AI needs to be improved

General Discussion
We 30+ players want young generation to respect us and are angry to them for not doing so.

Before Internet was around,we had an honorable enemy.The Artificial Intelligence

We fought battles together,went dark places together,won battles together.
Without judging each other.We had reasonable difficulties to do the job.

I remember the days when i did not have internet in the house or it was 56k.
Diablo 1 AI,Starcraft 1 AI,Warcraft 2 AI

We were happy.The biggest problem begins when we started exploiting AI's intelligence.Years later the circumstances are reversed we ended up becoming the one who's intelligence got exploited.

I am saying this because of my experiences in Tekken 5.The ai is good it attacks depending on the punch or kick the moment we touch the button.
Jinpachi in Tekken 5 was so hard,a strong-willed individual like me started throwing the controller inside the house.I was yelling like a mad man.
Those were the days.

I want the same strong AI back in hots,so we can train without PVP,effectively.

What do you people think?
This is not an AI. This is a badly implemented sequence of predefined event actions. Probably using the same limited functionality from old warcraft 3 map editor era.
08/22/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Spyro
This is not an AI. This is a badly implemented sequence of predefined event actions. Probably using the same limited functionality from old warcraft 3 map editor era.
To be fair there really isn't such thing as "AI" in games. AI in HOTS works as a singular entity, it has all the skills of every hero at its control and can use them effortlessly. Anyone that plays AI now knows that after 14 the AI becomes a "Death Ball" and behaves as 1 super unit that chains CC and damage is funneled perfectly to 1 target. So yeah, it's just predefined actions, 'If X casts Y we cast Z" It's actually become visibly worse recently as the AI now has godly reaction time, we're talking Maiev jumping the very second you cast a skill at her because the game is reading the input too quickly.

I yearn for a day when PvP is gone and it's players joining together to defeat a common enemy, AI!
I suspect AI is purposely being held back so that players cannot complain that they lost a game because an enemy player dropped out and was replaced by terminator AI that proceeded to wipe the floor with their Bronze league team and carry the enemy team to victory.
08/22/2018 07:19 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
I suspect AI is purposely being held back so that players cannot complain

I agree and i would like to say developing a strong AI costs a lot of money,i forgot that part
08/22/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Imperius
I agree and i would like to say developing a strong AI costs a lot of money,i forgot that part
The AI already is pretty strong at its core. The problem is it does a lot of stupid things that humans can easily exploit. Here is just a small list of what I regularly encounter with Elite...
  • Repeatedly run in an out of Stukov's Lurking Arm. From 100% health they have even been known to die to it without Stukov having to lift a finger, they literally suicide against it.
  • Nova's Snipe and Kael's Bomb have their priorities set so high that they will ignore all obstacles to try and cast them on a low life human player. They literally ignore all obstacles to the point they think nothing of running into wall towers or through an allied team and dying.
  • Think nothing of slow hazards. For example as Chromie you can Slowing Sand a gate and watch as the AI repeatedly feeds you kills trying to exit the gate while being barraged by Sand Blast and Dragon Breath until they die. They will even try to run away half way through the gate but seeing how at level 18 that is 80% slow... Not limited to Chromie as the AI loves to face tank triple Probius explosions to the point squishy heroes like Valla can be taken from 100% to dead near instantly.
  • Completely incapable of capturing a boss reliably. They do not evade the boss hazard skills and face tank them for massive damage. Usually 1-2 die due to the boss alone. If not, any reasonable human team can steal the boss from them and/or team wipe them with ease. This even applies to player controlled bosses where they will repeatedly run around tanking damage from the boss until they are all dead.
  • Will abort safe chases. I have seen AI let me live with 1-2% HP when a single attack would have finished me off. Instead despite still being in their attack range they decided to walk away.
  • Can be easily ganked when solo laneing. AI has no awareness for off lane players who a human would easily know are sneaking up to ambush the solo laners.
so they are going easy on purpose? right Mr.SuperGood?
Didn't you see their AI is piloted by a human operator? They have fired that poor little guy already, due to their limited budget.
08/22/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Imperius
We 30+ players want young generation to respect us and are angry to them for not doing so.
What does it have to do with anything
08/22/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Draco
What does it have to do with anything

Just a rude comparison,nothing else
08/22/2018 11:35 PMPosted by Imperius
so they are going easy on purpose? right Mr.SuperGood?

The AI can own you and camp you in your spawn all day long if blizzard wants it to. But it doesn't. Cause noobs have to feel safe somewhere.
08/23/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Moonshadow
The AI can own you and camp you in your spawn all day long if blizzard wants it to. But it doesn't. Cause noobs have to feel safe somewhere.

I am aware,i fought against monstrous-tier AI before.
it really depends what hero AI have
genji AI is really good but stukov.... hes casting silence on himself
This suggestion is like a blessing to me. I'd love for a more challenging AI.
I never liked AIs because either:
A) it's too easy
or
B) it cheats

But if ppl wants buffs on AIs which replaces ppl with dc, sure.
If they want to give us a plus category for AI difficulty, one stronger than Elite, sure.
If they want to buff every AI everywhere (even beginner), why? Don't.

08/22/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Imperius
I want the same strong AI back in hots,so we can train without PVP,effectively.
Imo no matter how good the AIs are, you can't really train for PvP in a non-PvP environment.
AI is like a target dummy when you're learning how to use a sword. You can practice on it and learn stuff but won't prepare you for a real fight. Before war (ranked) you need to take the next step and practice against real players (QM).

Tl,dr: AI isn't for ppl learning how to play this game but if someone wants to play against AI who sees the Matrix, make it happen for them.
Agree with the most of the things you said Karabars.
Very strong ai feels like inhuman reactions and make you quit.Been there.
That they put AI without cheats and the players of league of heroes do not leave games, they always put worse AI because the players leave.
I just came back o HoTS about a month ago, and I play almost exclusively against the hardest AI. I honestly believe the AI from a year ago played better than whatever is going on in the game right now. Both on my team and the enemy team.