"We are aware of this bug, but we still punish you for it nonetheless."

General Discussion
Highly Rated
For a good week, many people experienced an increased amount of disconnecting, and the bug that made you unable to move or do anything, so you'll either be dropped for inactivity, or leave the game yourself. Either way, you are most likely get a leaver status and lose rank point if you played in ranked.

The thing is, the system punishes you for its own shortcomings. And this is where I think the zero tolerance policy is really backfiring. Even when they are aware of the bug, they still won't / can't restore lost rank points or remove leaver status, because the policy is "We'd rather punish every single innocent than to let one who might abuse it go this time."

I really think that at least when a bug is admittedly known, they should loosen this for a time period, until it gets fixed. Otherwise they just spit on random people's face while rewarding others who play against those affected by these bugs.
If you relaunch the client you should be able to get back into the game quick enough that it's not a huge detriment to the team.

!@#$ happens. It's a free game. You'll live.
I agree. If you won a single game against a player who was victim to the bug you should have all of the points you won stripped away. that means you too OP.

I just cant wait when all of this happens and players flood the forums demanding where their ranks went and why they lost so many points!
08/16/2018 01:28 PMPosted by zenasprime
It's a free game. You'll live.

but what if he's dropped that doe on them skins tho? more than once? freemium ain't free mate
08/16/2018 01:28 PMPosted by BFGOMFG
I agree. If you won a single game against a player who was victim to the bug you should have all of the points you won stripped away. that means you too OP.

I don't really care for compensation, as the bug is already fixed (according to patch notes at least). My thoughts were in more of a general level of the games policy when facing against known bugs.

The thing is, those who won games weren't responsible for the bug. They just played the game, maybe not even knowing that someone on the other side is affected. Hell, I didn't even know about it before it happened to me, as there was no warning or anything about it in-game or the launcher (where I honestly think these things should be highlighted).

My point is, I don't think punishing both sides would be a solution for anything. It just generates more frustration and most likely more toxicity (which we have way too much anyway).
If they turned off the penalty system while the bug was active, what do you think would have happened? Everygame someone would have left wihout the bug.

If the possible loss of virtual rank bothers you, your only solution is not to play until fixed i fear.
If you relaunch the client you should be able to get back into the game quick enough that it's not a huge detriment to the team.

so all heroes are unlocked and all skins are avialable to everybody and everybody has stim packs to get gold without having to grind for it for hours?
I started playing a ranked match, and immediately I was disconnected and it took me several minutes to shut down the game and get back on, and by then, my teams morale was very low and we lost that game. Everyone on the team blamed me for it when the game system was clearly the problem. That's not cool.

Are you stupid?

There was a bug that if you got disconnected and came back, you were unable to move or do any abilities. Once you lose the game you get all associated penalties like - rank and leaver status. Restarting the game never fixed it.

Read his entire post before posting an idiotic reply.
08/16/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Southpaw
It's a free game. You'll live.

but what if he's dropped that doe on them skins tho? more than once? freemium ain't free mate

You've paid for the luxury of seeing that skin on your hero, nothing more. It's an online game. !@#$ happens, all the time, in every game. The world isn't going to end because you had some issues for a few games. You're not even going to remember the details of it after a few dozen games.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Get a grip.
08/16/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Shadow

Are you stupid?

There was a bug that if you got disconnected and came back, you were unable to move or do any abilities. Once you lose the game you get all associated penalties like - rank and leaver status. Restarting the game never fixed it.

Bugs happen. report it here

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/13268292/

and stop being an angsty teenager who thinks that the world is ending because you've been inconvenienced for a couple of games.
08/16/2018 05:30 PMPosted by zenasprime
08/16/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Shadow

Are you stupid?

and stop being an angsty teenager who thinks that the world is ending because you've been inconvenienced for a couple of games.

Lol, I'm not mad nor do I think the world is ending. I just wanted to point out that you made a stupid, pointless post with no information on the subject.

And stop making assumptions like you know people. Just makes you look more idiotic.

Sun will shine tomorrow, though ;)
I think this is an issue across battle.net because WOW has been doing the same exact thing ever since tuseday. Even in the morning I have had lag issues just like this with WOW which is disconnect issues and after the while you can't cast or chose anything such as items and abilities and you just float around without any animation and sure WOW has been having lag issues but so has HOTS for the past week or so and when the WOW patch had hit on monday, it got worse. I notice for the past week blizzard games have been having a lot of net lag and connection/server issues.

So if people want Blizzard to handle critical bugs in a way that minimizes damage to everyone's experience they are "angsty teenagers" who think the world is ending?

Sounds about right.
08/16/2018 02:52 PMPosted by BowShooter8
I started playing a ranked match, and immediately I was disconnected and it took me several minutes to shut down the game and get back on, and by then, my teams morale was very low and we lost that game. Everyone on the team blamed me for it when the game system was clearly the problem. That's not cool.
same thing has been happening with WOW players HOTS isn't the only game that has had this issue. I think some how blizzard had broke their servers with a battle.net update because they have been having a lot of B.net updates for the past week or so.
08/16/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Shadow

Lol, I'm not mad nor do I think the world is ending. I just wanted to point out that you made a stupid, pointless post with no information on the subject.

And stop making assumptions like you know people. Just makes you look more idiotic.

Sun will shine tomorrow, though ;)

If you don't want to be mistaken for a raging teenage boy, stop acting like one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
08/16/2018 07:30 PMPosted by SoulFilcher

So if people want Blizzard to handle critical bugs in a way that minimizes damage to everyone's experience they are "angsty teenagers" who think the world is ending?

Sounds about right.

Post the bug in the Bug Report forum. There's no need to be a drama queen in General Discussion about it.
08/17/2018 04:29 AMPosted by KingEnoshima

My original post got downvoted a lot. Are these players really upset about getting the leaver penalty because the game bugged out on them and they had to leave the game? It's strange because they can easily rejoin, and even if they lose, they won't get the leaver penalty.

OR

Are they just leaving games and are using the bug as an excuse to complain about the leaver penalty?

It makes you wonder.