Perma banned?

General Discussion
So I got perma banned... is it against TOS to create a new account so I can play again?
No it is not. Why? Because ToS doesn't have a rule for that.
LOL you think blizz cares ?

You are making another account, and probably going to spend several hundred dollars unlocking the heroes.
Nah i can just grind all the heroes ezy
08/23/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Rikkuu
So I got perma banned...

After how many suspensions?
08/23/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Pe3eWe3e
So I got perma banned...

2 then 3rd is perma
Well, I've seen people get other accounts after getting banned. Wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't do anything, especially if you drop money on the account and are on good behaviour.

Though if you're really worried, I suppose you could just open a support ticket and ask a CSR.
They will ban you irl.
Man, it would be a harsh grind to grab everything again for me. Though Iove the game enough to do it again, but still not worth a prema.
Banning is profitable. Why not?
i heard of silence for this game. just not bans. What do you have to do to actually get banned? like hack the game's server or something?
08/23/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Adreno
i heard of silence for this game. just not bans. What do you have to do to actually get banned? like hack the game's server or something?

Silence is for abusive chat. Silences start at 24 hours and double for each offense.

AFK/Nonparticipation reports lead to suspensions instead of silences.

First suspension is 7 days, next one is 14, after that your account is permanently banned from the game.
Somewhere in Terms of Service or Use, it may say for no reason. This reminds me of an episode of South Park. Kyle agrees to whatever, but did not read the ToS. Poor fella got into a lot of trouble, not knowing what they did to him and the right to for signing that contract.
08/23/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Kuddlesberg
Somewhere in Terms of Service or Use, it may say for no reason. This reminds me of an episode of South Park. Kyle agrees to whatever, but did not read the ToS. Poor fella got into a lot of trouble, not knowing what they did to him and the right to for signing that contract.

Such limitless clauses, while certainly prolific, are often not binding when challenged. There's just not much cost/benefit to be gained in the gaming world on the player side to challenge in court.
Blizzard can't do anything about smurfs. Every restriction against new accounts would be equally crippling against regular players.

Which means you can make as many smurfs as you want, be as toxic as you want, and get away with no consequences.
08/23/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Apc7th
08/23/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Pe3eWe3e

2 then 3rd is perma

ah cool so ive already been suspended once. so im never playing this game again.

also yes they want you to make a new account so you spend money on getting your old stuff back. its a disgusting money grab how the system currently works. and not once has blizzard responded.
Make one account for every day of a month, then play the appropiate account on the corresponding day. Then never worry about suspensions or bans again. Also never give this company your money again.
How long has it been? about 1.5 months since they started handing out bans instead of silences? I figure that is just enough time for the people who keep playing immediately after their bans/silence to get the 3rd one. I expect a lot more of these threads, but I wish you'd just take a hint from Blizzard - they just aren't interested in having you as a customer.

Don't take this post as an attack against you, I'm sure you are a reasonable competitive player who just wants to climb ranked and gets heated during the game.

So like I said Blizzard doesn't want people like you.

08/23/2018 06:17 PMPosted by MetalDtector
08/23/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Adreno

Silence is for abusive chat. Silences start at 24 hours and double for each offense.

AFK/Nonparticipation reports lead to suspensions instead of silences.

First suspension is 7 days, next one is 14, after that your account is permanently banned from the game.

Incorrect, Blizzard has taken to suspending accounts now for "Abusive Chat"
So I got perma banned... is it against TOS to create a new account so I can play again?

Make sure to issue a chargeback against blizzard if you've paid any money for digital goods that you no longer have access to. Visa will 100% side with you.