Why are people so upset about the Tyrande rework?

General Discussion
Tyrande was amazing before her first rework back when she had seasoned marksman and good heals.

Nowadays, her heals suck unless you are far ahead. New rework Tyrande puts her somewhat back to what she was.
people liked sniping with W, you can't do that anymore.

no matter how much more viable heroes may become, if a certain way of playing them, which happened to be enjoyed by many (hi azmo), is forever deleted, then people are not going to be !@#$ing happy.
I was pissed about the one that happened a year ago, the one at Gamescon is a possibility not a certainty.

I despise current Tyrande, she doesn't excel at anything, every slot she takes another hero can do better. She's too late game of a hero as is. Having 3 quests at level 1 is really a stupid design. I honestly cant wait until they fix Ana so she's not questgated on her level 1 talents.
08/24/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Razor

no matter how much more viable heroes may become, if a certain way of playing them, which happened to be enjoyed by many (hi azmo), is forever deleted, then people are not going to be !@#$ing happy.

Hi. I'm one of those people that always ragequits for months when one of my favorite heroes gets a "rework".

I've never been much of a Tyrande player but her last "rework" took away my favored build so I stopped playing her. I remember the Tyrande mains were pretty furious about the rework but its been with us a long time now and I find it odd another one is already inbound.
As far as I can tell Tyrande suffers from the same fate as Tassadar in that they were originally billed as sort of 'hybrids'. That is to say supports that could also do damage. This appealed to 3 types of players.

1. Players who wanted to support but still be able to deal damage.

2. Players who wanted to deal damage when forced in the support role.

3. Players who ACTUALLY wanted a hybrid who could do a bit of both at once.

They have both suffered from multiple reworks and any change that pushes them in either direction pushes them away from the other 2 so no matter what they do there will always be a faction of their player base that is unhappy.
    3. Players who ACTUALLY wanted a hybrid who could do a bit of both at once.
Yeah, totally, why no both ? It's posssible, so be it.
ppl dont know what they want
few months ago there were a posts(highly rated) how they want old full support tyrande back and now when its going to happen they are upset

and ppl who want her to be both dmg and full support.... its hard to balance
kharazim is balanced dmg dealer and support because he has no waveclear, no CC
yeah tyrande doesnt have waveclear too but she has CC, scouting, armor debuff, trueshot aura, damage redution to enemies and poke dmg(kharazim doesnt have any)
08/24/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Razor

truth but I have to say that some heroes played so good and was actually better in the past but blizzard reworked pretty terrible in terms of game play. A good example is johanna and look while her rework is not as a bad as it was when it first went live last year, she still just can't compete as a solo tank compared to the old johanna.

Tassadar they took a hero that was a solo support and was actually unique compared to other because of the fact that he could solo support but with shields instead of heals, and they just ruined him and tern him into this boring hero that feels like he's being force to be good only as a secondary support which is like no. They need to put tassadar back how he was but better.
people are upset because blizz took an interesting hero
and made her just another generic healer.
When it comes to the community, they are not a cohesive body that share similar opinions. For instance there is a sub set of players that actively asked Blizzard to make tyrande a main healer even if it meant sacrificing damage, while others love the current hybrid set up for the most part and do not want her changed to something else.

That being said I am personally a little sad with some reworks as of late. Best examples were Johana, Malthael, and azmodan. I liked their older set up better compared to current iteration. I got to hold judgement on the tyrande one until I try her out, though I hope some numbers change.
I think most people were wanting a multi-class route for tyrande. Some people prefer she be played as an assassin, some prefer she be played as a support, both are generally annoyed that she can do neither very well. A multi-class option would ensure that she can still do both, but only one at a time. No one really likes to compromise, but it works. Or would have.

Anyway, those complaining are likely just the "half" of tyrande enthusiasts that preferred she be played as an assassin. Those who preferred to play her as a support are quietly hopeful about the changes.
Tyrande was the WC3 Priestess of the Moon. I tolerated heals being in her kit, but they were never what attracted me to it. To see the other aspects of her kit being dampened (especially the auto-attacks) in favor of healing more isn't exactly thrilling.
Because she turns into an other support who, as the rest of the class, isn't allowed to do any kills or playmaking moves on her own.
08/25/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Morthion
Tyrande was the WC3 Priestess of the Moon. I tolerated heals being in her kit, but they were never what attracted me to it. To see the other aspects of her kit being dampened (especially the auto-attacks) in favor of healing more isn't exactly thrilling.

"Hey, I just marked you, now you will di.. ehm, I'll tickle you so I can heal up my allies or myself."

Tyrande just lost her identity, that is what is most infuriating. People like me liked to play her just for that reason. What is frustrating too, they could have made another hero with just those preferences, but they had to take one of the few actual supports which were able to do some of both, some damage and some healing and totally ruined her damage part.
08/24/2018 08:22 PMPosted by TheMechE
Tyrande was amazing before her first rework

Old Tyrande was amazing. And people want that back and that's not what they're getting. Tyrande was a healer and a archer. And now she's a healer that has a bow.

They're scared of having a main healer that can actually kill something. But Kharazim shows that works fine. But they don't want to work to find that balance again. All her power budget goes into healing so they don't have to worry about it.