTZ counter beside Medivh was nerfed into oblivion.

And the concept of respawn and oneshoots is just trash. What is the next hero able to do? Kill the core directly when he presses e-w-e-r in the right order?

Good try, baby. But that's not me. <3 All you had to do is look at the time played.

16 Days, 11 Hours, 4 Minutes

I've been posting on the forums and playing for 2/3 years now.

Stay salty, stay a sore loser, and remember. There are counter to plays KTZ. Instead of trying to pass the buck. Look the mirror and get better at the game.
08/29/2018 03:06 PMPosted by StrikerJolt

Good try, baby. But that's not me. <3 All you had to do is look at the time played.

Stay salty, stay a sore loser, and remember. There are counter to plays KTZ. Instead of trying to pass the buck. Look the mirror and get better at the game.

LuL it's the only StrikerJolt in the database. Nice try NA bronzie. HF insulting people without saying something.
08/29/2018 03:10 PMPosted by aubergine
08/29/2018 03:06 PMPosted by StrikerJolt

LuL it's the only StrikerJolt in the database. Nice try NA bronzie. HF insulting people without saying something.

.... Yup. That's me. I only played 16 days. You caught me. I've been here for years just trolling people. You caught me. Bravo. I only played the game for two weeks and quit.

/Sarcasm.

Edit:

http://prntscr.com/kofaff

GUYS I'M A TIME TRAVELLER.
08/29/2018 03:14 PMPosted by StrikerJolt

.... Yup. That's me. I only played 16 days. You caught me. I've been here for years just trolling people. You caught me. Bravo. I only played the game for two weeks and quit.

/Sarcasm.

Edit:

What has posting in this forum to do with playing the game? You are just an troll that insults other people without providing anything about the topic. Get a life kiddy.
08/29/2018 03:31 PMPosted by aubergine
08/29/2018 03:14 PMPosted by StrikerJolt

/Sarcasm.

Edit:

What has posting in this forum to do with playing the game? You are just an troll that insults other people without providing anything about the topic. Get a life kiddy.

God, you are one dense person. Bye. Stay salty. <3 Stay a sore loser. <3

But guys.
Look, and look at my "hotslog profile"

Clearly, I'm a time traveller. I'll do a AMA soon.
I have news for you, if you think kt is bad about 100-0 you, wait until you face a good jaina that can 100- your whole team,keal 1 shooting you from stun, guldan fearing you into eating corruption, butcher charging with ult( either one really late game), gaz womboing your team or...... many many others. Hell you would pull your hair out when we had old nova with gp double fake, hot shots and rewind.
I'm completely terrible with Kel'Thuzad, with all those combos and stuff. I don't see how to do it properly.
But I have a question (a genuine question): why would I spend a lot of time trying to make it work with him, when I can deal an insane amount of damages with Kael'Thas or Jaina, with less issues? What exactly would make Kel'Thuzad a better choice than other "magical nukers"?
08/29/2018 04:07 PMPosted by LexRage
I'm completely terrible with Kel'Thuzad, with all those combos and stuff. I don't see how to do it properly.
But I have a question (a genuine question): why would I spend a lot of time trying to make it work with him, when I can deal an insane amount of damages with Kael'Thas or Jaina, with less issues? What exactly would make Kel'Thuzad a better choice than other "magical nukers"?

I also tried to get good with KTZ and I gave up with frustration. But you're right, I tend to blow away with ease with Kael'thas. Heh, I'm well above 10+ kills each game, good siege, good hero damage, all that. :D I can micro pretty well with him now, one of my best heroes.

I just need to sit down in AI matches practice with KTZ. I think the problem is I keep doing to pull it up quickly without practice.
Kel'Thuzad is a Hero.

You are nothing.
I can deal up to 6K damage to anyone I catch in a null gate with Probius after 20. Not quite every 16s, but 30s - is this also bad design? Not really. It's frustrating when you watch your team seemingly forgets what Kel is capable of, but I wouldn't say he was badly designed. You just have to draft accordingly. He's actually slightly stronger than he was before so people have been banning him more recently anyway.
Good to know good KTZ player is making a you frustrated. Finally a hero that rewards skill? If you think he's so good, or so easy to master, then why don't you try. Maybe YOU'RE the one thats trash.

Also, Diablo instant respawns more often that KTZ, so is he trash concept too?
09/01/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Xjien
Good to know good KTZ player is making a you frustrated. Finally a hero that rewards skill? If you think he's so good, or so easy to master, then why don't you try. Maybe YOU'RE the one thats trash.

Also, Diablo instant respawns more often that KTZ, so is he trash concept too?

https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=7274964

Hi NA silver player. Nice to meet you xD
Some of the theorycraft is so dumb

"just move away from your teammate who got chained"

oh yeah so KTZ should have an E that isolates the enemy team from a player?

The problem with KTZ is his moronic 75% spellpower quest and insanely low CDs
who can oneshoot 1-2 people

Not really.
Rework kinda killed that.
(Yes, I have tried running the one-shot build, I had three stacks of Power of Icecrown, max Blight and was using the Chains talent from lvl. 1, and the talent that increases Glacial Spike's damage by 250%, still couldn't kill a Xul that was at roughly 80% health.)
It's worth noting that there is more to KTZ than just missing or insta deleting. There is everything in between too.

Many times it's a case of landing his chain, but getting frost nova in the wrong spot. Either that or they do land nova, but not in the centre so it's just a slow instead of a root. This allows the player to narrowly escape the fissure ult.
Aubergine has no arguments anymore and is unable to accept that he needs to learn the game.