Tyr went to trash

General Discussion
Gratz on ruining Tyr .....
https://i.imgur.com/vIOWQbZ.png

#trashtag
/popcorn
Agree with OP. Blizz turned a hero that maybe needed a few minor tweaks into a totally different hero whose playstyle is so different that players who liked her now no longer do. Now she's just your typical spam healbot with no redeeming qualities. I would rather bring so many other pure healers to any game than new Tyrande. RIP.
that's alright it's not so bad when i was a young lad my folks had me take out the trash all the time even without a bag sometimes but in the end i pulled through even after getting sick several times due to contact with repulsive substances.
A great sustained healer + global heal/invis with poke, damagebuff and ranged stun on demand. Tyrande rework is great.
I wasn't enthusiastic until I saw they had increased her attack range. I'm actually shooting things with a bow more now than before.
lol what?

Worst case scenario, she went from “bad” to “still bad”. Best case, she went from “bad” to “actually pretty good”.
You may not like her new play style, but she's definitely not trash. I think that she's really strong right now to be honest.
By the thread name I thought this was about Tyreal lol.
09/06/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Pastuch
Gratz on ruining Tyr .....

Holy jumping paladins of Tyr, we're done for!
Tyr is a norse warrior god known for only having one hand, who has a similar analog in Wow who replaced a hand he lost in battle with a silver fist.

Tyr’s hand would be the symbol of the first order of paladins and the site of his grave is named as such “Tyr’s fall” phonetically said is Trisfall Glade.

However, since other blizzard games feature characterw by the name on Tyrande, Tyreal, and Tirion, you might want to not only specific which one you mean, but also express specific grevances that actualy make for worthwhile feedback, otherwise you pretty much convey you’re an impulsive sap who cant put in the effort on why anyone should care who or what you think is “trash” and you dont seem to be keen on establishing that you yourself arent such “trash”

*the more you know*
09/06/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Xenterex
Tyr is a norse warrior god known for only having one hand, who has a similar analog in Wow who replaced a hand he lost in battle with a silver fist.

He is also a playable character in Smite. Hmm
09/06/2018 02:09 PMPosted by HarvesterUT
Agree with OP. Blizz turned a hero that maybe needed a few minor tweaks into a totally different hero whose playstyle is so different that players who liked her now no longer do. Now she's just your typical spam healbot with no redeeming qualities. I would rather bring so many other pure healers to any game than new Tyrande. RIP.

I would rather bring so many other pure damage dealers to any game than old Tyrande...

I don't know why everyone is so mad, you now have 2 full priest(ess) heroes again. /trollface.
I enjoyed playing 2 heroes in this game.

Now you really ruined one completely, a minor tweak to her heal would have worked fine, now the hero i loved to play due to its versatility is gone. Nobody needed another full healer, her support was also her damage, healing and stunning at the right time. the ability to take out some lone heroes with ult and dps build. a unique hero trashed. I loved choosing going dps build or more supportive, depending on team. its all gone, this is not tyrande. nobody asked for another strong healer.

you do not have to adjust every hero to top100 ranked plays, she was fine before for those who could play. youre doing the same thing youre doing to every wow class since years, its going to ruin you
Tyr is in Smite.
that's some real constructive feedback there.
She is very well reworked. One of the best reworks. I feel like every talent has its place. Numbers are also there. Good job.
My main issue is that it was a rework. They threw out a great character to make a totally different character that's okay. Zero sense to that. If you're making an old character into something totally different... JUST MAKE A NEW CHARACTER.

The lack of diverse class types is one reason I keep going back to DOTA2. Tyrande was one of my favorites because she was one of (if not the only) utility/carry support, and not just another cookie cutter healer that easily fit in the tank/heal/deeps roles that Blizz has liked doing for the last decade. This is also a factor in why I find HotS esports to be the least interesting to watch. Lack of diversity gets dull. DOTA2 is still my MOBA of choice for esport viewing because it does embrace very different playstyles and approaches, and it's saddening to see blizz continuing to simplify and streamline at the cost of diverse / nuanced gameplay.

Many folks in HotS often didn't seem to grasp that having multi-role or different hero types can work with a good team comp, but nuking a character in order to replace it with a pretty much entirely new one is a very strange development choice. I can see some teams taking advantage of the Tyrande's smoke of deciept ult, but the gutting of her ability to do damage was a big bummer. I do kinda like the double heal tho. Honestly, that change alone would have left me happy. Instead, y'all deleted my favorite character and wrote a new one over the old files. :(
The reworks are always heavy handed now. I do like some of the talents they altered, such as the spell armor one.

I still feel that such a huge departure from the previous iteration is a letdown and, seriously, 2 points of AA range with Shadowstalk would've vastly increased her capabilities to attack and heal due to the innate cooldown reduction from autos.