Make Single Lane a Permanent Mode

General Discussion
Highly Rated
So here's a thing, why isn't the single lane variation of the weekly Brawl not a stand alone mode that is permanent?
I'm pretty sure that a lot of people feel the same as I do that it is a nice, fun game type that gives the game a new aspect and makes it feel fresh.
When this type is on the weekly Brawl, it is pretty much the only game type that I play. I just prefer it to Unranked or Quick Match, and I'm not particularly interested in the ranked mode.
If it was implemented, I'm certain it would be as popular as any of the other modes, while giving the player something a little different without taking away from the core concept of the game.
Let's get this upvoted to get Blizzard to take notice and get it to be a thing.
I have suggested many times that Brawl be expanded to offer players a selection of various game modes to play. There would always be 1 single lane Brawl in this however which specific single lane map may change from week to week. The weekly brawl reward is still at 1 chest per week and the specific brawl from the selection played makes no difference as all count as 1 game.
As someone who absolutely hates ARAM and single lane modes with a passion, I wholeheartedly agree.
There are tons of people who I know would 100% prefer to play all ARAM all the time, please give them what they want.
Pay no attention to my ulterior motive of removing these people, many of whom are 1v5-happy feeders, from my games.
The single lane mode is by far the best mode and I agree it should be made a permanent feature. I enjoy the fighting more than the tactical play of pushing particular lanes at particular times, or camps etc. My problem with the normal game is it is hit or miss whether the team actually work well together and do as they're supposed to, whereas the single lane forces people to at least kill each other.
I don't even think it needs to be another Brawl, the one brawl is good. I just like the idea of removing the single lane mode from it into it's own standalone game type, keeping the random 3 heroes, with a random map, then just having EXP gain for the individual hero you use as the reward, along with any quests you might complete during.
It gives the people that just want to chase kills an opportunity to do so without affecting the team hugely, thus making the other modes where team play and tactics are key, better by primarily having the people wishing to do that style of game, queuing.
08/24/2018 03:03 AMPosted by RandomHero
The single lane mode is by far the best mode

yup
I agree that many people like ARAM that it could warrant its own game mode. That being said, one reason they may not have done this yet is a concern that it will thin out an already low player population even further. I'd prefer we keep it as is but instead reduce the time that a given brawl is up. Hell, I'd even support a new brawl each day.
08/24/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Xararsis
I agree that many people like ARAM that it could warrant its own game mode. That being said, one reason they may not have done this yet is a concern that it will thin out an already low player population even further. I'd prefer we keep it as is but instead reduce the time that a given brawl is up. Hell, I'd even support a new brawl each day.

youre right. it does thin out the player pool.

not being able to play aram thins me right out of the game altogether
Would love to see the single lane be offered more frequently or permanently. Sometimes you just want to see how builds work from a PvP perspective without worrying about running around performing objectives.

Would also love to see maybe 5 picks for hero choices.
Splitting the playerbase even more at a critical time like this might not end well, but I'm always for player choice so I agree.
I don't feel like it would split the player base negatively if it was implemented. There are so many people that play quick match, unranked and ranked just to be a dps and chase kills that it creates a negative experience for those that wish to play strategically an team based.
Surely it could only be a good thing to remove some of these players to make everyone happy. The kill chasers have a mode they can dps as much as they want and it actually benefit as well as the players that want to play the proper strategies, using teamwork, have other like minded people that want the same.
+1 for that
I'd take perma Aram over Unranked
08/24/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Xararsis

I agree, let's just delete all the other brawls and keep the playlist for a random single-lane map.
I've made a post about this several times myself. When aram is out, i exclusively play that.

I wish blizzard would recognize the gem they have and push it forward.
Maybe if we keep the commenting coming and the likes, they will take notice
I think they recognize how popular it is. ARAM is featured on brawl almost bi-weekly.
I think the ARAM in HotS is another good way to give players a first impression of heroes they always wanted to try out but never felt the conditions to practise them was right. Making it an own game mode would make sense, provided there are enough players to fill a seperate queue.

I would also be on the "pro" side if they would every think about implementing an Arcade mode with modified maps or heroes.
I do hero league on the weekends when there is no single-lane. Similar ally skill levels, just takes longer to get started..