Why win the Game when you can kill?

General Discussion
08/25/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Varramis
So what I'm hearing is you tried to take boss with two people while fully aware that your dps and healer were not with you. Died...and lost the boss. While your team chasing kills was undeniably stupid,you and Diablo trying to take the boss was the actual throw. If most of your team is being stupid, going off and doing something else is just multiplying it because now you're split and nothing gets accomplished by either group

A very sound advice. The team is only as strong as its weakest link. If your teammate(s) is doing something that is less optimal for the end game but still benefit your team regardless, then you should join them.

Stubbornly going after what you believed was good, without reading the flow of the battle would make you no different than those teammates that you considered "inferior".
08/26/2018 08:21 PMPosted by StrikerJolt
08/26/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Jay

For a video game that's supposed to be fun and relaxing (because it's a video game: a form of entertainment) that sounds like a lot of work and effort for no real gain other than vanity.

The points you make are crisp. But they also highlight a lot of issues regarding unnecessary game play conformity. It all depends on the mode you select I guess.

I just prefer to exercise common sense thinking like the OP. It's not a hard decision but people decide on things because of vanity.

....................................................... You play a highly competitive game to relax? You play a game that requires some half way decent critical thinking to relax? You play a game where you actually have to be knowledgeable in to succeed to relax?
Where it actually takes some time to read guides, read tactics, read strategies for how many different maps? 15 now? You play a game that requires micro-managing almost every expect to relax?

Okay, buddy, stick to AI matches. Because you shouldn't be playing a highly competitive game to "relax"

You missed the point entirely. It's a VIDEO GAME.

Are we forgetful of what the purpose of video games? Here's a hint: they're like movies that were meant to be enjoyable.

Aside from that, if YOU have to put this much mental effort into thinking about all of these things in a medium that requires multitasking from the gate, then I think you were tremendously confused and YOU actually meant to say "I should probably stick to AI games".

Did blow your mind yet buddy?
08/25/2018 08:33 PMPosted by SoulFilcher
Teamwork in this game is the very definition of uncertainty. Today I had matches ranging from perfectly coordinated to give our Butcher meat stacks, ensuring an easy late game, to double warrior comp where both warriors were more interested in chasing solo kills (but actually getting killed) than protecting their back line.

There's quite a difference between a team, and a barely-affiliated group with a similar objective. And nothing teaches this difference quite like playing solo queue in team-based games.
08/25/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Varramis
So what I'm hearing
reading*
08/26/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Jay
that sounds like a lot of work and effort for no real gain other than vanity.
This is false for strategy games. They're supposed to be mentally stimulating/challenging. This doesn't just apply to video games, but to all brain teasers. There are relaxing games out there such as Skyrim but this... this is not one of them.

08/27/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Jay
You missed the point entirely. It's a VIDEO GAME.
No, you missed the point. This game isn't meant to be played for you.