If we were willing to pay $5/month for this game...Blizzard...

General Discussion
Couple years ago I would've paid 10-15 bucks for a premium server where other members could vote you out in case you trolled... With current state of game I wouldn't pay a dime nor would I trust devs to deliver anything positive for the money.
08/25/2018 08:37 PMPosted by FireSoup
Would you balance the heroes better and fix matchmaking?

Since you sound like you have a solution for the problem, why don't you send it to Blizzard, I bet they are willing to pay for it or even hire you.

Get it in your head already, Blizzard, or any other game company, can't fix stupid!

A subscription might help the problem because most of the idiots would leave the game.

Have a great day!
Yes,

They would start working on it and we will see the changes "Soon TM"
Just like WoW PVP is balanced.
08/25/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Ezekiel
If the game became subscription-based you’d see an immediate drop in users.

There *might* be some quality revisions made, which *might* bring back some people.

I wouldn’t be one of them, but hey.

"Ezekiel!? That name effin sucks!"
08/25/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Ezekiel
If the game became subscription-based you’d see an immediate drop in users.

There *might* be some quality revisions made, which *might* bring back some people.

I wouldn’t be one of them, but hey.

Yes, count me out. I paid money in the past for stimpacks and cosmetics. The game needs WAY too much improvement wise to be worth a subscription.

You also have the problem that once you have a sub based system, you would have even longer queues as the playerbase would plummet even more than it has in recent months.
08/25/2018 08:37 PMPosted by FireSoup
Would you balance the heroes better and fix matchmaking?

Acti-Blizzney execs would just have more money to bathe in.
I would probably do it if it was voluntarily, give a permanent stimpack bonus for the paid duration and would help to work more on game quality improvements instead of just releasing heroes and skins for their income. Maybe as additional perk gem purchases could be 25% lower or could accumulate some small amounts of gems to your bank which can be used variously.

However, I wouldn't do this at the current state of the game, first important things have to change. That there is no clan system, in-game communities and no proper QM balance(It can remain wild, but some aspects just have to be balanced, like the PvEing potential) would hold me back from doing so. Ammo removal and the siege heavy playstyle are also reasons to dislike supporting this game, aside of the feeling that much feedback is ignored in these forums.
A pay-to-play MOBA will fail. Instantly. Regardless of quality.

I love HotS. But if I had to pay to play it I'd go back to Smite where I play for free and my one-time optional payment of 15 bucks gets me every single god, present and future. Which would be a much better investment than paying a subscription to play it at all.