Unpopular Opinions

General Discussion
08/29/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Shmorrior
Original Hanamura was not a bad map.

Imperius is overrated. He just looks cool but more often than not he is jackass who gets his !@# handed numerous times.

That's like 90% of the reason to like any potential hero! And him being a jackass is the other 10%.

But he’s an incompetent jackass. He’s the angelic version of Azmodan, with less off screen success. And we are never allowed to hit him. Or an angelic Zapp Brannigan.
Jackass is fine, half the heroes are !@#$%^-s. Incompetence is another thing entirely.

As to unpopular opinions:
Kelly is neither OP or UP, he’s a niche hero.
There will never be even hero pick and/or ban rates. And that’s fine, not everything have to be designed for league and professional play.

Edit: Huh, apparently the addition of -hole is what makes it a curse word.
People complain that OW heroes have no lore to them, but I honestly find them way more interesting than at least half the roster in the game. It's probably because the only other blizzard games i've played are OW and Hearthstone (and diablo 2), but I feel like i barely know most of the characters i play as, probably because most of their lines are so boring/generic. If you changed their names to something generic (like, garrosh in now just "orc warlord", Zagara is now "broodmother") and took out any references to specific groups or events, I would honestly believe that they were created solely for this game. Characters like ana, lucio, and (people are gonna get angry at this) D.va actually interest me. If i didn't play OW I would probably wonder what these guys backstory was.

Also, everyone really wants rein in the game, but I think doomfist would be way more interesting, while avoiding mechanics so many people hate.
08/29/2018 12:24 PMPosted by MrE
This game needs hero customization beyond talent picks. Before, and during the game.

An example:
All levels give the player a point they can spend on physical armor, spell armor, spell damage or physical damage. You can choose to hold them and spend them on the "right stat" later after seeing what the enemy has spent them on (choosing when you power boost), or spend them right when you get them (ramping power at the expense of the enemy probably counter picking you).


Or you could have talents which allowed you to customise your character based on what the enemy chose.
Tyrande's identity is not an assassin
[quote]
please explain the wonderful use of the butcher's level 13 talent Cleaver 35% damage in area in front of him is desirable to pick, or Savage charge on how it's not a trap talent on proc with the 15 sec CD use. Or the great block talent at level 1 and the nerfed chop meat is worth sacrificing his best utility invigoration?


If the enemy team has stuns or blinds, savage charge is a great way to do some burst damage without having to rely on AA. A good talent to help mitigate hard counters.

Butcher's lane clear is pathetic but he needs to lane to get stacks. Chopped meat boosts his pve allowing him to rotate lanes faster.

Block is situational but still good as it provides some survivability without having to rely on landing AA on branded targets (challenging task when blinded, stunned, kited, the list goes on)

Cleave? Yea i agree with you. Offers good wave clear but unlocked way too late in the game. By level 13 butcher should be near completion of his quest so less reliance on laning. Unlikely to be effective in a team fight.
08/29/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Shmorrior
Original Hanamura was not a bad map.

...
That's like 90% of the reason to like any potential hero! And him being a jackass is the other 10%.

But he’s an incompetent jackass. He’s the angelic version of Azmodan, with less off screen success. And we are never allowed to hit him. Or an angelic Zapp Brannigan.
Jackass is fine, half the heroes are !@#$%^-s. Incompetence is another thing entirely.

Like I said, most of the reason people want Imperius is because he looks badass and also they like that arrogant/prideful demeanor. No one wanting Imperius is praising him for his calm, rational decision making. They want angelic dive-y boy to team up with Butcher and all in some nerds.
HGC is really really boring
08/30/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Penguinbowl
HGC is really really boring
Hey, now. You'll trigger the big meanie police. It would be more polite if you said HGC was a great sleeping aid.
08/29/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Facundo
Imperius is overrated. He just looks cool but more often than not he is jackass who gets his !@# handed numerous times.

He definitely is. Would be nice to have all members of the Angiris Council playable, but I'd rather getting Baal before him.

08/29/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Facundo
I don't mind the new Mephisto design.

My only issues are the weird tusks he has coming from his mouth and the horns; I honestly wish they went with a design similar to his concept art for Diablo III (which is supposedly showing his "true form"), but I'm fine with how he turned out in HotS.

08/29/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Facundo
I actually like Overwach. Fight me.

I'm not a huge fan of FPS, but I like the cast of diversity Overwatch has (although the majority of the characters follow cliché'd stereotypes).

Ana is my favorite character from the entire roster, and I was thrilled when she was released (I'm still waiting for Blizzard to release the "Captain Amari" skin).

I also really want them to add Zenyatta in this game; more Supports are always welcome, and I think he'd really pop out in the Nexus from both an asthetic and gameplay perspective.
I think the Lost Vikings could get a rework, he's currently way too niche.
The true unpopular opinions in here are those downvoted. For those upvoted seems like they aren't as unpopular as people think.
I love Ultralisk. Picking him almost into 99% occurrences
08/30/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Penguinbowl
HGC is really really boring

Only 3-4 teams is good but even they are not always good. Other teams bronze garbage.
He just looks cool

Did you think there was another reason people wanted him?

Anyway, matchmaking is fine guys.
08/30/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Geisard
The true unpopular opinions in here are those downvoted. For those upvoted seems like they aren't as unpopular as people think.


That's how it works. It's against human nature to support ideas that you don't like, so even if it's the point of a thread, you won't see unpopular opinions getting upvoted.
Murky isn’t always a troll pick.
Legit question, Is it truly an unpopular opinion if it has more likes than dislikes?
08/29/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Onslaught
The Butcher needs a buff, needs a utility talent, and a clean up in his talent kit.


Butcher is so nerfed early game to compensate for his overpowered late game, just like his talents are pretty bad overall to compensate for his strong base stats.

The only way to buff or rework the talents will be nerfing butcher stats to compensate, just like the only viable way of making him less nerfed early game will be nerfin his late game.

Are you sure thats what you want?

Because it would be killing the "essence" of butcher.
Garrosh's toss, Chromie's invisible Dragon's Breath, and Stukov's infinite silence were fine. Valeera's dive, blind, silence, stun and armor reduction are not.

08/30/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Yee
Is it truly an unpopular opinion if it has more likes than dislikes?

The whole point of the thread is to share unpopular opinions. Assume people are withholding dislikes for that reason. You can see this in some of the comments on touchy subjects, like Mephisto's appearance and the silence system.
The most unpopular opinions are usually following anytime they change a hero.

People that actually say they "liked" the changes are usually not popular, as the ones that liked the way they "used to play" flock to the forum to complain about changes.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum