still no mmr in ur?

General Discussion
one game with 4 dia players, then with 4 lvl 50-100 guys, then with 4 silver players
does something make sense in this mode?
Your MMR in ranked is not your MMR in unranked draft. I am a diamond 3 player who plays with silver / gold because I never play QM or UD. Problem solved. Sense made.
why does it fluctuate so much then? sometimes my 4 mates are silver, sometimes dia, sometimes they've never been ranked lol

It does not fluctuate, you all have about the same MMR in UD. Your MMR in HL or TL is completely irrelevant as all modes have a separate MMR.
why does it fluctuate so much then? sometimes my 4 mates are silver, sometimes dia, sometimes they've never been ranked lol
It doesn't fluctuate. If you read his/her reply, it specifically states their UD MMR doesn't reflect their ranked MMR. My ranked MMR is probably much higher than my UD or QM MMR simply because of the friends I queue with in those modes.
you're saying that 4 dia players (lvl between 1000 and 2000 lvl) have the same mmr as 4 lvl 50 guys...it doesn't make sense
and i'm at almost 200 games in ur, it's far more than a lvl 50 guy lol
Game uses MMR averaging so you could have couple masters with three bronzies face vs 5 plats. Secondly different game modes have separate MMR except for brawls and vs AI as those modes have no MMR nor MM.
still, there's no way 4 potatoes+me have the same mmr as 4 dia+me, it's just not logical
It just tries to MMR average the teams. So in game 1 you could be part of 1,8k MMR team vs 1,9k MMR but in game 2 it could be 2,5k vs 2,5k. If you play as 4 man with master/GM players you'll realize that the MM will do the best it can to dig a guy from bottom of the barrel who is bronze 5 equivalent to make "even" game vs 5 diamonds for example for MMR average wise it will still be about the same between teams.
08/26/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Shakou
still, there's no way 4 potatoes+me have the same mmr as 4 dia+me, it's just not logical

maybe they were sitting in queue for 20mins, and u were the unlucky team that got matched vs them. they gotta play someone.
08/26/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Noir
It just tries to MMR average the teams. So in game 1 you could be part of 1,8k MMR team vs 1,9k MMR but in game 2 it could be 2,5k vs 2,5k.
mhh yes, that'd make sense but i still find it weird to play at a different mmr
isn't mmr supposed to make you play at your "level"? it was even worse in tl (a few seasons ago), we were 3 (dia/master) with sometimes 2 bronze 5 guys vs 5 gm, and sometimes with 2 gm vs 5 silver/bronze guys
maybe there're just not enough players for the matchmaking system to work correctly?
You're Plat in HL, then suddenly get stuck with Bronze trash in UD.

It's absolutely retarded.

Completely different playstyle and expectations.

Of course the Plats and Bronzes start yelling at each other, descend into toxic flaming, and report everyone.

Completely avoidable, but Blizzard would rather ban people than fixing their matchmaking.
exactly, if you're bronze, you should play with and against bronze players, if you're dia you should play with and against dia players
the hots devs are just terrible if they can't understand such simple things
08/28/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Shakou
exactly, if you're bronze, you should play with and against bronze players, if you're dia you should play with and against dia players
the hots devs are just terrible if they can't understand such simple things

The one problem Blizzard has is population.

If nobody queues for bronze, then those people at bronze level will never play and never git gud. Time is the biggest factor in matchmaking. The longer the queue the more open the "skill levels".
well, this game will remain dead if they don't balance it ><