Dear god blizzard, please don't kill the huntress!

General Discussion
you mean a priestess?
Keep in mind she's support and this brings up a good point, as support you shouldn't worry so much about damage done but healing given:

https://old.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/99kvwz/tyrandes_rework_is_a_straight_up_buff_even_with/
Blizzard completely changing a hero's playstyle in a way nobody asked for instead of addressing actual problems within the game? Wow! That's a completely new one! Never happened before!

I wonder how many more huge !@#$ups can they make before the game finally dies. My guess is that it's getting pretty close to the critical mass.
Current Tyrande has great utility in damage prevention. Dead things can't hurt you.
If you're not being hurt, you don't need healing.

Cutting time to kill by 25% and adding a lot of personal DPS with some sustain and cc was a fun way to support the team.

While a viable solo-healer build would be nice it's not worth trashing everything Tyrande has going for her just so she can be another generic healbot when changing a talent or 2 could address most of the ongoing complaints.
08/23/2018 06:19 AMPosted by MrEcchi
Blizzard completely changing a hero's playstyle in a way nobody asked for instead of addressing actual problems within the game? Wow! That's a completely new one! Never happened before!

I wonder how many more huge !@#$ups can they make before the game finally dies. My guess is that it's getting pretty close to the critical mass.

Hasn't literally every single rework been a huge success lately? Medivh, Sonya, Lunara, Diablo, Raynor, Azmodan...

"how many more huge !@#$ups can they make" - suuure...

08/23/2018 08:11 AMPosted by JackXombi
While a viable solo-healer build would be nice it's not worth trashing everything Tyrande has going for her

Clearly, she doesn't have a lot of going for her with her 0% pickrate.
08/22/2018 11:22 PMPosted by DeltaPangaea
When a support can out-duel assassins, something has gone wrong. Besides, who even likes elves anyway?

Kill her dead.

I "out duel" assassins as lili ALL THE TIME.
08/23/2018 06:09 AMPosted by KingEnoshima
Keep in mind she's support and this brings up a good point, as support you shouldn't worry so much about damage done but healing given:

https://old.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/99kvwz/tyrandes_rework_is_a_straight_up_buff_even_with/

Utter nonsense; it is a straight nerf and needs to be undone. Even if it would make her the most OP healer ever it would still be a destruction of her role and playstyle and would therefore be in need of total annihilation.

Also people who don´t even understand the difference between a support and a healer should not make wisecracker posts.
The recent reworks seem to be highly unbalanced: Raynor and Azmodan are op, Chromie isn't even a hero anymore, Artanis is impossible to kill, and now it seems like Tyrande is going to suck big time too. For awhile the reworks were just fine, but recently they have been terrible and the heroes that get reworked either suck or are op afterwards.
For the most part I like the changes and people have been asking for it. The main reason people have been asking for a change to Tyrande is that outside of QM you can rarely draft her.

Her pick rate is very low in HL, it's rare to find a spot for her in draft where another hero couldn't do the same role, but better. Her wave clear is very poor, she brings great utility and damage, but isn't a replacement for a full support or an assassin like Valla.

I get why many people don't trust this rework considering some recent reworks or don't want it, especially if you only play Tyrande in Quick Match. I think some of the changes don't make sense or seem outright bad. But clearing defining her role as a main support is a good start so she is not left in the dust in HL pick-rates.
Her auto attack was nerfed from 82 to 55, a whopping 33 percent
Her hunters mark was nerfed from an armor reduction of 25 to 15, one of her PRIMARY identities. She helps secure kills on targets, this trait should never be changed. Period.
Her lunar flare and sentinel damage have both been nerfed by 28 and 23 percent respectively.
Shadowstalk is now a pure healing and stealth granting heroic.

All supports have had their damage nerfed.

Why shouldn't hunter's mark be changed?

The damage of lunar flare was irrelevant. It's the stun that got you killed.

Owl was obviously going to be nerfed. Why should any hero be able to chunk another one globally, with no counter play possible? It's not like your target can hit you back.

Shadowstalk does the same thing it did before, except your whole team gets the bonus plus heals instead of just you. How are you losing anything there?
08/23/2018 09:54 AMPosted by BowShooter8
The recent reworks seem to be highly unbalanced: Raynor and Azmodan are op, Chromie isn't even a hero anymore, Artanis is impossible to kill, and now it seems like Tyrande is going to suck big time too. For awhile the reworks were just fine, but recently they have been terrible and the heroes that get reworked either suck or are op afterwards.

