So which Blizzard characters would you want in Smash?

General Discussion
Seeing as how the company itself wants to see Diablo in the game, I thought it'd be relevant to discuss which characters we would want to see ourselves.

Personally, I'd like to see Illidan. And when I say that I mean wings and all, all the time.

You guys?
Greymane
Murky, obviously. Personal bias aside, murlocs are Blizzard's unofficial mascot, and Murky is the unofficial mascot for murlocs. I would also like to see him with something based more off the original companion pet rather than his HotS look (not that his HotS look is bad, but I find the normal baby murloc more iconic for Blizzard overall).
Considering the Smash rules set out by Mr. Sakurai, the character must have been present on a Nintendo console at some point. Cloud's inclusion shows that they are willing to accept very minor appearances, since Cloud only appeared on Nintendo consoles through Kingdom Hearts and the rhythm game (that I like but can never type the name of properly).

Considering these rules, the possibilities are characters who have appeared in the following:
The Lost Vikings and TLV2
Rock N' Roll Racing
Blackthorne
Starcraft 1 & Brood War
Diablo 3

So obviously TLV and Jimmy will be the best choices.
08/26/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Rakanadyo
Considering the Smash rules set out by Mr. Sakurai, the character must have been present on a Nintendo console at some point. Cloud's inclusion shows that they are willing to accept very minor appearances, since Cloud only appeared on Nintendo consoles through Kingdom Hearts and the rhythm game (that I like but can never type the name of properly).

Considering these rules, the possibilities are characters who have appeared in the following:
The Lost Vikings and TLV2
Rock N' Roll Racing
Blackthorne
Starcraft 1 & Brood War
Diablo 3

So obviously TLV and Jimmy will be the best choices.

Do I hear Kerrigan?
I also would love to see dibbles, though i would like Maltheal more just because i like maltheal a lot, and think it would be easier to make a unique moveset for the archangel of wisdom.
Lost Vikings seems like a very good potential if Blizzard were to ever get anything in Smash.

I think some extremely notable characters like Uther and Arthas would probably make some of the best Smash characters potentially.

That being said, I'm unsure if I'd actually like to see any Blizzard characters in Smash. It feels ---- really out of place IMHO.
08/26/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Rakanadyo
Cloud's inclusion shows that they are willing to accept very minor appearances, since Cloud only appeared on Nintendo consoles through Kingdom Hearts and the rhythm game (that I like but can never type the name of properly).

No, he explicitly stated Cloud only got in because most people think of him when they think of Final Fantasy, for better or worse.
Toolkit-wise I think Diablo would fit very well.

But if I had to name one Blizzard character out of the hundreds of prominent names, the one who towers above everything and everyone is still The Lich King. He's the Cloud & Solid Snake of Blizzard.
I would especially love to see my all-time favorite character the monster truck from Blizzard's Radical Psycho Machine racing.
Brightwing and Murky.
By series:
  • StarCraft: Zeratul, the guy is melee heavy and alien so would do the franchise proud. Honourable mention to Kerrigan who would do everything better however her primal form character design targets a mature audience that might be a bit too much for Nintendo.
  • Warcraft: Thrall, as an Orc and great leader he pretty respectably represents all that is Warcraft. Between his lightning empowered hammer and his strength he would make for a tough competitor. Honourable mention to Illidan who's move set would make for a fast and frantic melee fighter, however being just an elf and minor villain he does not really capture the full spectrum of what Warcraft is about.
  • Diablo: Pretty much has to be Diablo with his Diablo II form. With the recent inclusion of powerful vampire slayers such as the Belmonts he no longer stands out and anything else would be a disappointment. Honerable mention to Barbarian (Sonya or Male), who would also be a fine representative for the franchise being a slow, tough and powerful fighter.
  • Overwatch: Has to be Tracer, she is the poster model of Overwatch after all. Fast, with weak short range attacks and strong melee. Even her recall mechanics would fit well into Smash. Honourable mention would go to Genji since who honestly would not want to play as a cyborg ninja?
08/26/2018 06:55 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
Honourable mention to Kerrigan who would do everything better however her primal form character design targets a mature audience that might be a bit too much for Nintendo.
Bro, do you know who Zero Suit Samus is?

Primal Kerrigan's "nakedness" would not be an issue just like Donkey Kong's and Bowser's nakedness isn't an issue. They don't have human genitalia, so there's no issue.

08/26/2018 06:55 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
Overwatch: Has to be Tracer, she is the poster model of Overwatch after all. Fast, with weak short range attacks and strong melee. Even her recall mechanics would fit well into Smash. Honourable mention would go to Genji since who honestly would not want to play as a cyborg ninja?
I'm thinking Reinhardt, Genji, Mei, and Soldier: 76 would work great. They all have kits, themes, backgrounds, or mechanics that would lend themselves to a mostly melee playstyle with ranged attacks to supplement. Tracer doesn't really fit that class, unfortunately.
08/26/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Lighthammer
Lost Vikings seems like a very good potential if Blizzard were to ever get anything in Smash.
Ice Climbers 2.0.

Or maybe 3.0 since there are 3 of them...?