Unpopular Opinions

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
@Elsin: I don't disagree, but I find a great deal of value in even a !@#$ sprint so long as it allows me to run away from something I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.
08/29/2018 08:56 AMPosted by FrostFawks
-Li Ming
-Sylvanas
-Genji
-Tracer
-Butcher

All of the above Heroes have at least one OP aspect about them that they have been balanced around. I feel that if they were reworked to remove the OP aspect (and replace with something more manageable), they would be even more fun to play.

For example, I think Li Ming's trait: Critical Mass should be reworked to Tal Rasha's Elements, where each ability case applies a different elemental effect.
please explain the wonderful use of the butcher's level 13 talent Cleaver 35% damage in area in front of him is desirable to pick, or Savage charge on how it's not a trap talent on proc with the 15 sec CD use. Or the great block talent at level 1 and the nerfed chop meat is worth sacrificing his best utility invigoration?
Original Hanamura was not a bad map.

Imperius is overrated. He just looks cool but more often than not he is jackass who gets his !@# handed numerous times.

That's like 90% of the reason to like any potential hero! And him being a jackass is the other 10%.
Murky is annoying early game, and super annoying late game.
I like the introduction of items on HotS. Mabe as a new mode, or as a compliment of already existing talents.

If no items, I'd love the idea of 7 talents per tier instead of 3 or 4 currently.

Additions of official tournaments within game, or custom created tournaments by community
Murky's death timer is too short.
Raynor should have let Tychus shoot Kerrigan at the end of WoL.

I actually like playing as Diablo more now than I did pre rework.
I do not agree with white genocide.
Arthas running animation suits his Crown Prince skin very well.
It's so much better overall than the base skin, it should be unlocked by default.
I'm glad it's epic quality though, not legendary (surprisingly)
multiclass is just two(or more) hero concepts watered down to fit into a single hero. The end result is some half-assed hero.
This game needs hero customization beyond talent picks. Before, and during the game.

An example:
All levels give the player a point they can spend on physical armor, spell armor, spell damage or physical damage. You can choose to hold them and spend them on the "right stat" later after seeing what the enemy has spent them on (choosing when you power boost), or spend them right when you get them (ramping power at the expense of the enemy probably counter picking you).
08/29/2018 12:24 PMPosted by MrE
This game needs hero customization beyond talent picks. Before, and during the game.

An example:
All levels give the player a point they can spend on physical armor, spell armor, spell damage or physical damage. You can choose to hold them and spend them on the "right stat" later after seeing what the enemy has spent them on (choosing when you power boost), or spend them right when you get them (ramping power at the expense of the enemy probably counter picking you).
I like this idea. Would help even out a heroes weaknesses if the enemy team has a lot of burst damage or your team is lacking in damage ect.
Mei will save this game.
[quote]
Without him, we would lost. He clears the endless demon waves for us like 3 times? Yes, he's a jerk to us, but has good/understandable motives for that. And he's the leader of the angels after Malthael's absence. He's the Archangel of Valor, so he's pretty important.

Imperius was always the leader though, Malthael was pictured as reclusive and very silent.

That being said I disagree wholeheartedly about Imperius. Unlike most angelic characters, he's depicted as flawed, gray; not a complete saint, nor a traitor. You can understand where he comes from and him having feelings driving his motives makes him a better character for it.
Probius is the best mage
08/29/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Onslaught
please explain the wonderful use of the butcher's level 13 talent Cleaver 35% damage in area in front of him is desirable to pick, or Savage charge on how it's not a trap talent on proc with the 15 sec CD use. Or the great block talent at level 1 and the nerfed chop meat is worth sacrificing his best utility invigoration?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Butcher is currently OP. I just find his trait is literally Feast or Famine. If you don't have a direct counter and/or Butcher has a solid early lead, it's mostly just a snowball from there. (Not to mention, his trait stacking infinitely)
- Thrall is not that good.
- Valeera is actually really good.
- Kael’thas is underrated.
- ETC Powerslide = point-and-click CC
- People don’t press their advantages enough.
- Lúcio is a good hero right now.
- Hanzo is a better Nova.
In my opinion:

1. Tassadar is fine in both appearance and game-play.
2. QM needs to die.
3. Pandaren always were and continue to be a joke taken seriously.
08/29/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Dornan
Arthas running animation suits his Crown Prince skin very well.
It's so much better overall than the base skin, it should be unlocked by default.
I'm glad it's epic quality though, not legendary (surprisingly)

Love the Crown Prince Arthas Skin. Now here’s my unpopular opinion: I always preferred Arthas’ voice over the Lich King’s. It was just deep and gravely, and lacked the personality and distinct tone that Arthas had. That is why I only use the Crown Prince skin.
I love Overwatch heroes and I dream of the day when most of the roster is in HotS. Especially my boy Reinhardt.

However...

As much as I love the character, I think Tracer was a bad pick for the game who only got through on poster-girl appeal. Her moveset is extremely incompatible with MOBAs regardless of it's power. To be that mobile she should do next to no damage, but if she does no damage than her mobility is useless. I don't believe any other MOBA has that much mobility on a hero outside of ultimate moves on fairly large cooldowns, and I actually don't think ANY others have attack-while-moving mechanics with no speed reduction to compensate. Closest I can think is Kallista in LoL, who's mechanic is more like Genji where she can move between, but not during attacks.