You miss out KTZ that cannot chain building.
KTZ got so many counter and the chain is skill shot. This game full of mobile hero and charge hero like genji,butcher, varian, anubrak.... When ktz able to chain people and frost them, those hero will also able to eat ktz. Really no point to take away that.

From their work, they really discourage people using high skill hero. They want more people using raynor which just move move hit hit and kill kill.
08/23/2018 12:13 PMPosted by phaseshifter
All supports have had their damage nerfed.

Tyrande is a hybrid and her damage was already way too low.

Why shouldn't hunter's mark be changed?

Part of her identity, good part of her damage and utility.

The damage of lunar flare was irrelevant. It's the stun that got you killed.

You´ve obviously never seen a well stacked flare.

Owl was obviously going to be nerfed. Why should any hero be able to chunk another one globally, with no counter play possible? It's not like your target can hit you back.

There is a difference between preventing global poke and absolutely destroying any utility apllication of an ability (debuff now only affects first target, same with the % damage talent). So even if you took the hyperlame active pierce talent, you would not gain anything.

Shadowstalk does the same thing it did before,

It´s functionality is completely different. No more attack speed bonus equls even less damage.

08/23/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Berengaria
But clearing defining her role as a main support is a good start so she is not left in the dust in HL pick-rates.

HL is irrelevant and her role was already well defined as an utility supp with healing and damage. She only needed a few buffs/a bit more survivability before 20.
I'm glad I don't work at Blizzard, because I would be ashamed to show this.

This is embarrassing to look at. How this even got past play testing when she is a damage oriented support is beyond me. Okay, she is a legitimate pick for healing now instead of being damage with a splash of healing, but if her damage is nerfed this hard, she is still going to be never picked.

Blizzard, please stop smacking your heads on the keyboard and pretending your reworks are good. Or get someone competent to look at the numbers and playtest it themselves. Aka, not your current employees or current PTR.

TL;DR, stop breaking the role of a character for homogenization because you're too lazy to even bother trying to do your job. You're better than this.

Everything is NOT fine.
08/22/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Reinhardt
just for the sake of change

This isn't even close to why Tyrande is getting changed.
I have no idea why you would say her talent tree is healthy. It's basically force pick three themed tiers. They're utterly boring, and because of the questing nature, creates this weird dynamic where she is relatively useless early game. Her prerework talent tree was significantly more healthy.

The proposed rework seems to swing her from damage oriented support to a more healing oriented support. Personally, I prefer this playstyle, but I just don't know why they can't make her more like a multiclass hero that leaned towards damage, but if talented a certain way, made her a capable solo healer too (at the cost of damage or utility) or mix and match if you wanted to be more like a hybrid.

Regardless, I much prefer this version to the live version. She'll actually have a spot on the team.
Tyrande should deal with dealing damage and general support for allies. She has her husband for healing
its's interesting how us the oldschool players didn't like her turning into an assassin from a support hero with decent damage. We didn't ask for it and now peaople that only know her as an assassin feel the same way about her turning back into a priestess and some of the oldschool players are happy with the reverse rework.
The problem with Tyrande is that most people play her as an assassin and not as a healer so her team usually is playing without a healer because they use her Q mostly on themselves. So yeah she's a great assassin because she has the most self sustain in the game for any assassin.
08/26/2018 09:24 AMPosted by MrFizzbin761
The problem with Tyrande is that most people play her as an assassin and not as a healer so her team usually is playing without a healer because they use her Q mostly on themselves. So yeah she's a great assassin because she has the most self sustain in the game for any assassin.

This would be true if she had more reliable defenses, had a better early game OR wave clear. She has neither of those. Any comp that just zeroes in on her, will usually just win because that sustain will generally mean nothing because you're generally unable to effectively AA to keep herself up.
08/26/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Jaanus
its's interesting how us the oldschool players didn't like her turning into an assassin from a support hero with decent damage. We didn't ask for it and now peaople that only know her as an assassin feel the same way about her turning back into a priestess and some of the oldschool players are happy with the reverse rework.

Honestly, not many people complained about her prerework except for people who didn't want her to solo heal. But that was more so coming from a place of ignorance, not because she couldn't. She used to be able to do decent damage anyways, just maybe not as high as an assassin, but definitely had a lot more healing. In essence, she was kind of a multi class hero, and Blizzard just flipping it the other way now is inevitably going to piss off the people who liked her damage.